“Daniel”

400 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
800 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
400 meter run
50 Pull-ups

First posted on CrossFit.com June 15, 2006: With heavy hearts we dedicate this workout to Army Sgt 1st Class Daniel Crabtree who was killed in Al Kut, Iraq on Thursday June 8th. To Daniel’s family and friends, we express our sorrow; to his wife Kathy and daughter Mallory, we tearfully acknowledge your loss as the true cost of freedom. Fair Winds, Daniel.

Monday WOD, 6/21/10

14 thoughts on “Monday WOD, 6/21/10

• June 21, 2010 at 6:56 am

26:59 Rx

No disrespect to Daniel Crabtree, but F this workout. I thought you were joking around when you said your arms felt weird Faith. After the first set of thrusters I could barely feel mine. There were points during the run, hopefully no one saw, that I let my arms just dangle. I tried to swing them uncontrollably at one point, but that made me look like even more of a doofus. This will also be the last time I eat hot dogs before a workout. At the midway point of the 800m run that was all I could taste. I wanted to gag.

Faith, where did you go? Trying to back out of the challenge?

Good to have Troy back and fantastic job today Brent.

• June 21, 2010 at 7:12 am

21:27 Rx (w red band) so I guess it Really doesn’t count.
    thrusters were aweful.
    Way to go Brent.. 16 and some change… !!

• June 21, 2010 at 7:40 am

Good work ths AM everyone.

• June 21, 2010 at 8:24 am

Thanks Amy and Eric!

Amy-I think the band is slowing you down. You don’t need it.

Rough one for a Monday.

• June 21, 2010 at 9:40 am

21:51 red band, then I stole Debbie’s blue band, sorry Debbie. Those pull ups get me good.. every time.

Amy nice work! Great time! And you rock the pull ups!!

I didn’t back down Eric, I have to leave at 6:45.. maybe I should come early and we can do it before class.. we need judges… and more competitors if they wanna join in the fun.. and a good music mix..

• June 21, 2010 at 9:41 am

26:17 rx – wow that was tough!!!!!

• June 21, 2010 at 10:07 am

I think I was 27:05 with blue band and 75 lb thrusters. This was definitely a tough one for me even with those. I am still worn out…Looking forward to wednesday. Not the workout, but actually eating today.

Good Job everyone! Great turnout this morning, for a very touch WOD.

• June 21, 2010 at 10:08 am

Okay I meant very tough WOD, typed too fast!..This blog needs spell check.

• June 21, 2010 at 10:30 am

Was joking about the backing down part Faith :). If you come early we should do max reps solo that way the other can count.

Killer the c and g keys aren’t that close. You are no longer chubby so you can’t use the fat finger excuse. I don’t know what a touch workout is, but you meant it.

• June 21, 2010 at 10:35 am

Thanks Faith and Brent.
    What’s the challenge you all have going?
    Sounds serious.

• June 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

21:44 Rx. I posted earlier and forgot to hit enter. Oh well. Must have been today’s WOD. Damn that was tough. Good work by all Roosters. Dike, you’re a beast. Nice work by Killer on that crazy diet. Not sure how you Xfit on H20, lemon juice, cayenne and maple syrup….i see why you fell thru the wall the other day…..

• June 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm

The challenge is max reps back extensions Amy. If more people get in on this we need to up the bet. Maybe have the bottom 50-75% dress up in 80s workout clothes for a day or something. We would have to take pictures of course.

If anyone has a good idea for a bet lets hear it.

• June 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Wow.. Idk if it was the WOD or my ten mile run Sat., my body is so achy!! I took some advil!

Max reps solo is a bad idea E rock, whoever goes last will win! It should be head to head..

• June 21, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Not to call out your logic here Faith(you sure you took Advil?), but if the person going last wins. Then adding more people to the challenge will cause the same effect. Since there are only 2 machines.

Max reps should be the same no matter what your start position.