“Karen Gone Bad”
Tabata Situps followed by Karen (150 Wallballs for time).

Post tabata score plus Karen time to comments. No rest between tabata situps and wallballs.

This week, Whiskey is at bat, explaining goals, scaling, and all things related to WOD that he feels like talking about it. Ask questions, and let us know how your WODs are going, what is on your mind, or clarification of posts…..thanks to everyone for continuing to read and comment!

Monday WOD, 7/12/10

27 thoughts on “Monday WOD, 7/12/10

• July 11, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Hey Wiskey

Glad to see you on point.

So why is it that we are doing this work out, and will you join us?

If you are the chick in charge this week, can we do some more of those xfit football WOD’s?

• July 11, 2010 at 9:19 pm

i have a question for whiskey:

why don’t you do any strength wods? do you not like to lift heavy?

• July 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Yeah, I have a question too. Anytime we’re doing metcons, it seems like you’re really lagging behind and not trying very hard. Why is that?

• July 11, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Lori will still want to do tabata sit ups afterward.

• July 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm

You are all correct. I wouldn’t do this one. I’d squat heavy then father a child with every woman in Fort Worth in order to create an army for world domination.

Seriously though if you’ve been around for a month or more you shouldn’t need to scale the reps on this wod. 150 wall balls is no joke at any weight so reducing from 20# to a lighter ball isn’t a bad idea.

Strategy for this one is don’t stop. Do at the very least the first 50 straight. DO NOT focus on the number of reps you have to complete. It will beat you down. Set small goals and achieve them during the wod. No idea what’s a good time on this one but I figure sub 10 is average. I don’t remember the last time I did this one.

• July 12, 2010 at 4:30 am

I think 10-12 mins is about right…I think I’ll like the sit-up part much better than the WB’s

• July 12, 2010 at 6:57 am

Weren’t enough med balls to do the WOD – so couldn’t do Karen – did 5×5 front squats –

• July 12, 2010 at 7:10 am

91 sit ups/9:19

I’m not a fan of “Karen.” For whatever reason my hands forget to block/catch the ball. My face does not appreciate it. Also according to Newly I had a lot of 9 foot wall balls. So I won’t say I did it Rx.

Mark, let it go.

• July 12, 2010 at 7:15 am

The story of your life, huh, Eric? Balls always flying in your face uncontrollably.

• July 12, 2010 at 7:26 am

Not just any balls, 20lbs balls. Get on my level.

• July 12, 2010 at 7:53 am

118 sit ups – 8:36

• July 12, 2010 at 8:15 am

7:46, 12 lb. ball and I wanted to go lighter but Newly wouldn’t let me 😛 I hate wall balls.. gives me a crick in the neck and I can’t breath looking up like that. I did 50 then broke it up in 10s.

91 sit ups, and Eric, I used that back thing for half of mine so my 91 was more challenging and awesome than yours.

David you’re a beast at sit ups.

• July 12, 2010 at 10:54 am

sorry I missed it…daughter had wisdom teeth out early this a.m. YUK…why do we grow those things??..she’s a good sport. I did check WOD last night and dreamed how wonderful it would have been>**#*!! haha

Faith, what back thing?

Paukune, why didn’t you just go with a heavier ball? ~ curious

• July 12, 2010 at 11:17 am

Let me start by saying I should have done “Karen Gone Bad” but oh no decided to work out with Mitzi (who will be at 4;30 class today) and Cameron from RCCC. We did some Navy Seal wkout.
    Time : 68 min
    mile run outside followed by 100 pull ups
    mile run 100 PU
    mile run 100 sit ups
    mile run 100 air squats…
    that was after the warm up which was 50lb (for me) push press
    as many times got 15 then 25lb kettle bell 30x
    400 meter run, push press again 12x 100 air squats with 400 meter run.
    Glad to say I DiD It!!!
    See ya roosters on Friday!

• July 12, 2010 at 12:12 pm

OMG Amy…..WHAT???? Where? You’re unbelievable ~
    How do you feel post workout? The runs alone would have taken me 68 mins.(+)…and would have been followed by one of those golf carts with the police light on top??**#*!!

• July 12, 2010 at 12:13 pm

p.s., did you do tabata sit ups after?? haha just kiddin’

• July 12, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I smell a challenge Faith.

How do you have the energy left to type or breathe Amy? That workout seems a bit overwhelming.

LORI MAKE SURE YOU GET A PHOTO OF THE PUFFY CHEEKS.

• July 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Sorry I missed this gasser. Tried to immitate with 3,000 meter row: 11:30. Amy – that sounds crazy! Can I join?

• July 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm

91 sit-ups and ~9:15. I hate wall balls. like eric a consistent 10 foot shot is difficult for me so i may have been scolded a couple of times by mr spikes had he been monitoring closely. 118 sit-ups is tough to beat…..

• July 12, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Yes Dike, opened to all crazies! The runs were terrible after the 2 mile.. so hot and humid,all I could think about was I have another 2 mules still to come. I wouldn’t mind doing it again in the fall when the temps are better.
    Lori… I have to say no tabata afterwards! haha
    Actually feel good now, well see how tired I am later tonight.
    Going tomorrow to see what’s in store, surely it can’t be anything like today?!?!

• July 12, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Ronin – Last week, I asked Andrew to give you guys a peek in his CrossFit mind, explaining WODs, goals, strategy….I asked Whiskey to do the same this week and am lining up someone else for next week. I wanted to let everyone peek in the mind of some CF7ers who have been CrossFitting for a while….

There has been no change in chain of command – Ryan is still programming (and will be even if he does go on vacation). No worries there!

And CFFB? You are crazy! Those WODs are high rep and HEAVY – they are designed for dudes who are playing football….if you don’t have any immediate football plans, it would behoove you to stay away from those WODs.

• July 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I did some situps then I did the wall balls. I forgot how many and how long.

• July 12, 2010 at 7:21 pm

96 Sit Ups

6:54 on Karen (should have gone with the 20lb ball)

Sank, try scaling the WB by standing on a box.

Amie, oh…. OK, well I’ll look forward to Whisky doing that. When does he start?

• July 12, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Five rounds for time of:
    135 pound Thruster, 15 reps
    Run 400 meters

• July 12, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Here for my once a week appearance.
    119 sit ups then 10:28 on Karen (Rx)

Sank – Don’t let Ronin beat you down like that. He can talk when he uses the man ball.

• July 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Five rounds for time of:
    135 pound Thruster, 15 reps
    Run 400 meters

• July 13, 2010 at 6:30 am

Mackey and Tony- I did that WOD too- 26:42. I had to scale the weight back every round (started at 85 lb). It definitely got the better of me.