“Jackie”
1000m Row
Thruster 45 lbs (50 reps)
Pull-ups (30 reps)

Thursday WOD, 5/20/10 GIRL’S WEEK!

10 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, 5/20/10 GIRL’S WEEK!

• May 20, 2010 at 8:41 am

i’m running a fever, hopped up on claritin, dayquil, asseatohmenifen, cilantro and flintsones’ vitamins. feels great though.

jackie… 7:29

• May 20, 2010 at 9:04 am

Question on rest, when do you know it’s a good day to rest or a good day to push yourself thru the soreness.

• May 20, 2010 at 10:02 am

Ryan-Good question. The answer is, it depends. If you are sore from a workout, but you have a decent energy level, WOD might not be a bad idea (just go easy and light) -it will help work out some of the soreness. If, on the other hand, your body is flat out tired, then I would say rest. I have found that if I push myself through a WOD, for the sake of “I want to do a workout”, those are the times when I was most prone to injury. It’s never a good idea to workout when your body is screaming at you to rest. A good rule of thumb is, “If you don’t take time to rest and recover, then you can’t complain that it hurts.”

• May 20, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Some of best workouts have come while being either sore or hungover. I am not saying that those are words you should live by but you if you want to PR consider overtraining and drinking as your safe bet.

• May 20, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Lol I’ll get right on the drinking part. Is there a sub for the row I can’t make it in today but I don’t want to miss out.

• May 20, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Sumo Dead lift High Pull, Burpees, or 800m run. I suggest Sumo’s or running.

• May 20, 2010 at 5:47 pm

6:06.

2 weeks of active rest helped. Great effort 6ers.

• May 20, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Nice, Lucas.

8:36. Not a PR but at least I’m breathing better finally.

• May 20, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Lucas was off the rower at around 3:30 and change, then just owned it. Never stopped on the thrusters, one break on the PU’s.

I was right behind him.

10:12 with red band

Interesting contrasting LA’s rest approach, to Andrews power drinking PR’s.

• May 21, 2010 at 9:03 am