“Helen”
3 rounds for time:
400m Run
21 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5 pood
12 pullups

Compare to December 23, 2009. Post time to comments.

***********************************************************************

For the most competitive man on the planet, it is not enough just to win—he also needs to be seen winning, and to have won. To succeed in plain sight often means announcing objectives in advance. “Committing to a particular goal publicly puts pressure on oneself. It becomes an enormous action-forcing mechanism and often helps you achieve more than you might have had you kept your goals to yourself.” –General David Petraeus

What are your goals?

Tuesday WOD, 4/6/10

9 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, 4/6/10

• April 6, 2010 at 5:49 am

Whiskey-Oops! Typo on my part – thanks for letting me know! It’s fixed.

Lucas-I keep forgetting – I have a stretch band for you – remind me today to give it to you!

• April 6, 2010 at 6:09 am

~16 miles on the bike. Wind sucked.

• April 6, 2010 at 6:40 am

Amie, nice quote from Petraeus on the competitive spirit and goals. Here is quote from another general who actually won something:

“The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your
    enemies and chase them before you, to rob
    them of their wealth and see those dear
    to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp
    to your bosom their wives and daughters.”

Genghis Khan

• April 6, 2010 at 8:26 am

Money, Amie. Can’t make it today. Get the band from you next time. Thanks.

• April 6, 2010 at 9:45 am

I love Helen. My butt hurts too bad from yesterdays WOD though. (insert joke)

• April 6, 2010 at 10:46 am

Lucas- Sounds good – just remind me! I’ve forgotten every day since we’ve talked about it!

• April 6, 2010 at 4:32 pm

4:30 class pushed really hard – a couple of PRs were made -high fives all around!

Been sitting on the sidelines for a while – pleurisy is no joke, and I’ve tried to rest as much as possible. My goal this year is to follow the main site, and I’ve only been stopped by illness or injury. Main site today was OHS, my favorite! I decided to try and lift today, though had to stick to light weights….had to do sets of 3 reps, and I only got to 85lbs., but it’s a start. Followed with 400m walking lunges (17:30 – 1:30 off PR). I’m not thinking it was a great idea to WOD because now I really hurt, but it did feel good to play in the chalk today.

• April 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

10:12. 58 seconds slower than December. That’s probably as hard as I’ve pushed it since getting sick. Hope I get it back soon.