Mobility WOD

Skill/Strength: Max weight Turkish Get Up
(I nominate Angie and Max Effort for this version of TGU)

4x800m Run
Two minute rest between runs

Post max TGU and run splits to comments.

Lori’s First Pullup – WAY TO GO LORI!!!

**********************************************************************************

What do you do for recovery?

“It’s taken me years to figure this out”, says three time 24 hour-solo-mountain biking champion Rebecca Rusch. “You can train like a world champion, but if you don’t recover like one, you’re not squeezing 100 percent of the benefit out of your workouts.”

Read more on rest vs. “active rest” on Core Performance.

RestWise is a new Web site that crunches 12 metrics, including resting heart rate, oxygen saturation, sleep, hydration, and muscle soreness, and then sends you a recovery score, telling you how much your body is ready to push itself again. The site is interesting because it quantifies your rest….but, do you really need a website to tell you when to rest?

Wednesday WOD, October 13, 2010

20 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, October 13, 2010

• October 12, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Lori!! you rock! way to go on the pull ups

• October 12, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Which one am I?

• October 12, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Tabata top score: 51 by Lucas

• October 13, 2010 at 7:09 am

TGU – 65lb
    800m x 4 – 18:40

Brent and Mark were flying this morning. It was also fun watching Ryan react to all the KBs getting slammed to the ground.

Acting pretty nonchalant after your first pull up there Lori. Makes me think you’ve been knocking out sets of 20 on your own.

• October 13, 2010 at 7:34 am

Congrats to Lori! It feels good to get the first one out of the way!!

• October 13, 2010 at 8:25 am

Awesome job Lori! You look great!

Ryan.. I’m SO sorry I dropped that KB, I was a little excited

So CF7 runners! Sign up for White Rock Half and Friends of the River 5K!

• October 13, 2010 at 8:41 am

TGU – 85lb (collapsed at the end)

800m x 4 -17:17 (Net 11:17)

Nice Lori!

Anybody running tomorrrow, or am I still a one man wolfpack?

• October 13, 2010 at 9:06 am

12:32 net and 53# TGU

• October 13, 2010 at 10:02 am

Fabulous time Brent! I’m proud of you, way to represent ECF7RRT! 😉 I won’t be running till maybe next week, sorry!

• October 13, 2010 at 10:23 am

So close to the perfect invention…

If they invent bacon vodka boobs then I won’t ever need to leave the house.

• October 13, 2010 at 12:47 pm

OMG!! ya’ll…..hysterical video….depicts the height of athleticism doesn’t it??!! O.K., O.K., didn’t look pretty, but sure felt good!! Told my family dinner at home tonight and a good movie….wait ’til “show time”?#**!! hahahaha

Anyhoo, Eric, I think you mean 13:40. I read your numbers at the 9:00 class…I even remember commenting “bet he’s proud of himself cuz he’s usually down on himself about running”. Did you subtract the 2 min rests?

Will have to admit when I saw the running thought about taking the day off, but SO glad I went. It was really quite enjoyable.

• October 13, 2010 at 1:16 pm

TGU 53# run 11:38 –

Rooster post WOD talk – what will Bo’s time be and will 11:17 by Frank the Tank hold up – also why won’t Walters learn to do a kipping pull up – Lori’ has masterd it – today Amy did her first real kipping pull ups –

ECF7RRT – I am out all next week

Bakon Vodka – wow – I think the world will be a little bit better now!!

• October 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Congrats AMY!!…think I just conquered one “official” PU…noticed “ups” plural for you…way to go!!

Paukune, as I was running, I did miss that Rooster strategy…”Can you win it on the first run?”…”Is the 3rd run where you should actually kick in?”…”Should you run closer to the gutter?”…”Should you run in the middle of the street for better leverage?”…”Should you cut across Angelo”s parking lot, swing out around the telephone pole or stay on the pedestrian sidewalk?”…”Long strides down the middle and quick steps around the curves?”…..jk

Faith, could I get more info on the Friends of the River 5k??

• October 13, 2010 at 2:10 pm

well, I lied a little, it’s 3.4 miles not a more regular 5K distance of 3.1? Is that right Brent?

• October 13, 2010 at 4:25 pm

13:16 not so good. and forget abt the weight
    on the TGU.. pathetic.
    Thanks Mark on great instructions for the PU’s
    now it’s just practice.
    Liked today’s WOD!
    I would be interested in the half at White Rock.

• October 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Top times for today.

1. 11:07 Nick S
    2. 11:17 Brent D
    3. 11:25 Bo F
    4. 11:25 Mark P

13;09 Summer R

Great job guys and girls!

• October 13, 2010 at 5:55 pm