Mobility WOD

“Running Bear”
Three rounds for time of:
7 reps of Bear Complex (135 lb./95 lb.)
400m Run

One rep of the Bear Complex consists of a power clean to front squat to push press (bar ends up behind the head) to back squat to push press (bar goes back to front) and down to the ground. There are several rules: No resting on the ground (you can rest with the bar at your hips or on your back); You can break up or combine the movements so long as you go below parallel on the squat, fully open your hips at the top and then lock out the bar overhead. Watch the video below for full details.

Saturday was the first annual CF7 Competition! The competition included a max clean and jerk, short metcon (seven rounds of: 7 burpees, 7 sumo-deadlift high pull, 7 box jumps) and assessment of three skills. Lowest overall scores won. Results from the First Annual CF7 Competition:
Men

1. Lauren (8pts)
2. Summer (12pts)
3. Sarah (16pts)
4. Kristin (20 pts)
5. Amy K. (23pts)
6. Andrea (25pts)
7. Tie: Karli & Leah ( 28pts)

Thanks to everyone who came to participate and watch!! It was a great time!

Get to know……Faith Driggers!

How long have you been a CrossFitter? Since the end of April, so almost six months

What is your previous sports/fitness background? I grew up playing most sports, esp. tournament golf, tennis and distance running.

What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? Saturday team workouts! Or anything with running 🙂

Least Favorite? Anything with lot’s of pull ups or toes to bar, I get cranky when my hands rip

Your Fran time? I’ve only done it once back in Aug, 5:51 not RX hehe

What athlete (CrossFit or otherwise) do you admire most and why? My 27 year old brother Mark Driggers. He has completed triathlons, run marathons, did an Ironman and this year he joined the Air Force Pararescue with plans to be a PJ (Para Jumper). He is almost finished with six week of Indoc training where the wash out rate is very high (his class of 120 is down to 18). They do CrossFit-like workouts everyday, lots of running and spend a lot of time in the pool where he hopes he passes out before he quits (he has to hold his breath four minutes underwater!). I admire him so much, he is my athlete hero!

What do you hope to accomplish by doing CrossFit? Dead lift as much as Miles, KIDDING 🙂 stay fit for life and motivate others to CF!

Do you train for a specific purpose (ie, another sport)? I enjoy doing CF along with Triathlon and distance running, it’s a great for cross training

What are your CrossFit goals? Look like Angie when I’m a mom 🙂

Do you paleo or zone? Well, I haven’t tried either, but I plan to!

Would you rather do 100 burpees, 100 pullups or 100 squats? squats for sure

What do you do when you are not at CrossFit? Spend lot’s of time with my family and my baby nephew, study, run with my run club and church stuff

Lifting shoes of Vibram five fingers? I don’t have either, and I want both!

What is on your favorite CrossFit t-shirt? “Suck it up, buttercup” 😉

What is the best piece of advice you’d give a new CrossFitter? Plug into a class and get to know the people, the camaraderie, challenge and encouragement is the best part!

What do you to warm up for a WOD? Recently I’ve been rowing 300 meters, walk outs, a few pull ups, leg swings, air squats, Samson stretch, other stretching

What do you do for recovery? How often do you take rest days? For recovery, I like to drink chocolate milk. Sleep. I’m not hard core like Eric.. I LIKE my days off. But then again my “days off” usually involve running.. I was doing CF 3x/week, but with running I’ve been doing two.

What CrossFit certs have you been to or hope to go to? I don’t know!

If you could have dinner with three CrossFit all-stars, who would it be? I only know CF people from our box.. so Ryan, Amie and Angie (Andy can come too)

What do you like best about CrossFit Seven? Hanging out on Saturdays, reading the blog and Kristen’s pool parties! 😀

Any other information you would like the world to know??? I used to play semi-professional paintball and I think we should all play sometime 🙂

Monday WOD, October 25, 2010

23 thoughts on “Monday WOD, October 25, 2010

• October 24, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I didn’t know that about your brother. I watched a show about their training and those guys are truly badasses. There was almost nothing in their training day I thought I could do.

