As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Squat cleans (95 lb./65 lb.)
5 Box jumps
25 Situps

Post number of rounds to comments.

***********************************************************************
What is your favorite inspirational/motivational quote?

Friday WOD, 5/7/10

15 thoughts on “Friday WOD, 5/7/10

• May 7, 2010 at 5:58 am

3 1/2 rxd so slow on the squat cleans – Ronin you should lap me twice

Happy Birthday Faith

• May 7, 2010 at 6:10 am

5 3/40 rounds (don’t wont to sell myself short)

Newly tricked me into thinking he was sore. I thought I had a chance to beat him today. My dreams were quickly crushed. Also Faith you left before we could sing you Happy Birthday.

• May 7, 2010 at 6:53 am

I doubtless would, particularly with no running involved.

However, I think I’ll do Helen instead. A WOD named after a harlot who caused a huge bit of fuss and inspired a prophylactic company.

• May 7, 2010 at 7:18 am

5 rounds and a couple of failed muscle ups. I <3 coffee.

• May 7, 2010 at 7:46 am

Aww thanks for the birthday stuff guys!

Good workout.. my abs are so tight now I can’t stand up straight.. And Newly stop tellng me to up my weight!! It’s harrrrd!!! 😉

• May 7, 2010 at 9:12 am

If he stops, I’ll start. If you’re going that fast and still scaling, it’s time to up your weight!

• May 7, 2010 at 10:54 am

Faith! My Birthday was Yesterday! Happy Birthday!

• May 7, 2010 at 1:27 pm

7 rds rx.
    I was chasing the birthday girl the entire time. Of course I am going to tell her to up the weight, I need to some way to stay up with her.

• May 7, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Snatch PR 155lbs

Only took me 10 tries

Can’t make the WOD today but looks fun. I am gonna rock something easier at home. Happy birthday ladies!

• May 7, 2010 at 7:38 pm

6 rounds plus 1 squat clean. Nearly hurled on this one.

• May 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Happy Birthday Angie! Yay for May birthdays!!

What is scaling?? And I was trying to keep it steady, Ryan said keep it steady 🙂

• May 8, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Scaling is when you don’t do the prescribed weight/reps. If you did 65lb squat cleans on Friday then you’re fine. If not then you scaled it.

Another thing you’ll come to realize is Newly and Ryan are polar opposites. Newly likes people to do Rx weight all the time, where as Ryan wants you to keep your form perfect throughout. Your best bet is to listen to your body. You want a weight that is challenging, but you don’t want to get injured by doing your 1RM 30 times because it is the prescribed weight.

• May 9, 2010 at 10:07 am

Hey Faith!! I’m a little late on the wishes but Happy, Happy Birthday ~ hope it’s been an entire weekend celebration!!

• May 9, 2010 at 10:51 am

Form Vs. Rx

I am new to all this, but it looks to me like these rules, like all rules, should be filtered through the principal of casuistry.

Looks like some elements of good form are minimize injury, others to lift more weight then one could other wise lift absent the technique, CJ’s come to mind.

Safety maintained, if the Rx is light for an individual why not get it done as fast as possible? Is that not the goal of a timed WOD?

• May 10, 2010 at 7:56 am

Why thank you Eric, that was helpful. So pretty much, scaling is slacking.. got it 😛

That makes sense to me Ronin (have I met you??), I’d rather have good form and keep my heart rate up going fast. And I’m good at listening to my body and knowing what I can handle.. and I’m competitive so I wont hold back. 🙂

You guys are so dang hard core!!