Mobility WOD

10 rounds for time of:
15 Deadlift (135 lbs./95 lbs.)
15 Push ups

ESPN broadcasted a documentary on Terry Fox last week, and it was one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time. Terry proves how far one man can push his body, go to the very edge and know what it means to really soar. (Click here for programming information and additional airings on ESPN.)

I found this commercial for the 2010 CrossFit Games on youtube this week…it’s a little late posting it, but it’s a great snapshot of what CrossFit really is.

Thursday WOD, October 7, 2010

9 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, October 7, 2010

• October 7, 2010 at 6:32 am

I can’t believe she compares CF games to the Olympics. Que ridiculo!

• October 7, 2010 at 8:24 am

14:11 135#

amie – for some reason wordpress errors come up when you enter a comment.

• October 7, 2010 at 8:42 am

CF/weightlifting hybrid competition in Colorado springs a few weeks ago featured many top crossfitters, like Spealler, and showed how they compare to the specialized oly lifter. Each competitor lifted with 3 attempts snatch / C&J. One CF article boasted Spealler’s combined snatch/c&j total of 200kg would be top 10 in his weight category 62kg in mens USA weightlifting. Pretty impressive considering he lifts part time so to speak. However I was just curious because Dutch has told me how weak Americans are compared to the world in weightlifting, so I looked up a few records. Turns out Spealler would not be in the top 10 in the womens 48kg category if his number are compared to the rest of the worlds weightlifting. That means a 105lb girl, and at least 10 more, lift on average 20-50 lbs more in both lifts then Crossfits top male athlete at 140lbs. The guys in the 62Kg category, same as Speallers, are working with a combined total of 325kg compared to his 200kg. 1Kg is 2.2 pounds, do the math.

Spealler is amazing and can do things I only dream of doing. Just wanted to point out that lets not get to crazy when comparing crossfitters to real oly weightlifters.

• October 7, 2010 at 10:39 am

as rx’d: 8:40 @ 135#

• October 7, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Andrew, will you please do the math for me?

• October 7, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Sure Whiskey, it means you are not as strong as a 105 pound asian girl.

• October 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm

There are no words to describe how I feel about the workout today. . . *sigh*

• October 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Side note. . .Anyone up for a beer (or 2?) tomorrow night? 7 or 8? Post WOD of course!!! 🙂

• October 7, 2010 at 3:43 pm

But, I am stronger than a 130# Asian dude named Kris(tan) Clever. He was number 1 in the 2010 games. Doesn’t that count for anything?