For time:
25 Burpees
5 Deadlifts (225 lb./165 lbs.)
25 Toes to Bar
5 Deadlifts
15 Burpees
5 Deadlifts
15 Toes to Bar
5 Deadlifts

We all know about the benefits of eating a clean diet, and it’s easy to follow specific Paleo/Zone recipes….but the challenge comes when you open your refrigerator and have random ingredients that you need to use before they go bad. Those are the times when eating clean becomes a bit more challenging.

Angie showed me www.allrecipes.com a while back. It’s a great site because if you go here, you can enter the ingredients you have (and don’t have) to get recipes to make something yummy! A lot of the recipes will call for flour, sugar, butter, etc., and are not very Paleo friendly….so my question to you is, how do you make a non-Paleo recipe Paleo?

It really depends on the recipe….we are going to play a couple of games this month and spend some time talking nutrition. The first game is “Paleo this Recipe”. A recipe will be posted, and your challenge will be to make it “CrossFit friendly”. Some recipes will require more creativity than others, and points will be awarded based on creativity, overall Paleo-ness, how easy it is to make, etc. In order to recieve points, you may substitute Paleo-friendly ingredients for others (like fresh tomatoes for canned), but the overall intention of the recipe must remain the same (so if it’s a chicken recipe, you can’t whip out a recipe for salmon). The changes you make can be Paleo or Zone (or a hybrid of both). At the end of September, we will have a Paleo potluck to announce the winner!

Here we go! Paleo this Recipe!

Tuesday WOD, August 24, 2010

12 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, August 24, 2010

• August 24, 2010 at 6:29 am

Very zig-zaggy this morning.

Leah I’m glad you didn’t get lost. Although you did make me sprint. Luckily, I had solar power left.

• August 24, 2010 at 8:11 am

I feel so bad you had to chase me down I’m sorry!!!!!! I swear someone *ahem* said we were going to the dead end and turning around? I kinda zoned out with my music though. . .

Hopefully in 2 more weeks I’ll be able to keep up so I won’t get lost, although that route was confusing at best

• August 24, 2010 at 10:27 am

It was very ziggidy and dark. Scary.

Welcome David!! Newest member of ECF7RRT, he tried to beat us all..

WHERE WAS NEWLEY??? Not cool.. We waited five whole minutes for you.

Leah next time you run off you’re on your own, crazy lady.. 😛

It’s ALL about the Solar Power Eric, good work, see? I TOLD you you’d be a great distance runner.

• August 24, 2010 at 10:41 am

This is the actual workout, it was post with the box jumps and deadlift missing.

25 Burpees
    5 Deadlifts (225 lb./165 lbs.)
    25 box jump
    5 deadlift
    25 Toes to Bar
    5 Deadlifts
    15 Burpees
    5 Deadlifts
    15 box jump
    5 dead lift
    15 Toes to Bar
    5 Deadlifts

• August 24, 2010 at 11:58 am

Times, please!
    Pretty please?

• August 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Leah – there used to be a deadend. it is gone now as you can see. Anyway the group wanted to turn around but your music was too high. Eric saved the day.

6.6 miles that is more than twice as much as i have run in the last 10 years.

• August 24, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Quit complaining.. zig zag geez… I was trying to not do so many hills!

good run CF7 runners.
    6.6 not bad.

• August 24, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Yea I thought that it went up that little hill and then looped around to the other side of the road but, clearly wrong! Next time I will stay in the back of the pack until I know where the heck I am going!!
    Don’t worry Amy, I totally appreciated the no hills!! I would have died a lot sooner with them! 🙂

• August 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm

13:30, 175#

Amy, TOO EASY on the recipe! I love it! I may make it tomorrow. All I would change would be to skip the corn, reduce salt, and no tortillas, just dump the whole thing on about 6c. (for me, 3c. for an average person, probably) spinach or mixed greens!

• August 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm

14:21 . . . Anyone remember what weight I had on my bar??

• August 24, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Angie-
    Thank you for paleo-ing the recipe!! Our other paleo-eaters need to chime in as well!! (BTW, I made this recipe week before last with a pork tenderloin – it was FABULOUS! It freezes really well, and mine turned out pretty spicy!).

Angie gets 10 points for round 1!

Leah-during WOD, you had 145 on the bar. After WOD, you need to post what you did – that’s your big news!

AMIE (not AMY, geez Angie 🙂 haha….)

• August 24, 2010 at 8:48 pm

sweet, 145# for me! I’ll kick it up a notch next time!!!

after WOD I wanted to have a baseline for my deadlift so, I maxed out at 205#, I was pretty excited!!!!! 😀

Thanks for all the help Amie!!!!