MONDAY WOD
Skill Work (this will take some time)
Muscle Snatch 1-1-1-1-1
Hang Snatch-OHS 1-1-1-1-1
Snatch 1-1-1-1-1

then….three rounds for time:
300m Row
Max Pushups

Post loads and metcon time to comments.

Snatches are hard. Cleans can be tricky too, and overhead squat, oh how I love thee…..what is your favorite lift?? I love to lift anything that’s heavy. I like the challenge of lifting, and when you lift with correct form, it’s amazing how quickly you can move a vast amount of weight through space very quickly. I also like that each lift you master makes you better at the other lifts: the setup for the deadlift is the same for the clean (as well as the snatch, with wider hands); develop good speed in a clean, and it will make your snatch better; overhead squat a lot of weight, and you’ll become stronger at snatch.

Lifting requires technique and range of motion BEFORE developing strength and speed. It also requires consistent practice, much patience, and an ego check now and again, just to keep you in line :). Most of all though, technique is paramount in not only being efficient in moving weight, but also maintaining your long term health and preventing injuries.

July is going to be dedicated to lifting technique. Prior to each WOD, we will spend time on technique for lifts. If you are new to lifting, come and solidify your technique. If you’ve been lifting for a while, and you have questions or want coaching on a certain lift, come and get it. We will start tomorrow, focusing on the “first pull”, deadlift to mid-thigh. (Regular scheduled WODs will come after technique.)

By the end of the month, you will be ready for this, Angie’s WOD for today!

July WODs…..

22 thoughts on “July WODs…..

• June 29, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I’ll let you in on a secret. Angie really DOES have the best snatch in town.

• June 29, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Amie,

Good plan!

Andy, that’s sweet.

Wait.

Which town?

• June 29, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I was sweating watching that, but I guess it turned out ok. Always room for improvement, but it wasnt terrible! WooHoo!

• June 30, 2010 at 6:39 am

I thought the lifting was fun but when they said there was the short met con at the end I knew the fun was over – ending a lifting session with pull ups and push ups is never fun

Sank there is talk that you will have to summit your Rooster shirt because you are becoming a 4:30 guy – where were you

• June 30, 2010 at 6:40 am

Guess I’ll post this here.

Focused more on technique today. Instead of trying to injury myself using improper form. I’m jealous of Faith’s snatch.
    If I were to keep doing snatches would my form correct itself?

Lori where were you today? You lied to us! I was looking forward to stories about Bear Mountain.

• June 30, 2010 at 8:13 am

Eric-Snatches will never correct themselves….I’m sure you are doing great! Link up with one of the coaches to fix any issue regarding the lift, then get to work! Read here more on snatch, etc. (Scroll down a bit – photos will help too…).

• June 30, 2010 at 8:23 am

ANGIE!!! That was so AWESOME!!!!! You are so amazing!!! 130 lb????? DANG. You look so strong and pretty!! 😀

ms 55 i think, can’t remember
    snatch pp/ohs 75
    sb 75
    snatch 65
    3 mile run pushing baby Caleb.. marathon training + CF is going to be tricky tricky tricky.

Aww, thanks Eric! It was all because of Ryan, he fixed my form and then it felt easy.. but I guess 65 lb IS easy 😛

I hope I didn’t get foot fungus doing all that barefoot, gross..

• June 30, 2010 at 8:39 am

85# – 115# – cant remember the numbers. This exercise is a mental challenge in that i don’t want to get hurt.

Ryan/Amie or anyone – what will the Monday schedule be?

• June 30, 2010 at 9:14 am

For anyone wondering what the workout is…

1-1-1-1-1
    Muscle Snatch
    OHS (power clean 1st)
    Snatch Balance
    Snatch

MS – 100, 105, 110, 115, 120
    OHS – 120, 125, 130, 135, 145
    SB – 95, 105, 110, 115f, 115f (failures due to not dropping low enough)
    Snatch – 95, 115, 125, 135, 145

• June 30, 2010 at 10:46 am

Thank you Amie. My main problem is flexibility. Maybe I’ll give yoga a try.

• June 30, 2010 at 11:06 am

in case you didn’t see it on yesterdays blog John, you’re a DU snob..

• June 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Eric-Flexibility where exactly? Do you have lifting shoes? If not, GET SOME. They will help correct issues related to ankle flexibility. If it’s in your hamstrings (causing issues with a squat) or in your shoulders (causing issues overhead), those are easy fixes! I can show you some stuff for that – let me know!

A few people have asked about putting a photo next to their comment – http://crossfitseven.com/2010/03/add-your-photo-next-to-your-comment/

• June 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I don’t know if you heard me counting but I just did 62.

I didn’t do the metcon. I finished the snatches around 7:20.

• June 30, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Eric, You’re so nice to notice I wasn’t in my corner….I’m still on mountain time…an hour behind….decided to “snatch” some more Zzzzzzs. I will still share my bear stories!! I’ve been practicing the DU hop?*#**!!they talked about in the video yesterday. Made me feel better they know about all the no-nos I’m doing in DUs. Glad to know I had the bending at the elbows down pat along with the donkey kick – WOW.

Faith, you’re hysterical, you’ve moved from hand fungus to foot fungus!! haha I have to worry about rubber band fungus, cuz I’m still using one 2 years later. Maybe when I get DUs down, I’ll work on my pull ups again?#**!! Ha Eric referred to the power in your thighs….I think you’re power from head to toe. I’m jealous.

• June 30, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Eric, FYI – you mentioned yoga…..my friend Jacque does an awesome Pilates Equipment class(es). I’ll give you the poop if you want it….really does help w/flexibility and you don’t get as sore from the WODs. You can do it once or twice a week. (I don’t lift as much as I could just so you won’t feel bad) haha, yeah right, jk

• June 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Amie, I have lifting shoes, spiffy blue ones in fact.

I had no idea that hamstrings could lack flexibility, so that could very well be the problem. On overhead squats I start out fine, but as I descend my knees move forward. This causes my chest and the bar to move forward as well. If the weight is light enough I can just muscle through the stability issue, but as soon as the weight gets to a certain point I have to bail.

Lori. lets just hope Faith doesn’t start smelling her feet post workout. 🙂

• June 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Gah snuck in that post Lori. I’ll talk to you WHEN you show up Friday about yoga. Hopefully poop is a yoga term. If it isn’t then maybe I wont talk to you about yoga.

Lift as much as you want. I have too much confidence, so feel free to humble/embarrass me.

• June 30, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Eric-Glad to hear you have lifting shoes – they make all of the difference in the world, don’t they? (Bo, I hope you read that, and no, I didn’t talk to Manton today :)….Overhead squats are my MOST favorite! Your knees are an easy fix! I am planning on coming to 6 am on Friday to take some pictures (Friday WOD is going to be fun!) and can show you some tricks if you want (Ryan or Whiskey can fix you up too!).

• June 30, 2010 at 9:45 pm

As many squat cleans as possible in 10 min at 205#. 19 reps

• July 1, 2010 at 10:35 am

could you guys stop talking about my feet and hands and thighs.. it’s embarrassing, jeez