As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
1 Power Clean (185 lb./135 lb.)
2 Muscle Ups
3 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)

Subs for muscle ups is chest to bar pullups (or dead hang pullups).
Post rounds to comments.

Andy and I were talking about Food Network’s show “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”, and he asked me, “What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten?” Andy said it took him a couple of days to figure out what was the best thing he had ever eaten….it’s been a week since we had this conversation, and I am still undecided as to what the best food I’ve eaten is….Post to comments what the best thing you’ve eaten is, and yes, it needs to be some place local so we can all go sample.

Monday WOD, 6/7/10

19 thoughts on “Monday WOD, 6/7/10

• June 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm

This one looks awesome, wish I could partake. Gotta lift more weights though.

• June 7, 2010 at 5:42 am

Food: sliced red onion in lime juice with salt and pepper. Ronin’s house. You can stop by around 3:00 a.m. during the week. Large, raucous groups of drunks are fine.

• June 7, 2010 at 6:11 am

13 rounds @ 155 lbs / sub – chest to bar / 1.5 pood (I felt like pood at the end)

A lot of “topless” Roosters this morning

Killer glad your back –

• June 7, 2010 at 6:17 am

13 rounds Rx

kettlebell was too light.

• June 7, 2010 at 6:20 am

16 rounds – 145# and subbed MU

I might buy a Chippendale’s costume since Newly likes to call anyone who takes off their shirt one. Maybe even charge a fee or at least get my workout comped.

I would have to think for a long time before I could give a definitive answer as to what my favorite food is, so I’ll just say I enjoy Carrabba’s lasagna A LOT.

Good to have the rooster crew back to full force minus Scott.

• June 7, 2010 at 7:54 am

16 rounds – 155#, couple sets of CTBars, then pullups, then jumping pullups and then whatever KB was available. Nice and heavy today.

fat, drunk and stupid for the last 5 days is no way to go thru life.

Whiskey – nice work!

• June 7, 2010 at 8:14 am

16 Rounds – 185 LB (struggggling) – CtB PU – Topless – I need to learn to do Muscle ups better

Amy asked me the question Saturday – still pondering – fish tacos at a stand on the side of the highway in Mexico (Yucatan) are high up there – along with Terry Chandler’s pork schnitzel with chipotle cream gravy

• June 7, 2010 at 8:17 am

Thanks, David.

Nice work on your cleans, Faith. 105 # is great.

My hands are wrecked and were before today. I’m not sure why. Tape saves my wrists for the mu but my palms are getting worked during the dips. I should’ve taped my whole thumb. Both of them are rubbed raw on the outside.

This was a pretty good WOD and played well to my strengths. No running and all low rep/heavy. I need more stamina in the muscle ups. I think I did 5 rounds stringing them together before I had a miss and went to singles.

• June 7, 2010 at 9:49 am

Cheese Pizza w/ Beer

• June 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm

How is a pullup a sub for a muscle up?

• June 7, 2010 at 1:38 pm

All my close cronies already know this, but I love it!
    Lili’s Ostrich Egg. They almost never serve it anymore, so I am going to try and recreate…
    a Whole Avocado, stuffed with all sorts of bits of heaven… crab meat, spinach, etc, and then lightly breaded and deep fried. Crunchy, warm, with creamy avocado and the sweet crab or whatever the hell was in there….. oh, so good.

• June 7, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Thanks Whisky, that means a lot coming from you!

I don’t know how the 4:30 class does it.. We drip sweat at 6.. Can’t imagine what it’s like in the afternoon.. Yuck.

Newly, great class.. As always, thanks for the push and encouragement.. “quick like a snake!” 😉

David, your life sounds fun.. All the time

• June 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm

No joke on the dripping sweat thing. During tabata push ups if someone would have been on either side of me. They would have gotten splashed.

• June 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm

17+4.

Steak+red wine.

• June 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm

23 2/3 rounds rx.

That workout was made for me.

• June 7, 2010 at 5:31 pm

14 @ 135, 1.5 pood, PU’s no band.

Andy had 23 and change Rx.

Hand made pasta with a bit of garlic and cheese in Argentina.

Bò Lúc Lắc (Shaking Beef) at my house.

• June 7, 2010 at 7:44 pm

3 rounds of this to warmup. Then snatched 165 and did weighted pullups 5×5 with 70lbs. Then for desert I did 75 burpees.

• June 7, 2010 at 7:46 pm

16 2/3 rounds -I usually do not deviate from the mainsite, but this one looked like fun, ,and I watched Angie and Kristin do the main site WOD – it did not look like fun. I made a good choice! 🙂

GREAT work today by the 4:30 and 6 pm classes. It was stinking hot today, and some big numbers were put up this afternoon!

I was flipping through the channels tonight, and Best Thing I Ever Ate was on – it was all about the best thing you’ve ever eaten with bacon – YUM! Bacon is meat candy….

After talking with Brent, I decided the best thing I ever ate was in Italy – the food in southern Italy is AMAZING – it’s completely different than what you’d expect – really light pasta, super fresh tomatoes and sauce. I spent a month in Italy and do not recall having a bad meal there… Locally, Curley’s has a custard that they make right after the Parker County Peach Festival – it has fresh peaches in it, and is SO yummy. My mom’s kitchen will always be my all time favorite 🙂

• June 7, 2010 at 8:32 pm

13 rounds – 115 clean, used very skinny rope (not sure the color) for first 6, then red for last 7.

Like David Said, Fat and Stupid (no drunk for me) is no way to go through life. At least he had drunk!!

Great to be back after a week off. And more imporantly I didn’t forgot how to grunt