Weighted Pullups 3-3-3-3-3
5x200m Runs, two minutes rest between each run

Post weight on pullups and 200m split times to comments.

Friday WOD, July 23, 2010

20 thoughts on “Friday WOD, July 23, 2010

• July 22, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Where is the advanced workout?

• July 23, 2010 at 5:59 am

around 20 miles on the road bike. I didn’t reset the computer.

• July 23, 2010 at 6:45 am

Back squat @ 225 5×5
    Pull ups – 20,25,35,40 forgot to do 5th set
    200m runs – 11:21

So close to beating Brent! Whoever said “don’t lay down it’ll make it worse” was right. All that excess dirt on my back (I hope it was dirt) slowed me down…. Seriously though I think Brent let me lead a few rounds just to mess with me. Oh well, at least I beat the girls. 🙂

• July 23, 2010 at 8:22 am

Ahh Ronin I found your punch joke! Very clever how you can make a short joke directed at Andrew but intended for me. Andrew, help me out with some giant jokes….we have a couple of them roaming around the gym.

• July 23, 2010 at 9:03 am

More girl roosters this morning than guys, is that a first?? Small class..

I’m glad we got to work on pull ups.. I’m not good at them but I like the way they make my arms feel.

First set, skinny purple band, then the following four, very sloppy kipping pull ups. Good encouraging and coaching from Newly, thanks.

200m run, 7:28, Eric you’re supposed to take off the four minutes from combined resting time..

Amy, why did you let me win, you’re so much fast than me!!! 🙂

• July 23, 2010 at 9:08 am

Oh wait, it’s eight minutes isn’t it.. And you took them off didn’t you. 🙂 Ha! I’m so awesome at math.. so that means my time was 11:28 😀

• July 23, 2010 at 10:06 am

WOW Faith, just….. WOW.

• July 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Faith… I’m old!!!! haha plus your time was 3:28,
    Mine was 3:34.. I’m good on first several then I get too tired!

thanks Newly on helping w kipping.. need to practice a lot more though.

I’ll be thinking of you Faith in the early am on your run

• July 23, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Feeling a bit short on brainpower today (that was for you Lauren) but does this WOD total 15 or 75 PU’s?

• July 23, 2010 at 3:01 pm

What are you using to edit the video? iMovie isn’t that great. That or I’m not great at using it.

• July 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm

People watching this notice over half the time me NOT finishing my third pull therefore not getting max power and as a result landing on my toes. I also started the first few cleans in the wrong position until Dutch in the background corrected me to straighten my back and use my legs not my back on the first pull. There are a couple of good ones in there, but when you do 63 cleans in a wod, form tends to breakdown. Its a light weight 155lbs, so I could get away with it, but not a great show of technique. Cool video though Ronin.

• July 23, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I saw that. I also noticed Kristin bending her arms from the start.

• July 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Ronin, that’s really cool except it’s Andrew and not Andy. I’d love to see my clean in slow mo. And Angie’s.

• July 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Sorry Max, I’m always getting you two mixed up. I’ll have that camera with me tomorrow. Best out side because of the indoor light flicker. You and Angie would be a great CJ contrast vid. Also Kristen Vs. Angie on DU’s. We’ll find something you can do well to vid, perhaps power sit lays?

• July 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I have lots to work on my clean form…thanks Ronin for the video slow mo….I think it will help!

• July 23, 2010 at 7:38 pm

cool slo-mo vid. think of the endless uses for slo-mo vid!!
    did the crossfit games’ wod #2:

double helen pyramid… or something like that.

• July 24, 2010 at 6:52 am

Crossfit Central London WOD
    3×5 back squat. 80kg, 90kg, 100kg

Then

2 rounds for time with 4 man team of
    70 2-man thrusters at 75kg
    50 chest to bar pull ups
    100 meter fireman’s carry

Yeah, it was hard and you should have seen all the people in the tube giving me funny looks with the five fingers on.

Thanks to Bri (instructor) Carlos and Dallas for the teamwork. Fun group and great crossfit affiliate.

• July 24, 2010 at 7:12 am

You know, Bo, they’re probably not going to see this.