Seven rounds for time of:
200m Run
3 Deadlift (135 lb./95 lb.)
2 Cleans
1 Jerk

Advanced:
200m Run
3 Deadlift (185 lb./135 lb.)
2 Cleans
1 Jerk

I have seen a few CrossFit handstand pictures…..if you have one of yourself, send it to me!

Wednesday WOD, July 21, 2010

23 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, July 21, 2010

• July 20, 2010 at 6:31 pm

The only thing to scale on this one is the weight for the clean or the jerk. My suggestion? If it’s too heavy, you may want to consider doing less.

• July 21, 2010 at 6:29 am

13:17 @ 185#

Much more challenging than I originally thought. Low back still tight from Monday. That affected everything.

• July 21, 2010 at 7:02 am

9:35 @ 135/ 83 sit ups on tabata

I’m angry at myself for still having energy at the end of the WOD. I could have done 3 or 4 more rounds.

Good to have David and Faith back.

Killer have fun in New York. Make sure you do a handstand on top of the Empire State Building.

• July 21, 2010 at 7:16 am

8 rounds accidentally.. 10:32 @95#, 96 sit ups..

I agree Eric, I had more at the end. So does that mean we should have done more weight or ran faster?

Good to be back with the Roosters.. Now Lori where were you!

• July 21, 2010 at 7:29 am

Most of us misjudged the workout. The advanced is more strength whereas the regular is more of a metcon. If I could do it again I would have gone much faster on the runs. I might show up in the afternoon depending on how much my conscience bugs me.

• July 21, 2010 at 7:47 am

10:06 @ 135# and 116 sit ups

i have done the last 3 WODs in the last 36 hours…time to go on vacation again.

i hope Paukune brings us a handstand pic from the African outback…

• July 21, 2010 at 7:57 am

9:21 with the light weight. Definitely did not go fast enough. Eric was not pushing me hard enough.

• July 21, 2010 at 8:46 am

It was metcon to me. The weight was heavy but manageable. I had to stop because I felt a little pukie at one point.

• July 21, 2010 at 9:17 am

I think I’m coaching the 6pm tonight so all the guys will be doing at least 155lbs. After hearing you roosters say it wasn’t hard enough, thats like CF blasphemy.

• July 21, 2010 at 10:23 am

We are trying to organize an indoor soccer team for the fall, anyone (men only) interested? Please email me or call me if you are interested. 817 658 7212. email — ageesbreght@yahoo.com

Here is the roster so far…

Geesbreght
    Dutch
    Andy Platt (maybe)

So I would like to hear from the roosters and Lucas, Ryan, Manton, etc..

Sorry to leave you out girls, but playing co-ed soccer is like being punched in the balls. No offense.

• July 21, 2010 at 10:40 am

We could do the cheerleading thing . . . not telling what we’d be cheering for though.

• July 21, 2010 at 11:47 am

Andrew, not to be insensitive but it seems quite unlikely that you could find somebody capable of stooping low enough to accomplish that punch?

Does Andy know there us running in Soccer?

• July 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

9:45 @ 135#. Heading to Scottsdale for a meeting on Thurs and Fri and then off to CA for a few days. . Planning to hit North Scottsdale Crossfit. Will report back…. See y’all on Wednesday.

• July 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Short jokes are great.

I am sticking Andy in goal.

• July 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I’m a decent goalie if I don’t have to bend over for anything. Does the arena have air-conditioning or is it like the gym?

• July 21, 2010 at 1:22 pm

No this place is nice, ac for the summer and heat in the winter. Its a dome arena, and has new artificial turf in it.

• July 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Andy – thanks for the custom workout yesterday in light of my injured elbow. It was a good one. I will need another one today….

• July 21, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Riley, watch out for stuff that does not seem to involve your elbow, like dead lifts. For me presses seemed to bug it as well.

In that my elbow would often get much more painful when static, I think there much be something to what the Trigger Point crowd has to say.

Also, those goofy wrist stretches from Greg Everett seemed to help. That and waiting six months.

• July 21, 2010 at 4:22 pm

The 3:45 heat is brutal for running wods ok all wods Advanced:
    200m Run
    3 Deadlift 185 lb.
    2 Cleans
    1 Jerk-10:30

• July 21, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Great 6pm class!

75 burpees
    3:18 PR

• July 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Thanks for the tip Ronin. I will check it out.

• July 21, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I must’ve been doing something terribly wrong if Tony beat me…

• July 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm

uhhhhh, turned off my alarm….sounds like a great workout. I did get in a 3 mile run, (and ya’ll know how I run….L-S-D). See you Friday ~