Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes, perform:
1 Clean and Jerk (185 lb./135 lb.)
2 Muscle Ups

***********************************************************************
How often do you stretch? I don’t mean before or after a WOD. I mean REALLY stretch and spend time working on flexibility and recovery?

Dedicate time each day to stretch and create a stretching routine that becomes as much of a priority as your PRs and as the WOD itself.  I’ve heard a couple of athletes talk about having tight shoulders and hamstrings. These two videos are stretches you can add to your warm up/cool down to assist in keeping you flexible!

(PS Disregard what it says about not hurting. Stretching is supposed to hurt.)

Friday WOD, 5/14/10

15 thoughts on “Friday WOD, 5/14/10

• May 14, 2010 at 6:17 am

115 Clean/Jerk – Chest Pull Ups with red band. 93 Tabata Situps after.

The real warriors did the WOD outside this morning. Frank the Tank was outside, but couldnt cut it and moved in. Great job Pauk!

Grunting was stable during WOD.

Great Rooster Crew today!

• May 14, 2010 at 6:40 am

I did 15 of the 20 minutes Rx. 185# c&j + 2 muscle ups. The weight felt pretty good. I’m happy about the cleans. Once again muscle ups slowed me up. There’s a lot of muscle fatigue for me with the movement. In the last 10 minutes or so I was doing 2 minutes on 1 minute off. If my palms weren’t raw and bruised after Wednesday they are now…

Missed the jerk in the 3rd round. That really hurt. Cleaned the weight twice that round.

I think I did 96 situps.

• May 14, 2010 at 6:43 am

155 C&J – rope climbs and chest to bar pull ups & 91 sit ups

I’m sorry if I kicked a few of you this morning during pull ups, but you got in my way.

Scott you had me worried on a few of those jerks. It looked like your arms we’re about to snap.

• May 14, 2010 at 7:29 am

155 for a couple then 135 with alternating rope pull and psuedo chest to bars. fun workout.

whiskey – i am impressed watching the weight move and then the MUs.

• May 14, 2010 at 7:37 am

Weighted Pull-up 120lbs
    Weighted Dip 100lbs

75 Burpees for time – 3:46

I’ll try this WOD out this weekend.

• May 14, 2010 at 8:50 am

155# with chest to bar pu’s. bottom line…..i suck at C&J. It must be addressed. Eric, what you saw was not an illusion. Great Rooster crew. Good chance Paukune, Walters and I will be at Tillman’s at 430ish if anyone’s interested.

• May 14, 2010 at 9:55 am

Sank – Tillman’s sounds awesome. Will see how my desk looks at 4:00.

Tried C&J @ 185. Got one clean – zero jerk – dropped to 155 for 10 rounds – upped to 165 for last ten – rope crawl

• May 14, 2010 at 10:15 am

Frank, do i need to call burton to tell him you’re leaving for the day at 4? Happy to do it. In fact, i”ll just tell him you’re out at 3.

• May 14, 2010 at 10:19 am

He just walked out with his briefcase. No need.

• May 14, 2010 at 10:19 am

I had to go to the grocery store today during nutrition class and get some eggs… I got up to the front to pay, and I was using the self serve cash registers. The lady beside me had just paid and inserted her money…the machine was giving her change back (several $$), and she screams, “YES!!!!!!!!” as if she was at a slot machine and had won some money, not like she was just getting change back. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

• May 14, 2010 at 10:50 am

c/j 135 w 2 pull ups w 12 pounds – who is the new Rooster??

• May 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm

am wod 100 x double unders, 75 x thrusters (75#), 50 x SDHP (75#), 25 x burpess 18:17

had to scale due to sucking at muscle ups or not being able to do them whatever

pm wod every min for 20 min 1 C&J 205# 2 C2B pull ups and 2 ring dips

• May 14, 2010 at 7:23 pm

100 double unders
    75 thrusters 75#
    50 sdhp 75#
    25 burpees

CF7 WOD: every minute perform:
    1 c&j 185#
    2 C2B pullups
    2 ring dips

i only made it through 10 minutes before i gave up 🙁

• May 14, 2010 at 7:24 pm

You should have bought the blue ones Mackey.