“Double Under Helen”
Three rounds for time of:
100 Double Unders (300 singles)
21 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)
12 Pullups

It’s no secret I love Olympic Lifting, and one of the best CrossFit certs you can attend is the Olympic Lifting Cert. You will learn more in two days that you can put into immediate practice than you ever thought possible, as well as develop a love for burpees! Coach Burgener is also one of my all time favorite people – he’s incredibly motivating and knowledeable about weightlifting. If you have every thought, “I wish I was better at lifting”, this cert is for you!! There is a cert scheduled at CrossFit Deep Ellum in September. Register as soon as you can because it will sell out.

Coach Burgener shows clips from the 2008 Olympics at the end of every Olympic Lifting Cert. This clip is one of my favorites to watch – here is a shorter version of it, from the men’s weightlifting 105kg weight class. The first lifter you see (in the blue and red) is Evgeny Chigisher from Russia. His final clean and jerk was 257kg (565 lbs.) and put him 18 kg ahead of all of the other competitors. The last lift you see is Matthias Steiner from Austria. Steiner’s best lift prior to the Olympics had been 240kg (528 lbs)….his last lift in the video, he clean and jerked 258kg (567 lbs.)…he PRd at the Olympics, the world’s biggest stage.

Tuesday WOD, 6/22/10

15 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, 6/22/10

• June 22, 2010 at 6:09 am

as rx’d: 7:39

fun wod.

• June 22, 2010 at 7:16 am

I see the Double Under mafia keeps raising the bar on the scale to singles. Was 2 to 1, then 3 to 1, now 4.5 to one.

I really don’t care because I have just taken delivery of the new Bruce Lee POWERED jump rope with auto sinc to my Inov-8 Elite’s

• June 22, 2010 at 7:56 am

Typo on my part – it’s 300 singles. (I was multiplying 150 DUs x 3 – sorry!!)

• June 22, 2010 at 8:07 am

Oh sure.

I think this was just a kiss up to DU God Kristen for getting the use of the pool for the social.

• June 22, 2010 at 8:22 am

Last week I went to Atlanta Crossfit when I was there for business. The lifting coach that night was Chandler Alford. I had no idea who that was at the time, but I googled him and found this. Maybe I should have listened closer.

• June 22, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Typo! Typo! Are you kidding! Holy Shit! that was a morning well spent. Hardly had the energy for the Paleo Croquet game that followed at our house.

Great workout with Angie. It was AWESOME.

• June 22, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Mackey, can I get your email? I have a few questions I’d like to ask you.

• June 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Strange propositions on the blog today. Careful Eric. He’s a gay.

• June 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Yeah Amie, you need to apologize to Andrea (and Troy, and Karli, and Joe)! I took it upon myself to reduce the number for rounds 2 and 3 after seeing what 450 skips can do to a human!!!

• June 22, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Deadlift – 45X5, 135X5, 225X5, 245X5, 275X5, 315X5

15:24 pretty brutal on the forearms. Set a pre-WOD PR of 51 straight double unders.

• June 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

eric, i’ll save you some time and answer your questions:
    1. contrary to popular belief, i am not a natural sheetrocker or landscaper, although i can make some furniture.
    2. i have trouble counting
    3. i never, ever work out with a witness
    4. i don’t have any pants on right now.

• June 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm

darn it, I missed a good one today, one I could actually do!
    oh well…tomorrow will suck the life out of me 🙂
    can’t wait!

• June 22, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Bench Press 5-4-3-2-1
    185lbs-205lbs-215lbs-215lbs-225lbs
    Weighted dips 5×5 with 75lbs

then

100 Wallballs, every time you stop more then 3 seconds you sprint 200m. I stopped at 50 and 80, finished in 6:40

• June 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm

1) Nothing funny to add to that… Way to break the mold.
    2) Looks like you can count to 4 no problem.
    3) Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled.
    4) I don’t either (no homo)

Still kind of need to ask you a few questions though.