Mobility WOD

Shoulder Press 3-3-3-3-3
Push Press 2-2-2-2-2
Push Jerk 1-1-1-1-1

followed by three attempts at max wattage rows

Compare to July 29. Post loads and row wattage to comments.

Twelve Days of CrossFit Christmas
On the first day of Christmas, my CrossFit gave to me….

A HERO AND A GIRL’S WEEK!

On the second day of Christmas, my CrossFit gave to me…….

(FINISH THE VERSE! Post to comments.)

******************************************************************************************************************
Want CrossFit Christmas Cards? Click here to place an order! You can also get Paleo themed Christmas cards from Cave Girl Cafe.

The survey indicated you all wanted more information on CrossFit equipment…we’ll talk about that over the next few days. Today, let’s talk jump ropes! Double unders show up from time to time in WODs, and the jump rope used can make all the difference. Of course, you have to have the DU technique, but there are some jump ropes that make getting the elusive double under down.

Buddy Lee makes great jump ropes! The ropes have a swivel bearing system in the handle that helps produce faster revolutions, making double unders a little bit easier. Click here to visit the online store. (These jump ropes are awesome – would highly recommend them!)

There are other jump ropes available online too:
Again Faster, Revolution Ropes
Garage Gym

Wednesday WOD, December 1, 2010

11 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, December 1, 2010

• November 30, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Manton’s WOD was really fun!! THANK YOU to Kristin for planning a fun WOD! I will post the WOD and pictures later this week!

A couple of people asked for the recipe for Baked Apples – it’s a fan favorite! I eyeball most of the ingredients, so this is more or less what I use:
    4 apples
    1 c. raisins
    1/4 c. nuts (walnuts, pecans – whatever you like)
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 c. water

Heat oven to 375. Slice apples and put in bowl with raisins, nuts, cinnamon and vanilla. Toss to coat apples. Pour into glass baking dish and pour water in pan. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.

• November 30, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Hey now – don’t talk trash about Buddy Lee – he is fine American jump rope expert

• December 1, 2010 at 5:38 am

Many thanks to Kriston for doing an outstanding job on both the planning and execution of Manton’s party.

Will have a neat video when I get back into town and get it edited together.

• December 1, 2010 at 7:29 am

I heard the Manton’s wod was a blast sorry I had to miss it

Press 135#
    Push Press 165#
    Jerk 195#

Row – 540

Best line of the Rooster class this morning “hell yea Walters can row he is f-ing Gumby”

• December 1, 2010 at 8:10 am

Verse…. second day of Christmas my CF gave to me…. a pair of blisters on my hands.

Good shoulder workout this morning.

• December 1, 2010 at 9:20 am

120#, 145#, 160#

700 – 731 wattage on 10 in rowing

actually the best line of Rooster class was Paukune (prepared to lift a foot from the rack) shouting “get off my board while i lift!’ he then proceeded to urinate in a big circle to mark his territory.

• December 1, 2010 at 11:05 am

Press – 185#
    Push Press – 245#
    Jerk – 275# ( failed at 300# )
    Row – 954

I think I was using Paukune’s space cause I did smell something funny!

• December 1, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Press 130#
    Push press 170# (PR)
    Jerk 175# (horrible tequnique)
    Row – 482…. Pathetic.

Fun workout. Oh yeah, nailed 2 more MUs post workout.

• December 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Took it easy bc form needs help.
    125, 155, 165, 696

• December 1, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Press (still) 75#

Push Press maybe 95#? I don’t think I ever got the form right

Jerk 130# (pr!) Go ahead Eric, tell them your press is more than my jerk 😛

You roosters are funny, I miss you guys!