Seven rounds for time of:
7 Thrusters (115 lb./85 lb.)
7 Clapping Pushups
7 Pullups

Advanced: Five rounds
5 Thrusters (135 lb./95 lb.)
5 Muscle ups
5 Burpees

Post time to comments. (This WOD was designed to be completed in 12 minutes or so.)

Friday WOD, July 9, 2010

27 thoughts on “Friday WOD, July 9, 2010

• July 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Love this WOD, great stuff here. I am jealous you guys get this. I’ll have to do it this weekend if I have anything left. Well, the scaling is already done here, so not much to add. And I promised myself I would not write another book. So here is only the first 10 chapters. I imagine very few people are doing the advanced one, and if you are, you don’t need my advice thats for sure. For the rest of you who will be attempting the first one, its gonna be just as rough. If you can do 7 115lb thrusters in a row without killing yourself then rx’d is perfect for you. Same for the girls with 85. If thats not happening, and be honest, then you will have to bring it back based on your thruster capabilities. Good barometer again is figuring out what you can thruster 7 times without dying and it still being challenging. Thats your weight. Round 1-4 won’t be too bad, but 5-7 will be a beat down if you go to heavy and you will resting more then working, which is NOT what we want. Pushups are chest to floor! Scale for this is regular pushups which are still…chest to floor. If anyone does the advanced one, your time better be less then 10 minutes, I’ll try an do this this weekend and post my time. Thanks for letting me post Amie, see you guys on Sat 9am!!

• July 9, 2010 at 6:05 am

Advanced WOD – 14:05

• July 9, 2010 at 6:17 am

Non Advanced in fact very far from advanced – 18:22 @ 95lbs – Ronin if you don’t beat something is wrong – no me gusta Thrusters!!!

• July 9, 2010 at 6:47 am

12:37 @ 95lbs

Prior to the workout I was thinking 105 or Rx weight. Luckily Scott was there to be the voice of reason. I would have been right next to Mark if I had chosen to do Rx weight(no offense).

Faith I couldn’t believe the shame in your voice when you said you scaled. You need to have an Amie moment!

Props to Brent and Whisky for doing Rx.

• July 9, 2010 at 7:18 am

Happy Birthday to Kristin (today) and Shawn P. (Sunday)!

• July 9, 2010 at 7:34 am

10:11 at 55lbs.

• July 9, 2010 at 7:42 am

12:20 scaled, no shame 🙂

Wow Andrew you were right! I did 75# (I know it’s nothing awesome.. But..) and completed the first four rounds then I had to break the set and I thought I need to take some weight off.. Ryan said I should have kept the weight and done sets of three or something.. Hmm maybe I should come back at 4:30 and try again.

Lori, you should organize our CF7 dance party..

• July 9, 2010 at 7:49 am

After seeing Whisky’s advanced time I might re-think my sub 10 visions. I was hoping to try this one tomorrow, but my back is in pain due to 100 ring dips and 100 pullups 2 days ago.

Good work Faith, and yeah you should have kept the weight, but you’ll know next time!

Eric, 95 is excellent, this was a tough one.

• July 9, 2010 at 7:54 am

I tried to start all muscle ups from straight armed hang rather than bent arms. I think that stopped in round 4. It’s amazing what a difference a couple inches makes. Giggity. Thrusters mostly unbroken. I took rest with the bar racked on my shoulders. Dumped once due to bad grip. Burpees were rest or at least a nonissue. Most of my time was wasted between movements and on muscle ups. Good work everyone. That’s a heavy thruster Faith. Good job. Everyone did good work.

I’m more fatigued than I felt I’d be post wod.

• July 9, 2010 at 8:05 am

12:24 95# thrusters. great wod. Probably should have gone 105# on the thrusters but seemed like a bad idea in light of all the scaling talk and the fact that the number of pull-ups and thruster reps exceeded fran. clapping push ups were really tough. reminded me of the inverted ring pull ups on wed. off to austin where i hope to hit a 9am class somewhere in the morning. good to the killer back in action today.

