Four rounds for time of “Roy”
15 Deadlifts (225 lbs./165 lbs.)
20 Box jumps, 24 inch box
25 Pull-ups

Advanced WOD:
Three rounds for time of:
15 Snatch (135 lbs./95 lbs.)
15 Handstand Pushups
15 L-Pullups

Post WOD and time to comments.

“Roy” is a new HERO WOD, posted on the main site yesterday. Marine Corps Sgt. Michael C. Roy, 25, of North Fort Myers, Fla., assigned to the 3rd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Advisor Group, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command at Camp Lejeune, was killed in action on July 8th, 2009 in Nimroz Province, Afghanistan, while supporting combat operations. He is survived by his wife Amy and three children, Michael, Landon and Olivia.

Wednesday WOD, July 28, 2010

18 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, July 28, 2010

• July 28, 2010 at 5:28 am

If anyone wants to work on snatch or other Olympic lifts, I will be there early this afternoon (3:30ish) 🙂

• July 28, 2010 at 7:29 am

Press – 115, 125, 125 all x5
    Roy – 20:25ish @ 185

Started the workout at 205. Had to drop to 185 at the start of the 3rd round. I should have tapped up my hands for the pull ups. I’m surprised I didn’t rip them. Still my grip prevented me from stringing more together.

• July 28, 2010 at 7:31 am

A better crossfitter than I has said this WOD wrecked his hands last night. Take care and tape them up if you’re concerned with having gaping holes in your hands for a week.

On the advanced wod could I get some clarification on the snatch? Power or full squat?

• July 28, 2010 at 7:55 am

5 mile run
    Roy – 23:46 at 185
    Hand and shoulders are sore

These hero wod’s make me stop and think that there guys right now in harms way for America while I sit in my cush world – thanks Roy!!

• July 28, 2010 at 8:01 am

Whiskey-

It is a full squat snatch.

• July 28, 2010 at 8:11 am

i am also glad our military is full of Roys!

i think:: 19.48 at 205#, 15 PUs per round (after 1st round i lived on the band)

i recommend gloves and knee high tube socks (go pau-kune)

• July 28, 2010 at 8:36 am

DL needs meticulous form, if you can’t do 5 reps at the rx weight, I’d recommend dropping by 10%. remember not to jerk the weight from the floor, but squeeze your core tight first, then lift. you may find box jumps more challenging following the DL’s. stretching your hammies in the warm up is a must! sorry for the brevity today, I’m on my phone…too hard to type!

• July 28, 2010 at 9:04 am

I did not realize going in that this was a hero WOD. Damn, now I know why it hurt so bad. Almost ripped.

How can you have a hero and an advanced workout option anyway?

RX + 10 lbs because there were not enough 45s – 19:57

• July 28, 2010 at 9:44 am

So let me get this straight, someone thought the HERO wod wasn’t hard enough so they decided to make an “advanced” wod? Since when is a hero wod not hard enough?? Lets make Fran harder also while we are at it. 2100-1500-900 reps of thrusters and pullups.

The advanced wod is ridiculous, and I would say no one do it, but I am pretty sure no one at our gym can in under 30 minutes.

On a lighter note, I can’t feel my shoulders due to push press beat down these last few days. 11 rep max of 215lbs front squat yesterday though, that felt good!

• July 28, 2010 at 10:27 am

The advanced wod would be better is I changed the Snatch to 5 reps full snatch and left everything else the same.

• July 28, 2010 at 10:31 am

CrossFit is good at keeping me humble.. 🙂
    23:32 155 first set, 145 2x, 125 last set, pull ups were so so painful on my hands..

That was tough. And I’m a little bitter no one warned me about my hands.. They are both ripped, oozing and throbbing. Go ahead whisky, ridicule away.. 😛

• July 28, 2010 at 11:22 am

22:35 (I think) 205# DLs and only did 20 PUs per round. Roy must’ve been one helluva badass. Really tough wod. Good to see everyone after a week off.

• July 28, 2010 at 12:04 pm

(Roy was on the mainsite yesterday – Rxd is five rounds – if you want to try that as an “advanced” WOD, it will be!)

I have a shoulder/neck issue that I hope to get checked at the dr. next week; I’m trying to hold out on WODs until then, but it’s kind of hard for me. So today, I decided I would walk to the library and pick up my books. It’s 3.75 miles from my house, and what sounded like a good idea at the time quickly mustered into a not so good idea.

I loaded up my backpack with water and used it like a weight vest. Mile one, I did one minute sprint, one minute walk (with the backpack on). I got bored with that after the first mile, so mile 2, I decided to do burpees every time I had to stop because of traffic. Had to do three sets of burpees (with the backpack on), and the third set was more than enough. (I was on S. Hulen street doing burpees too – kind of funny!). Walked the rest of the way to the library. When I got there, I looked pitiful – covered in grass from burpees, sweating,…I explained to the man behind the counter that I walked, and he says, “Well, you sure are sweaty..it must have been a really brisk walk.” 🙂

I ended up with 8 books and loaded them into my backpack, which now weighed about 15 lbs. Took a different route home, which I think was shorter, but the trek home was awful – it was uphill the whole way. Took way longer to get home than to get there…..definitely a good WOD and something different than the norm!

• July 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Big thanks to the A-Team (Amie, Angie, and Andy) for helping with my OHS form. Yes, I know it is a terrible joke, but I’m in a good mood.

• July 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm

5 min max calorie row: 115
    4 min max hspu: 38
    3 min max 135# power clean: 31
    2 min max double unders: 125
    1 min max box jumps: 29

running clock
    total: 338

• July 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Amie, I thought that was you walking on bellaire drive by the tcu track but I thought to myself why would that be amie? I was driving on the other side of the street and in a hurry so didn’t try to yell your name.

• July 28, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I just spent $29 at CVS.. bandaids, neosporin, new skin and a callus blade thing.. I should be good to go now..

• July 28, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Eric- I love OHS – it’s my favorite!!! Your OHS looked really great today – keep practicing! 🙂

Sank-Did you see me doing burpees there? That was the first set! I am SO stinking sore….walking to the library was not a good idea. I need to learn that anytime I dream up a WOD, it’s generally harder than I think it’s going to be.