21-15-9
Clean (135 lb./95.)
Burpee
400m Run

(PS Clean means squat clean.)

Ok, I promised you a description of moving your body around the bar. Sage Burgener explains it better than I ever could in her blog, so be sure to read this. And, while you are on Sage’s blog, be sure to read why a hook grip is essential in Olympic lifting.
*********************************************************************************
When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses? I was coaching at an Olympic lifting cert a couple of months ago, and my friend Erin (another coach) went with me to the grocery store to get some lunch. We walked into a WalMart, and there was a refrigerator full of flowers by the door. I will never forget Erin’s reaction, “OH FLOWERS!! We have to stop and smell them!” She made me stop, and we smelled all of the roses. Erin could tell by the look on my face that I thought she was crazy, and she said, “Amie, life is too short to not stop and smell the roses. You ALWAYS have to stop.” That particular moment has been permanently etched in my mind. Erin showed me that I had gotten caught up in rushing here and there, that somewhere along the way, I stopped paying attention to small things.

I’m working on slowing down, and every time I go to Central Market, I go by the flowers and smell them all – Try it next time you are there and see how nice they all are!

Wednesday WOD, 4/21/10

11 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, 4/21/10

• April 21, 2010 at 9:11 am

Just have to say, you 6am people are amazing and inspiring.. I can’t believe there’s so many of you!

I just watched that snatching video thing like a thousand times.. he looks so smooth and strong.. I still feel all over the place and weak.. will that change??? Coming from running, I feel like my lower body is much stronger than my upper.. those lifts make me nervous..

• April 21, 2010 at 9:39 am

Hey Roosters! Post some times and comments! This one looks fun.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:05 am

20:47 for me. But then Ryan put on Led Zeppelin – enabled me to knock out 50 additional sit-ups and 30 sledge hammers!!….(going back to bed now, ha-ha). Great workout! I’m pretty sure “Sank” did some extra credit pull-ups too!! Debbie, glad you’re back.
    Have a great day ~

• April 21, 2010 at 10:06 am

Oh yeah ~ Eric where were you???…this is your kind of workout.

• April 21, 2010 at 11:14 am

19:16 RX. This was really tough.
    Newley

• April 21, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Faith-the athlete in the video is Beau Burgener, one of Coach B’s kiddos, and yes, you can absolutely lift as flawlessly as Beau! It takes a lot of practice and patience – olympic lifts can be complicated, but the more you practice, the more confident you become with them. Strong legs are an asset in lifting too, as they will help you create momentum. The key to a good Olympic lift lies in your footwork, jumping and landing. Don’t be nervous! Let us know what we can do to help!

• April 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Been working out at home cause family in town.
    As RX- about 22 min. Had a couple distractions…. Phone, crying baby, but it was definitely around 22.

• April 21, 2010 at 2:45 pm

18:53 at 105 lbs. just now getting back to a normal pulse rate.

• April 21, 2010 at 3:47 pm

flowers are nice.

• April 21, 2010 at 8:21 pm

20:48 as rx’ed. kicked my arse. huge rooster class today. paukune, sleeping in is not an option. get your sh-t together son.

• April 22, 2010 at 8:10 am

17:55 using 115#
    My last 400 took 2:06. That is embarrassing!