• July 9, 2010 at 8:15 am

12:25 at 85# – not sure about this one. will need to continue the experiment.

the thrusters went pretty well through 5 rounds then 5 and 2’s for the last 2 rounds. Should i have had more weight? clappers for 2.5 rounds then scaled the rest of the way. (this was the hardest part of the workout). Pullups 3 rounds then banded the rest ot the way.

i finished close to the 12 min goal and was tired when done but not near as wiped out as if i had done it normally (i.e. similar but not as good as Paukune). so did i get more of a power workout and Paukune got more of a strength workout? are the eventual benefits the same?

Andrew and Amie – i thoroughly enjoy the commentary.

• July 9, 2010 at 8:17 am

Advanced: Five rounds
    5 Thrusters (135 lb./95 lb.)
    5 Muscle ups
    5 Burpees

• July 9, 2010 at 8:28 am

Whisky those straight arm full lock out MU are terrible. And the taxations last night were awesome.

Mackey great time! I’m not sure I can beat that.

David, if you were almost unbroken on the thrusters till round 5 or 6 then you used the perfect weight.

• July 9, 2010 at 8:43 am

I am beat. 115lb Thrusters is a killer. 14:54 Rx.

Andrew – I am a fan of the taxation too. Whisky put me on to three drinks at The Usual, and those are the best!

• July 9, 2010 at 9:14 am

Fun WOD!! Faith, you can be my official first member of the CF7 dance team!!

13:10 55#,( I did, however, forget to squat on the first 5 thrusters, so I may be disqualified.) Also, prior comments suggesting successful WOD were so true, if I would have paced myself a little better it would result in a more fluid time. I got that adrenalin boost, then crashed for a bit….wasted time resting.

You all are my heroes!! Have a good weekend ~

• July 9, 2010 at 10:15 am

The most boring 3 and half minutes in sports right here. Me doing 75 burpees. This might be as entertaining as watching Ryan stretch, but enjoy. Dutch said I’m a #@#% for not being sub 3.

• July 9, 2010 at 10:42 am

Faith, if you do this workout twice in one day and actually beat your previous time. Then you are awesome!

David, I don’t think this was meant to be a strength workout. Before we started Ryan said he wanted sub 15 minute times.

Whisky, the original is weird, but I would love to see the guys reaction if he saw a triple rainbow.

You’re right Andrew that was very boring, good job though.

• July 9, 2010 at 10:46 am

I wonder if music and fireworks in the background would enhance it.

Faith I dare you to come back at 4:30.

• July 9, 2010 at 10:55 am

Ya that’s what I was going to say Andrew, music would REALLY help. Lori can help you, she has good taste.

That dare is tempting.. I’d probably try but I’m spending quality time with my baby nephew this afternoon. I only have one you know.

Here’s the video of my brother Adam lifting that log, I think he has good form for something that awkward. Andrew?

• July 9, 2010 at 10:56 am

ps. Start watching at 35 seconds..

• July 9, 2010 at 1:20 pm

O.K. Faith, forgive me for prying…..but, after watching Adam’s lift, I couldn’t help but notice a captioned frame in the right margin….”cousins dancing to Solja Boi”….they are definitely the next contestants in the CF7 Dance Team?*#**!!! – funny – BUT, they may have to wear the yellow polyester ensemble on the other dude.

• July 9, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh god Faith why would anyone skip the first 35 seconds? I expect these type of speeches before every workout now. Looks like you and your family had a blast.

Andrew put Let Me Hear You Scream in the background. Instant 1,000,000 views.

• July 9, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I already have 3 hits without music, so I think with music and maybe we can photoshop my shorts off I’ll have some new hits and maybe make Tosh.0
    Of course to be fair 1 of my 3 hits is Whisky calling me gay.

• July 9, 2010 at 4:13 pm

14:05, but with only 75 on thrusters. It was so nice to be back after being out for 2 weeks. I could definitely feel it.

The rooster was great though. Congrats to our newest member William. A transplant from Chicago.

See you guys on Monday!

• July 9, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Hands were done after yesterdays main site so did a 20 min amrap 5 ohs 5 sdlhp 95# 20 rds

• July 9, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Advanced 10:25. Ryan did it in 9!