“Running Cindy”
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats
100m Run (out back door to the stop sign and back)

Post rounds to comments.

Meet Scott Sankary, aka “Sank”

Favorite WOD: Cindy, 19 rounds PR

Least Favorite WOD: anything with a lot of C&J….I’ve got a lot of work to do on my Olympic lifiting, and I really need to work on this element.

How are you so efficient at burpees? I’m very low to the ground and not afraid of the concrete. (Ryan said burpees are how Sank ties his shoes, haha)

Why did you start CF? I needed to step-it up. Fat and over 40 wasn’t everything I thought it would be. I went to a bootcamp type class, and the instructor was a CrossFitter – started from there.

What is your fitness background? I worked out with a personal trainer for about 10 years prior to CrossFit and still work out with him once a week. I was a decent high school athlete. Nothing really stands out otherwise because I’ve never become addicted to any form of exercise….until I found the CrossFit cult that is.

Do you wear the “Five Finger” outside of CF? Only with a coat and tie.

You brought your son the other day – is he going to start CF? I have two boys, and I absolutely would like for both of them to become CrossFitters. I taught my 14 year old how to kip in about 5 minutes a few months ago (it took me 9 months). He did 29 the other day in one of his first high school football workouts and impressed the upper classman, so it’s already paying off for him, and he’s never been to a workout. Another little known fact….my wife Michelle comes to the Tues/Thur 9am class.

You go to both the 6 am classes and the 4:30 classes. What are the differences between the two? The two classes have a totally different feel. The rooster group is a great mix of young (i.e. Eric) and old (i.e. Paukune). It’s a great group, but we’re not long time CrossFitters (except for Dike)….We’re slowly working on improving our “not as rx’ed” reputation. 4:30 is the real deal with Ronin and the boys. They’re not only more physically fit but also more intellectually fit…except when Whiskey shows up.

You came the other day during 4:30 and complained about the heat….what’s up with that? I will not be coming to 4:30 this summer if I can help it. The older I get, the more I hate the heat. I can’t wait until the day when I’m regularly attending CrossFit classes in Colorado between June and September!

What are your CrossFit goals for the next three months? Good question. I’ve got to step it up in several areas….Olympic lifting, namely C&J, needs a lot of work. I need to learn muscle ups. I need to work on DU’s and need to get my pull-ups back up to speed.

Do you have a favorite CrossFit video? The first CrossFit games video with Dutch is greatness (“Every Second Counts”). I knew I was hooked when I actually sat and watched the whole thing one night.

If you could give advice to a person who is just starting out CrossFit, what would it be? Commit to 3 days a week for 90 days…If you get through it, you’ll be amazed at the progress you make. The other piece of advice….don’t let Paukune get between your ears.

Wednesday WOD, 6/2/10

13 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, 6/2/10

• June 1, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Very nice and who knew?

• June 2, 2010 at 6:32 am

13 1/3rounds

For a while there I thought I would beat Brent. I probably should have taken my shirt off to cut down on wind resistance… One of these days I’ll come in first.

• June 2, 2010 at 7:51 am

14 Rounds

Good work Eric. Shave all your body hair and lighter shoes.

I think my bald head provides some aerodynamics.

• June 2, 2010 at 8:29 am

10 rounds RX – no rubber band for any pull up. was really a slacker due to a big, late night meal.

Sank – nice interview…can’t wait for the autobiography.

• June 2, 2010 at 8:32 am

11* rounds needed a few seconds over to complete the last round – left the shirt on maybe could have gotten another round in if I had

Sank is your real secret to your Cindy rounds is wearing a goofy cap indorrs?

Lori you were missed – we didn’t do sit ups in your honor

have a good day Roosters!!

• June 2, 2010 at 8:45 am

Sorry I have missed you guys this week. I have been on vacation and now won’t be there Friday because of a golf tournament, but I will be back in form and ready to tear it up on Monday.

Looks like I have missed some good workouts as well as a nice one on one with Sank. Impressive interview!

• June 2, 2010 at 12:42 pm

13 rounds….newley, dike lapped me once not twice.

yes paukune the goofy hat is the secret. walters, you’ll get the first copy of my autobiography don’t worry.

• June 2, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Shaving my body hair would speed up my times and could possibly land me a gig being Mr. Clean. That sounds like a win/win.

• June 2, 2010 at 1:34 pm

10 rounds.. First time with red band pull ups, it was hard and so were the push ups.. Laaame 🙂 my arms still feel like mush..

nice work David!

And alcohol the night before CF is still a bad idea..

• June 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm

David you set the standard now. Don’t go back to the band. You’ll have withdrawals, but you have to power through.

• June 2, 2010 at 6:36 pm

amrap 20:
    5 pullups,
    10 pushups,
    15 airsquats,
    100m run with sandbag 70#

11 rounds

• June 2, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Only 9 rounds (went WAY to fast on the first one)

But

RX with no stupid band.

• June 2, 2010 at 10:03 pm

9 rounds from home, 11:00 a.m….temp a lot hotter than the usual 6 a.m. rooster time. Sub’d rings for pull ups. (Paukune, I didn’t do sit-ups in my honor either!!)