Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3

followed by kettlebell (KB) fun.
Three rounds for time of:
3 KB Snatch, right arm, 1.5 pood/1 pood
3 Turkish Getup, right arm, 1.5 pood/1 pood
3 KB Snatch, left arm, 1.5 pood/1 pood
3 Turkish Getup, left arm, 1.5 pood/1 pood

What is a Turkish Get Up? Watch this:

Post front squat loads and KB time to comments.

The Costco Diet

Paleolithic diet is so easy, cavemen actually did it.

Friday WOD, 6/4/10

21 thoughts on “Friday WOD, 6/4/10

• June 3, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Effort:
    Will the kids be there Saturday?

• June 4, 2010 at 6:16 am

Front Squat – 155, 185, 205, 215, 205

Metcon – 7:47 Rx (I think. Brent needs to confirm since he finished 3 seconds ahead of me.

• June 4, 2010 at 6:54 am

I’m so pissed that I missed the rooster class. My dumb ass thought it would be smart to take a 30 minute nap before I left. I slept right through my alarm. Looks like I’ll be showing up to one of the afternoon classes.

• June 4, 2010 at 7:24 am

Eric, we’ll save a spot for you on the couch.

• June 4, 2010 at 8:46 am

Eric, that is unacceptable. Don’t ever do that again, it’s weird without you.

Small rooster class.. what were there like 6 of us??

Newly, thank you for pushing me… I’ll try to forget you laughing at me when I failed that last squat..

And you’re a good instructor wiskey, thanks

• June 4, 2010 at 8:48 am

smallest rooster class in months.

Front squat – 135, 155, 175, 185, 200. I have no idea what my time was on the metcon.

see ya’ll next Friday. headed to destin where i hopefully will not run across any gulf crude

• June 4, 2010 at 8:55 am

Going to do this mid morning at home….can someone remind me what is “pood”? i.e., 1 pood

Faith, not that I can do it, but what kind of weight did you do on front squats?? Did you start from floor or rack? thanks!

• June 4, 2010 at 9:02 am

Very light crowd this AM.

Front Squat – 135, 155, 185, 205, 215

Metcon – A very akward 7:40 (44 lbs).

Whisky was 7:43 or so (53 lbs).

• June 4, 2010 at 9:38 am

Can’t wait to be back on Monday. In Destin and have been wking out everyday! Sank… it’s sooo humid here, zaps my energy. I have been biking to Seaside (10 miles) then doing the 8:30 outside bootcamp then biking back. Great workout. You and Michelle have fun!

• June 4, 2010 at 9:42 am

Faith, I’m pretty much good at everything. Especially being modest. It’s why everyone likes me so much.

Lori – 1 pood is 16 kg or 35 lbs.

• June 4, 2010 at 10:15 am

Missed you Lori! I did something like 95, 95, 105, 105 ,105 from the rack. And the funny thing is, as I was taking it down, i noticed I forgot to take a 5# little plate off the right side, so I was actually doing 110 those last few reps and more weight on right side.. haha. 😛

• June 4, 2010 at 10:53 am

Ooops, Whiskey, I just did w/20 lbs dumbell. Thx for letting me know though.
    Faith, knew I prob couldn’t do that, but did do 55, 85, 85, 90, 90; I racked, but it was from a rung mid way on the swingset ladder, worked a little better on the crossbar of the swingset A-frame – haha – glad no one was watching over the fence??*#**!!
    Have a good weekend.

• June 4, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I’m sure a neighbor was videotaping you the whole time Lori. You’ll be a youtube sensation!

Faith, I’ll make sure to never sleep again.

• June 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Eric, I did see the “meter man” coming over the back fence a little while ago….too bad he wasn’t a few minutes earlier.

• June 4, 2010 at 4:49 pm

4:44 with 1.5 pood.

Still laying low on squats. 135×5 for 5.

• June 4, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Maxed out at 205 on FS and finished the WOD in 9:51 I think at 1 pood. Almost did the splits a couple of times because my legs were so wet. I have to agree with Scott about not showing up to the afternoon classes. Thought I was going to melt.

• June 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm

thanks for the video Ronin!! too fun

• June 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Ryan is a Double Jumpin God! Oh my!
    Thanks for the video, Ronin. It was good for me to see how UNathletic I really look. Yikes. It looks like I am putting the emphasis on the LANDING and not the JUMP. Terrible…

• June 6, 2010 at 5:55 am

Regarding the video: Does anybody else think Angie looks like the Easter Bunny on meth?