“DT”
Five rounds for time of:
155 pound Deadlift, 12 reps
155 pound Hang power clean, 9 reps
155 pound Push jerk, 6 reps

Compare to March 23, 2010. Post time to comments.

******************************************************************************
Outside Magazine features some of the best outdooor, adventure photos around. The photo galleries are online here. Check it out!

Monday WOD, 5/24/10

26 thoughts on “Monday WOD, 5/24/10

• May 24, 2010 at 6:22 am

So sorry for the late post. I thought I posted it last night, but instead, it got deleted – oops!

LOVE DT – it’s quite possibly my all time favorite WOD. Good luck today!

• May 24, 2010 at 7:43 am

So, did any of you cocks do this thing Rx?

• May 24, 2010 at 8:28 am

12:47 RX – it was a beast.

• May 24, 2010 at 9:05 am

155LB – 11:16 – That really hurt!

• May 24, 2010 at 9:27 am

13:02 RX – I thought it would be a lot harder

• May 24, 2010 at 10:04 am

Friday –
    Power Snatch PR 165lbs
    7 rounds
    7 thrusters 95lbs
    15 Box jumps

Today – more lifting. Did DT about a month ago and it killed me, can’t remember time.

• May 24, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Paukune- course it was easy in 13 minutes!!! COME ON!!!!!

• May 24, 2010 at 6:03 pm

thanks for that one….ouch!
    scaled to #95

• May 24, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Ok so it wasn’t rxd and it took me 15:17 @115. – it hurt!!!!!

• May 24, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Paukune did this in 11:16 RX? Oh that’s right, it was national transgendered workout day and he did the pre teen ladies Rx weight.

• May 24, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Atleast 15:30 had to drop down to 115 after the first 3 cleans. I’ll have to work on my grip maybe I’ll do Tabata Shake Weight after tomorows WOD.

• May 24, 2010 at 8:32 pm

16:35 Rx meaning 155#

Something funny going on in the chicken coop this AM.

• May 25, 2010 at 7:33 am

Amie, yesterday was the first day I drank half my body weight in ounces.. Are you proud!!? 🙂

First time w the DT.. I think my weight was something lousy like, 75#.. 12:06?

But! Me and Eric tied so that was sweet 😉

• May 25, 2010 at 7:52 am

RX looked like 125# but felt like 155#. The head cock put us up to this.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:04 am

Actual time was 14:17 dropping from RX to 135lb after the first nine cleans. Paukune obviously accomplished his goal with Whisky.

Faith – that is good work. Now try it with beer.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:08 am

No worries on the Rx thing. Even Ryan skipped out on it.

I will say there isn’t much space left on my body that isn’t bruised in some way after this. Both my collar bones, both my quads and somehow the top of my foot along with other various spots.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

Mr whisky, I’m glad you said that.. my collar bones and sternum feel bruised, my forearms and hamstrings are tight and my hands have yucky hurting callouses.. I thought I was the only one.. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong.

frank, 70 ounces of beer????? Gross!!

• May 25, 2010 at 8:39 am

I’m in for a beer WOD one saturday. Drink X oz of beer per round coupled with a few movements.

Actually if you’re bruised on the collar bone you are doing it wrong and so was I. When you’re receiving the bar on your shoulder your delts (shoulder muscle) should be taking the brunt of the force. If you’re catching the bar with your elbows too low you’ll hit the collar bone. It’s just going to happen after you fatigue. I also drop the weight from the jerks down to my shoulders and cushion the impact with my legs. When I get tired I’m not a fluid and ended up catching several of them straight legged.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:55 am

Faith-
    A bruised collar bone means you are not meeting the bar and letting it crash on you (as Whiskey said). You’ve got to meet the bar.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

“your delts (shoulder muscle) should be taking the brunt of the force”.. so, um, what if you don’t have those? And elbows out front, right?

1x, 2x, 3x, 4x… beer, push up, sit up, pull up..

• May 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

Some days you meet the bar and other days the bar meets you.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

Bruises on the collar bone is how you know you did proper form! Although it didn’t help that they were already bruised from Grace.

What took so long on the fake times yesterday? I stayed up till 9AM waiting for somebody to post their BS. I figured everyone chickened out(rooster pun), so I went to sleep.

Faith my T was clearly out before yours. I fell victim to the Doppler effect since Newly was closer to you….. I am way too competitive.

• May 25, 2010 at 9:02 am

Whatever Eric!! Our bars where dropping at the same time, you just said “time!” a tiny bit before me.. cause I didn’t want to interrupt you 😉

• May 25, 2010 at 9:10 am

Wow yall post fast. I guess I need to work on meeting the bar. I always assumed bruises happened haha

• May 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

Meeting the bar is a great idea on single rep up to maybe 3 or 5 rep lifting workouts where you’re focusing on technique and going for big weights. It’s pretty much out the window on high rep metcons. Olympic lifts weren’t really intended to be performed at high reps for extended periods of time. You’ll never see a top level olympic lifter doing 30 clean & jerks for time or 60 dead-lifts, 45 hang power cleans and 30 jerks as a workout.

• May 25, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Since I skipped all last week I was a little afraid of DT. So, when Ryan suggested I scale to 95#, I jumped all over it. 8:46. I should have gone heavier. Oh well.