200m Run
5 minutes max reps Front Squat (95 lb./65 lb.)
800m Run
5 minutes max reps Push Press (95 lb./65 lb.)
400m Run

Score is total reps. Post score to comments.
Could you make it as World Cup Referee? Post thoughts to comments.
As it starts to heat up, sweat will quickly break down any workout. Chalk will only go so far, you may notice your hands start to rip more (due to a mean combination of sweat and friction on the bars), and the explosiveness of the Olympic lifts suddenly become hazardous with slippery bars. PLEASE BRING A TOWEL. Use it to keep your hands dry, and keep the bar you are using dry. Your WODs will be better for it.

Friday WOD, 6/11/10

28 thoughts on “Friday WOD, 6/11/10

• June 11, 2010 at 6:03 am

20.08 miles on the road bike.

• June 11, 2010 at 6:36 am

What was the time on that Whisky?

53 FS + 46 PP = 99 (for Faith)

More importantly I did my first muscle up today! It took me three months working on it. I’m sure it wasn’t the prettiest looking MU, but I’m ecstatic.

Props to Troy for hanging tough throughout the workout. It was a rough one and I’m glad he was able to complete it. Hopefully he is fully recovered come Monday.

• June 11, 2010 at 7:34 am

Is there a time component involved or can we just cruise on the runs?

Keep the good work going on the site, Amie. It’s grown by leaps and bounds the past few months.

• June 11, 2010 at 7:40 am

The computer said 1:17 at 15.6 mph average. Rode up Rogers and back down then up Colonial to add mileage and climbing.

• June 11, 2010 at 8:35 am

Just a reminder tomorrow starting at 10am and going till whenever people get tired, my box is open for Sat lifting club. All CF7 members who want to get strong are invited. I will most likely be at the 9am class but if not I’ll see you after.

Again my house is right by TCU –
    3652 Shelby Drive 76109

• June 11, 2010 at 8:44 am

50 FS 45 PP at Rx then 115 tabata situps. i tried to pace myself…easily could have squeezed another 5 -7 each.

The run is done altogether at a group pace. Workout starts with last person across the line.

also agree on the website. have a nice weekend.

• June 11, 2010 at 8:57 am

Lucas and David – THANK YOU!!! 🙂

Eric-CONGRATS on the muscle up!!!! Doesn’t matter what it looks like, you got the first one under your belt!

• June 11, 2010 at 9:08 am

Ronin, I briefly cruised through that article. It had a lot of words and few pictures which makes it hard for me to understand.

I wonder what the guy really knows about squatting with heavy weights, weight belts, and abdominal work. Squatting heavy with a belt isn’t a crutch. Your abs are flexing and working just as hard as they would without a belt. The work in a belt isn’t done in the back. It’s done in the front where your abs press HARD against it to keep your midsection even more stable. Not to mention he’s pushing lots of questionable supplements on his website. That, in my feeble mind, is a big detractor to his credibility.

On the shoulder injury deal. I don’t disagree that strengthening the whole chain of muscles and joints is very important. I do, however, think that it’s somewhat presumptuous to say that he injured a rotator cuff and nearly tore a pectoral muscle because of his weak wrists. If you stick with the lighter weights all the time because of a single weak link you might not ever get any stronger. Pushing yourself past plateaus and weaknesses is the only way to improve.

• June 11, 2010 at 9:17 am

75 – FS – 70 PP = 145

Go Frogs!

• June 11, 2010 at 9:28 am

90 ttotal 40 FS 50 PP –

• June 11, 2010 at 9:36 am

Andy, one the first vid right at the end when he split jerks the weight the camera frame doesn’t need to move to capture the whole shot. The weight barely moves. Pretty damn awesome.

• June 11, 2010 at 9:58 am

120 Total 80 FS 40 PP Rx
    90 push-ups tabata
    Eric, your MU was just fine! way to go.

• June 11, 2010 at 10:12 am

Eric. Thanks for helping me with my math, you’re real nice to me. Good job on that muscle up and that wicked little sprint you did at the end.

66 FS + 36 PP = 105 I think this is the first WOD I’ve ever done RX!!! 😀

I didn’t see you doing the push ups Amy, nice work!

• June 11, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I read that as Faith doubts Amy did the push ups.

• June 11, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Good comments thanks.

The belt aside, i am thinking about how Andy munged his shoulders.

• June 11, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Ronin, I avoided my gut and steered away from simply calling the guy a pussy. 😉

• June 11, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Main site WOD – 18:38 – subbed HSPU for pullups (no pullup bar at home). All HSPU unbroken – yahoo!

• June 11, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Wow Brent I didn’t realize you did so many reps. Nice work!

Good job on doing RX Faith and nice 105 haha.

• June 11, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Wow, Amy….80 seems untouchable!
    50 FS
    70 PP
    250/1000/500m on rower (knee is swollen from running)

• June 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Last place on the runs.

A real burner.

• June 11, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Way to go Amie on the unbroken HSPU!
    my results on the CF7 wod not as impressive but there they are:

43 FS
    50 PP
    running as a group start…

• June 11, 2010 at 5:29 pm

total 184 good wod. Running sucks!

• June 11, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I am woman Angie… hear me Roar! haha
    and Yes Faith I did the push ups!
    would never lie abt that. ever never!!!

• June 12, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Haha Amy I was not doubting you did AT all 🙂 don’t be such a jerk Andy!

And thanks Eric 🙂