Mobility WOD

Strength/skill work: Hang Snatch
(If you know the Burgener Warmup, be sure to do that first!)

Five rounds for time of:
5 Power Cleans (185 lbs./135 lbs.)
10 Walking Lunges with 35 lb. Kettlebell in left hand
5 Burpees
10 Walking Lunges with 35 lb. Kettlebell in right hand

CrossFit Seven members are putting up some great numbers of late! Faith ran the Chicago Marathon this past weekend (Faith, post your results to comments!)….Miles jerked 300 pounds last week (video below)…. And for those of you who came on Saturday, the competition WOD was a blast! If you missed it, not to worry! CrossFit Seven will have an in-house competition for all CrossFit Seven members who want to participate. Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 23rd, 9 am, for your next opportunity to show off your skills!

Monday WOD, October 11, 2010

14 thoughts on “Monday WOD, October 11, 2010

• October 10, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Good form Miles.

• October 10, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Damn Miles almost looks like a push press. Props

• October 11, 2010 at 7:58 am

I think Miles actually did 325 after that lift and then failed on 350.

Today’s WOD @ 165lb clean – 11:39.

• October 11, 2010 at 10:06 am

I like the one arm thing. It really exposed some weaknesses in me.
    135#/35#kb – 12:10 (but I think I did 6 rounds…)

• October 11, 2010 at 10:55 am

Happy Birthday Manton!

I fractured the 2nd metarsal in my right foot, and I have a spiffy new shoe to wear for the next sx weeks. Rest day today, will be back tomorrow to do mobility WODs and non-weight bearing activities 🙂

• October 11, 2010 at 11:21 am

12:46 140# on the cleans – not sure the Michael Jackson dance off in the middle of the wod helped my time –

Amie sorry to hear about your foot

Lori – very strong on the pull ups at the 9am class – will you be making an appearance at the 2011 games??

Any word on Faith’s marathon time???

Where in the hell is Newly????

• October 11, 2010 at 11:54 am

Newley!!! Where are you…..all these years you’ve seen my attempts and you missed it – my first official pull up!! It was so awesome – quite the adrenalin rush.

Amie, I can’t believe your foot. How did you do it?

11:36 65# 18#(?)kb? And, of course, tabata sit-ups post
    WOD

Fun 9:00 a.m. Columbus Day workout!!

• October 11, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Lori-I dropped a weight on my foot last week when I was racking the bar. Have done it a million times, this time, I just happened to hit it just right.

• October 11, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Congratulations Lori! Did you get it on video by chance?

• October 11, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Ryan when will you be unveiling the WODS for the in-house competition?? Just no running, rowing, or cardio of any sort please. And no really heavy weight either. Can’t wait!

• October 11, 2010 at 4:59 pm

9:34. A real quad burner.

I think Miles dominated today.

• October 11, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Well.. thanks for asking guys, missed my Boston qualifying time by one second. Yep, you read that right. I needed a 3:40:59 and I ran a 3:41:00. So that sucked a little.

I felt CF strong 🙂 and I had good form the whole race.. it was just REALLY hot. 83* at the finish. We jumped in Lake Michigan (59*) post marathon and that felt good. 🙂

Miles, AMAZING!!! 😀

• October 11, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Thanks everybody! Amie and Ryan’s technique lessons are starting to show.

• October 11, 2010 at 8:27 pm