Five rounds for time of:
5 Back Squats
5 Presses
5 Deadlifts
25 Situps

More WOD details will be explained when you arrive for class. Post time to comments.

Lewis Pugh’s mind-shifting Everest swim

Wednesday WOD, August 18, 2010

12 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, August 18, 2010

• August 18, 2010 at 6:43 am

Any tips? I may be doing this one at home.

• August 18, 2010 at 6:58 am

Angie, fashion will be all-important for this one. You can borrow that vintage 1968 purple suede dress with the big brass grommets and high-thigh side slits if I can get it back from Ronin.

• August 18, 2010 at 7:19 am

BS – 225×5
    Press – 115, 115, 125, 135, 145F
    DL – 225×5

Angie, this is a strength WOD. Ryan had us lift heavy and take our time between rounds.

What would be the best way to improve my DL numbers?

Mark you cut me deep when you booted me from the team.

• August 18, 2010 at 9:01 am

Run club at 5am tomorrow.. Not sure what y’all are running but I gotta do nasty speedwork:

Seven miles total, one mile warm up/cool down

3x, one mile sprint. 800 m recovery jogs between.

Eric come race with me 😉

• August 18, 2010 at 9:13 am

Eric,
    Am running this a.m….going to do WOD at home today. First day of school, daughter departed early, wanted to say my goodbyes….

Since WOD is 5 rds for time, is extra time between rounds deducted/limit on rest time? or included for total?

Thanks ~

p.s. Faith, can I join you for the one mile warm up and one mile cool down??

• August 18, 2010 at 9:47 am

Angie – we were told use around 75% of you max and rest around a minute – after each round we used three bars and did the wod in groups

• August 18, 2010 at 9:50 am

Lori forget about time for the WOD. Take breaks when necessary and keep proper form.

Faith you meant ECF7RRT at 5AM. I’m 50/50 on showing.

• August 18, 2010 at 11:41 am

Faith, I didn’t yell at you on the trail last week. That was some other perve. I was busy driving to Durango, Colorado to have my ass handed to me by the mountains.

• August 18, 2010 at 2:58 pm

5rds @ 45#,65#,75#, 80#(failed/thrusters), 75# Kept weight for BS & DL according to thruster ability. Tested back w/this overall lighter weight; 75%max(?); worked on form.

• August 18, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Ronin – great website – I have never seen that – thank you very much!!!!!!!

You may get recruited for Como Math night

• August 19, 2010 at 7:59 am

BS 155#
    P 95#
    DL 225#

Since strength is my weakness, I really tried to use this WOD to focus on form. Enough weight to be challenging, but not too heavy to lose form.