As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
5 Burpees
10 Pistols, alternating legs
10 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)

Advanced WOD is one legged pistol to one legged box jump pistol.

Post rounds to comments.

Last week, Brent did some wicked weighted pullups! Thank you Faith for sending in the pictures! Good work Brent!

Friday WOD, July 30, 2010

14 thoughts on “Friday WOD, July 30, 2010

• July 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Is there a sub for pistols? I can’t get any where near a full squat on them.

• July 29, 2010 at 7:54 pm

What are pistols? And kb are going to hurt these hands bad right?

• July 29, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I have answers for the both of you but you will have to wait until tomorrow to get them.

• July 29, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Do you also have my key? OH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

• July 29, 2010 at 8:25 pm

So scaling on this one…
    pistols, unless you’re Ryan, are really hard! I have done them standing on a box or wt plate and then go as deep as you can on one leg at a time. You can use a counter balance weight such as a medicine ball or hold onto your toes on the outstretched foot to help if balance is your issue. Another option is to hold onto the wall or pole to give yourself some support as you go to full depth and then use your arms to help raise yourself from the deep squat. I’d recommend concentrating on your supporting knee…make sure you don’t let it flop about and get injured.

Other than that, I’m hoping to fall into a rhythm and get a ton of rounds!

• July 29, 2010 at 9:19 pm

ryan, didn’t you want to buy a pistol from me?

• July 30, 2010 at 7:00 am

BS – 225×2, 235 all x3
    WOD – 7 rounds

Had to do pistols on top of a box. It is crazy how a slight incline makes such a huge difference. KB swings were definitely the hardest part.

Props to Faith for doing pistols RX.

ABMATs are evil.

Funny vid w/ some language: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/45y1

• July 30, 2010 at 7:44 am

Here is my buddy Jerry doing Pistols

Key Kristen thanks for the post on callous treatment. I’d seen those egg looking deals in the store, but thought they were some sort of battery power “relaxer”

Anyway, very cool. Got one and it works great.

• July 30, 2010 at 8:58 am

Ryan you’re such a daddy, “you just have to wait..” 😛

11 rounds rx thanks to my beastly thighs.. not sure if I’m proud if that. KB were the hardest.

Thanks Eric! (And your video was funny, Steve is great, I laughed out loud the last part 🙂

And thank you Mark for letting me wear your gloves, I forgot to thank you and they probably smell bad now, sorry.

I can’t stand up straight, my abs wont relax.

Glad your back Amy, it was fun chatting in Sbux afterwards., come tomorrow!

14 miles at 5:20am tomorrow morning from the Tom Thumb on Hulen if anyone wants to run.

AND heads up, CrossFit run club Tuesday morning at 5:30 from the TCU track! More info to come..

This was long, it’s like an Andrew book.

• July 30, 2010 at 9:11 am

9 rounds (I used a blue ruberband for the pistols and 1.25 pood for KB )

I hate the abmat – 100 sit-ups w that is aweful!!

Where is Killer???

• July 30, 2010 at 9:39 am

For those of you with back pain:

The Osteopathic Research Center at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is conducting a research study involving the treatment of chronic low back pain. The study is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
    Candidates for this three month study must be between the ages of 21 – 69 years old and have been experiencing chronic or intermittent low back pain, backache, sciatica, or lumbago for at least the past three months. Qualified volunteers will be compensated for time and travel.

If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact the program project coordinator at 817-735-2220 or at ORCresearch@hsc.unt.edu.

• July 30, 2010 at 5:03 pm

kettle bell shy of finishing 12 rounds, used a band for pistols.
    Actually love the abmat.
    Faith you rock on the pistols. Way to go.

Where were the rest of our rooster class today?

• July 30, 2010 at 7:09 pm

9 rounds and 2 burpees
    I used the pole on the pistols.

Abmat tabata situps 112

• July 30, 2010 at 7:36 pm

8 rounds as Rx. Actually I altered it a little. I drank 4-6oz of beer at the end of each round.