“Power Tabata”
You can choose any order of the four exercises below. Tabata protocol is to work for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds – that is one round. You must complete eight rounds of an exercise before going on to the next. Count total reps per exercise.

Row for calories, damper set on 10.
Box jumps, 36″ – 40″ (no step-ups allowed)
Weighted pullups, 25 lbs.
Handstand holds for 20 seconds (each hold counts as 1 rep). (Sub for handstand holds is pushups.)

Post reps to comments.

My friend Tracy Fober, the Iron Maven, produces some of the best videos and photos on Olympic Weightlifting (she also is a physical therapist who is amazing at “fixing” people at the Olympic lifting certs!). Here are a sampling of Tracy’s videos on youtube. (Tracy also has a blog – read it here.)

This video is outstanding! Side by side comparisons show subtle positions in your body will cause you either stick a lift or miss it:

For all the girls that like to lift heavy:

Monday WOD, 6/14/10

12 thoughts on “Monday WOD, 6/14/10

• June 14, 2010 at 6:20 am

120 reps, about 34′ box and regular pullups. It was fun joining the Roosters this morning! Andrew won’t remember working out later since he was sleep walking.

• June 14, 2010 at 6:29 am

113 reps with 25# PUs / 2 – 45# plate box jumps. If I did it again I’d use a belt or a vest on the PUs. A Rooster class attendance record this morning for sure. Good to see Andrew. Oh and if you’re interested, Killer will be holding a seminar on handstand holds at 5:45 on Wednesday morning. Have a good Monday.

• June 14, 2010 at 7:23 am

Hey Amie

That second vid is very cool. Tried watching the competition link you put up, but all the gals were lifting 75KG so what was the point? Got bored and went out and watched water evaporate out of my pool, way more interesting.

In case any body missed it, here is the CJ seminar from this weekend. Close your eyes when paukune comes on of you’re afraid of fish.

• June 14, 2010 at 7:50 am

our celebrity instructor brought out the masses…huge class.

118 – handstands ok, row – did well, pull ups – no weight and out of gas, box jumps – pretty well but not at Rx

killer – i hope you have a good drywall guy

• June 14, 2010 at 9:35 am

There was some confusion today on the WOD – Killer it was tabata “hand stands” not “wall crashers”

Ronin – that is an unauthorized video and my attorney will be calling you

94 total rxd – the box jump was unsettling –

• June 14, 2010 at 10:26 am

157 – My knees hurt – maybe from the jump down on the pullups – probably not as much pain as Killer’s head

Newly – bring your truck to my house and I can load up the drywall.

• June 14, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I see how Killer got his name!!

144 – no weight on PUs, my arms were shot after handstands, and thx Lauren for good instructions on that!

• June 14, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Don’t yall dare fix the hole. Once Killer gets ripped he should put another hole in the wall right next to the first, so we can see the progress he has made. Screw before and after shots.

111 total reps +/- 5. PULL UPS SUCKED!!!!!

• June 14, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I think I was at 92-94..plus one wall..I guess I didn’t know my own strength!..am I officially part of CF7 now?

Hopefully won’t take down anymore walls again. Newly and Ryan, let me know how I can help fix.

• June 15, 2010 at 7:04 am

141 as rx’d

Your comment was a bit too short. Please go back and try again.

• June 15, 2010 at 8:46 am

Wow! Sounds like I missed an eventful class.. walls getting busted, masses of people and sleep walkers..

I skipped CF for Newley’s golf tournament.. that was a big sacrifice. It was really fun and ya’ll should all do it next year!