• October 24, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Ronin-
    Advanced thanks for the video and pics to come! I forgot my camera on Saturday…

Bear Complex is my all-time most favorite WOD (I know you all may find that hard to believe, haha)….I hope everyone has fun with this one!! I want to play soooooo badly.

• October 25, 2010 at 6:44 am

Cindy – 20 rounds

PR’d on water breaks in a WOD. I have to stop eating junk food.

That baby has a great Blue Steel.

• October 25, 2010 at 7:42 am

Eric if I see you getting water during a wod again I am going to hurt you. But, good job on Cindy.

I really enjoyed this weekend fellas, thanks to everyone who came!

• October 25, 2010 at 7:51 am

On his 1st birthday he’s going to reveal Magnum.

I liked getting to know you Faith 🙂 you inspire me to run more.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:13 am

14:08 @ 115# fun but tough WOD.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:16 am

There were some notable no shows, thank goodness, because if Newley, LA, Eric, walters, Frank the Tank, Pau-kune, or Max Effort had showed, I doubt I would have been in the top 10. But, it was really fun, and I think we ought to do this every 6 months, or even once a quarter.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:30 am

Sorry I missed it Bo – too much Friday night fun and Saturday morning soccer game.

13:50 Rx – It was a Bear – Dropped bar every time.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:40 am

I’m sure the Saturday class was much more fun than the L1 cert at GSX.

Andrew that’ll be good motivation. Running like hell would waste more energy than finishing the WOD.

• October 25, 2010 at 9:03 am

13:00 Rx .. Bar hit the ground every single time. Brutal WOD, but lots of fun!

• October 25, 2010 at 10:16 am

16:07 85# slow as hell but I was dying, definitely had a failed rep on number 21. dropped the bar too.

• October 25, 2010 at 10:18 am

17:20 @115# Bar didn’t hit every time, but it did hit.Oh, and the sit-ups for time after we finished were icing on the cake!!! Thanks Ryan(yes that is bit of sarcasm your sensing)

• October 25, 2010 at 10:41 am

11:47 @95#… I need to up the weight to 115 next time, great workout. I dreaded it all the way up to the start, then loved it.

• October 25, 2010 at 11:02 am

Great 9 a.m. class. – daylight/sun hits your body and the fangs and body hair disappear…

15:45 55#; 3:47/sit ups…I love to run, I love to run, I love to run…psychologists have recommended if you’ll stand in front of the mirror for 5 mins/3 x daily and repeat it over and over, you’ll finally believe it!! (maybe some new shoes would help??)

• October 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

BTW – I stayed around and watched Angie do Bear Complex and now I’m the one with the complex??*#**!! I want to be her when I grow up. Angie, you’re my crossfit idol – thanks for letting me “creep” on you.

• October 25, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I haven’t been bothered sitting on the DL until today…..reading everyone’s post about Bear makes wish sooooo badly I could be there to WOD too!!!

On a different note, I love the member profiles and getting to know everyone! I know all of the profiles that are on the way, and it’s been really neat to hear great stories from everyone!! (I sent emails to everyone who I had an email for – if you didn’t get an email, shoot me an email and I’ll send you the survey – we want to hear from everyone! amiet08@gmail.com)

Faith-It’s awesome that you think Ryan, Angie and I are your all star dinner companions 🙂 LOVE IT!

• October 25, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Thanks Max! I think PJs are awesome too!

And thank you Lauren 🙂

Well Amie, you guy’s pretty much taught me everything I know, hehe, plus Andrew,.. and Kristen after tonight.. I appreciate it!

10:37 65#.. tried to keep up with RX Sommer 😉 2:43 on the sit ups.. no where CLOSE to rockin awesome Kristens 1:something

Are doing the Mud Run??

• October 25, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I’m game for the run.

It looks like we need a head count prior to registering since the entry fee for a 5 man team is 300 dollars.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Lori, thanks for the nice words. I hope you werent looking when I almost dropped the bar on my head. Twice.
    Or the run. When I was walking…

• October 26, 2010 at 2:57 pm

ok so that’s two for the Mud Run 🙂 Kristen?? Summer? Lynn? Angie? Boys??

• October 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Now we have three (nick miles and me) for our first team of five for Sunday!

Girls!!