Five rounds for time of:
5 Muscle-ups
135 pound Power clean, 10 reps
Run 220 meters

David Millar 10:08. Post time to comments.
(Sub for muscle-ups is 3 pullups and 3 dips per muscle-up)

It’s beginning to get a little toasty in CF7 during WOD, and the heat/humidity combination can crush the very best athletes. How do you combat that? Drink lots of water. Hydrate throughout the day in preparation of your WOD. You will feel stronger and feel better if you arrive properly hydrated. Watch this video from CrossFit Endurance and Again Faster on hydration and CrossFit.

Wednesday WOD, 5/12/10

22 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, 5/12/10

• May 12, 2010 at 6:16 am

23 minutes flat as Rx’d. I failed one muscle up in the 4th round. 135# was floating up nicely. Slowest portion for me was muscle ups.

Paukune – The gym is CrossFit VIrtuosity. Keith Wittenstein is the owner. If it’s easy for you to get there tell him I sent you. He may punch you in the face.

• May 12, 2010 at 6:35 am

15:44 – 115lb and subbed muscle ups, but it doesn’t count since it wasn’t Rx’d 🙂

• May 12, 2010 at 7:37 am

It counts, fool. Thanks for making the last run with me.

I forgot to add everyone needs to check out the new link via my handle if you want to know where da gold at.

• May 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

19:00 on the nose 135# then 115# some rubber bands and split the dips and push ups. obviously according to the video i am not hydrating properly nor did i walk in with a proper attitude, very unexplosive today…better than not showing up though. i did drive sank to a PR in tabata sit-ups. 104 for him and 106 for me.

• May 12, 2010 at 8:03 am

18:42 @ 115 (pull ups & push ups) – so slow!!!!

ran 7 miles afterwards and now wondering what was I thinking

whisky aka super aggie I will check out the NY box thanks

have a good day Roosters

• May 12, 2010 at 9:33 am

funny – Walters talking “tabata smack” to the Scotchman

• May 12, 2010 at 9:51 am

14:55 and yes Newly I upped my weight.. a bit. 75# 🙂

I think I’m the weakest C7 link.. and do baby weight, scaley pull ups and my arms stay so shaky!!

ps. staying up to midnight before a rooster class is a VERY BAD idea.. right Mark? 🙂

Amy!! Where were you you!!??

Whisky, you are quite impressive, that was amazing.

You guys did tabata sit ups after I left????? I feel so left out… 🙁

• May 12, 2010 at 10:54 am

Five rounds for time of:
    5 Muscle-ups
    135 pound Power clean, 10 reps
    Run 220 meters

18 mile roadie ride this morning. john didn’t show up.

• May 12, 2010 at 11:22 am

Don’t let this go to your head Faith, but you’re doing extremely well for being so new to crossfit.

John, I think the best part of Leprechaun video is the amateur sketch. That’s how you know it really happened.

• May 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm

13:32 with (8PullUp/8DiamondPushUp sub for 5 muscle up). Ryan shaking his head over my terrible clean form.

Walters – if you set tabata records AFTER the workout, you were too light and too slow.

Whisky – I love the Leprechan story, but your links don’t work for me.

• May 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm

See there, Faith. Some brown guy rode 18 miles on the road bike in the wind and THEN went to “work” and beat me by 9 minutes. Now look at his picture. He’s not even two months old. =(

• May 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

18:16 (135# no muscle ups). Cleans kicked my butt as usual.

walters, WTF does “135# then 115# some rubber bands and split the dips and push ups”. this is not the luby’s buffet line…it’s Xfit for crying out loud. get with the program son. do we need to send you back to an elements class??

• May 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Tank – not a PR for me just Sank. i have squeezed a few more in before so i guess i was loafing.

unlike Faith i scale downward so that i can finish a workout.

• May 12, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Just now checking out the birthday happenin’ last Saturday …awesome video. Thanks for sharing w/Roosters!! You all can lift quite the lbs….is it the “lifting juice” ya’ll were drinking?? Hmmmm

• May 12, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Eric! 😀

Oooooh right, Whisky, what was I thinking, dang you suck.

Lol, Sank you are funnyfunnyfunny…

So we should be drinking HALF our body weight in oz. during a “non-working”out day? And 16 oz for every hour of working out?? Whoa, that’s a lot of water.

Also, I told Ryan this, maybe it’s in my head, but since starting CF, I think I have more energy like, all the time.. is that possible??

• May 12, 2010 at 3:31 pm

That’s just under a gallon of water for me (111 oz) if I assume I weigh 190# and exercised for an hour. Pretty doable if you’re close to a restroom all day. Mass balance dictates mass in is always equal to mass out, you know.

FYI there are 128 oz in a gallon.

• May 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

This blog is blowing up.

Front Squat PR 265lbs

• May 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm

14:17 Tried to keep up with Mackey but looks like you beat me by a few seconds. I take solace in knowing since you did the workout alone, you probably cheated. Therefore, in my head, I beat you.

• May 12, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Faith-It is a lot of water, but the more hydrated you are (especially once we hit mid-summer), the better your WODs will be. The heat will break us all quickly, and the best way to fight back is water.

Andrew-I like the blow up – it lets me know people are actually reading the blog, haha! KEEP POSTING EVERYONE!

Great 4:30 class today!!

• May 12, 2010 at 7:27 pm

18:37 – only 95 pounds on the clean and used blue rubber band for pull ups…Much better though than when I started 6 weeks ago! Running was much better.

Did the tabata sit ups afterward as well. Yeah, I’m that good.

Grunting wasn’t too bad today. Maybe doing pull ups next to Sank drowned my sound out. Loud grunting will be back on Friday.

• May 13, 2010 at 9:48 am