Mobility WOD

Your choice of Strength (Push Press 1-1-1-1-1) or Skill (10 Front Levers, lowering slow as possible).

“Tabata Somthing Else”

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Compare to June 30. Post strength or skill, as well as Tabata score to comments.

****************************************************************************
Faith ran in the Chicago Marathon over the weekend….From Faith: “I missed my Boston qualifying time by one second. 🙁 I needed a 3:40:59 and I ran a 3:41:00. It was 83 degrees at the finish, VERY hot for Chicago!! We jumped in Lake Michigan right afterwards, it was 59*.. Anyway, it was fun! I’m pretty stiff and sore, but I’ll see you crazy CrossFitters soon!”

****************************************************************************

In the world of Olympic weightlifting, the Chinese are producing outstanding athletes. This video shows why (75 kilos = 165 lbs.)…

People ask me often what CrossFit sites or Olympic lifting sites I follow. One site I follow is www.olyathlete.com . Ursula Garza Papandrea is one of 30 Senior International USAW Coaches in the United States, and she coaches Chad Vaughn, who is just competed at the World Championships in Turkey. Chad and Ursula have put together a great site, with instruction videos, motivational posts, and more. Check it out and add it to your list of favorites!

Tuesday WOD, October 12, 2010

13 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, October 12, 2010

• October 11, 2010 at 7:32 pm

That kid must be eliminated before he gets too strong.

Damn Faith, 1 second?!? If you were only milliseconds faster on each mile…. God that would drive me insane. Hopefully you’re taking it better.

• October 11, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Way to go Faith! That is so awesome!

• October 11, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Faith – wow – I would be happy with that time!!!!!! Sorry about Boston

Amie / Ryne – put up the video of Lori’s first kipping pull ups

• October 11, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Is running happening tomorrow??

• October 11, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Faith – CONGRATULATIONS!! one second?? who cares?? you qualify in our book!!! So proud of you and all your hard work!!

• October 12, 2010 at 6:47 am

Tabata – 40

1 less than Miles. I’ll lose some sleep for sure.

Very cool Ronin. There should be a shooting range at the in-house competition coming up.

Forgot to congratulate you in my first post Faith. The competitive side of me saw the 1 second part and took over. Averaging a sub 8:30 mile is awesome!

• October 12, 2010 at 10:36 am

Is there a video of Lori’s pullup?? If so, send it to me and I will post it!

Lori-CONGRATS!!! That is a big deal!!!! 🙂

• October 12, 2010 at 11:11 am

That is money, Ronin. Well done.

For some reason, I thought it was hilarious that Lauren was 100 yards away when the camera turned around.

• October 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm

That wasn’t Lauren that was a wondering hillbilly that enjoys sport shooting.

• October 12, 2010 at 3:15 pm

YAY FOR KIPPING LORI!! Sad I missed it!!

And thanks for the encouragement guys, I did blink back a few tears when I found out how close it was. 🙂

So, in true Eric form, I’m considering the Fort Worth marathon in five weeks.. it’s a flat Boston Qualifier. Not sure if my heart can handle that but.. hmm..

• October 12, 2010 at 3:31 pm

She was only about 15 yards away, you’re forgetting the scale factor.

In truth, that was very slow and deliberate shooting. Shooting faster looks only a little faster to the untrained eye, but sets one up for a miss that everyone can see.

Cooler was pinging the 8″ plate at 50 yards