Wednesday WOD
4 rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
10 clean and jerk
post time to comments.

If your looking for a little “moto” check out this post at Again Faster.

Hump day and headed for a 3 day weekend.

9 thoughts on “Hump day and headed for a 3 day weekend.

• May 20, 2009 at 5:21 pm

29yo Female 184#

65# C&J
    as rx'd

• May 21, 2009 at 12:01 am

13:07/115#
    Quad strain ON REP ONE!!! That was a tough workout either way. I’ve been CrossFit’n since Aug ’07 although you wouldn’t be able to tell by my times and the wt I’m pushing. It’s like I just started. Why?? Well I’ll tell you. Since 07 I worked out alone because no one else I worked with was willing to try.(that male cop ego is something else isn’t it??) I now realize that it is a whole different animal working out with a group and a coach. Your technique, or lack there of in my case, is being corrected and you’re being pushed throughout the WOD to reach that oh so nasty ‘I’m about to meet Mr Pukie!!” stage. So to all you newbies just starting out you are on the right track and in the right place for that matter. Excellent box, great people and I’m right there with you learning something new every WOD. If it was easy they would call it walking. C7 lives!!!

• May 21, 2009 at 12:23 am

Ruben-
    I experienced the same thing last May that you are going through now! There is nothing better than CrossFitting with a group. When you go at it solo, you think you are pushing yourself, but in reality, you have nothing else to compare too. Don’t worry about the times and weights now – it all will come. Enjoy the process and try not to worry about the outcome!

• May 21, 2009 at 1:18 am

What does one do in a gym with no squat rack?

Answer – Deadlift!

5X45, 5X135, 5X225, 5X275, 5X335

Weighted pullups:

5X45, 5X50, 4X60

5 rounds:
    10 GHD situps
    10 clapping push-ups

• May 21, 2009 at 1:25 am

On top of that meals on the road are difficult but I’ve found a good solution.

I’ve got a breakfast spot that will make me bacon and eggs so that’s covered. Lunch is hit or miss as I’m expected to take our field hands out. Dinner historically has been mostly miss when I’m traveling but the past few trips I’ve been hitting the grocery store.

It’s a real pain to eat if you don’t have plates and silverware or a large salad bowl. I found the solution to this problem. Tuesday evening I bought 2 bags of baby spinach some olive oil and a couple pounds of lean chicken deli meat. The spinach bags are about 4-8 cups of raw depeding on how much you packed it down which is roughly 1-2 blocks of carbs. Open the top carefully and pour in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roll down the top and shake vigorously as if it were a baby that was crying uncontrollably. Now open it up and put in ~4-6 oz meat. Re-roll the bag and shake again. Open it up and eat with a plastic fork. BAM! Zone meal in a pouch.

I also buy berries to go with breakfast and to eat post WOD.

• May 21, 2009 at 2:57 am

good work today!

Joey come on out.

• May 21, 2009 at 3:09 am

So after you give your shaken baby 4-6oz of your meat… Then what do you do?

Rode 42 miles today. Doc said take it easy and gave me Methlyprednisone

• May 21, 2009 at 1:01 pm

AIDS of the elbow?

• May 21, 2009 at 7:24 pm

All this talk about shaking babies is cracking me up. I just feel it’s my duty to remind you all to feel free to shake your spinach salad, martini, money maker, booty or whatever all you want…but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SHAKE A BABY! That’ll get you 5-99 or LIFE. (This is meant to be funny, not because I think any one will shake their baby.) Thanks for the salad in a bag idea. Perfect for lunches in the office.

I liked this workout, even though my time sucked.