Mobility WOD

Four rounds for time of:
400m Run
20 Squat Cleans (95lb./65 lb.)
20 Pullups

***************************************************************************************************************

CROSSFIT SEVEN CHRISTMAS PARTY!

When: Thursday, December 16
7 – 9 pm

Where: The Tavern on Hulen Street (in the former Snookies location)
2755 S. Hulen St

RSVP to comments if you will attend!

Get to know……Kristin Thompson!

How long have you been a CrossFitter? I started about 3 years ago and fell in love instantly!

What is your previous sports/fitness background? Played all the sports in high school (ok, it was mostly so I could go on the “away” games) and I have always liked to be moving.

What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? I love Annie because it’s skills I’m good at…double unders and sit ups (50, 40, 30, 20, 10)!

Least Favorite? My least favorite is Fran, but I love to hate it…I get so nervous for DAYS if I know she’s on the lineup for the week 🙂

Your Fran time? I’ve done 3 sub 5 minute Frans and can’t wait to break 4:45 next!

What athlete (CrossFit or otherwise) do you admire most and why?
I admire all the “original” CF girls…they took strength and speed training to a new level and showed the world that girls could be powerful and beautiful at the same time!

What do you hope to accomplish by doing CrossFit? I want to be strong enough to maintain a active lifestyle and not feel “old”. I’d love to be good enough to compete in a regional level event, but that is a long way off yet…

Do you train for a specific purpose (ie, another sport)? I think CrossFit is my sport…although I love to “play” anything! Brazilian Jui Jitsu is my new hobby along with indoor rock climbing which I do to help my CrossFit!

What are your CrossFit goals? MORE speed, strength, and power…

Do you paleo or zone? I like to paleo, but take some time to be tolerant of cravings when they strike. The longer I eat “clean” or paleo, the better I feel day to day and WOD to WOD…but it also makes my “cheat” days hurt more…I like that I can get to know what makes my body work better.

Would you rather do 100 burpees, 100 pullups or 100 squats? ouch…NOT burpees! I’d do the pullups, of course we used to do 75 burpees in order to earn a cheat day so I used to do a LOT of burpees.

What do you do when you are not at CrossFit? anything and everything! please invite me if you have an adventure planned…I really like to learn new skills and sports…I think we’re gonna do some kick ball next season, should be interesting!

Lifting shoes of Vibram five fingers? ummmm, I have lifting shoes that I love…but don’t run in them, it hurts 🙂

What is on your favorite CrossFit t-shirt? lots of sweat and chalk….I’d love a new CF7 shirt though!

How often do you take rest days? What do you do for recovery? Rest days?? What are those?? No really, I like to get 1-2 active rest days a week…it’s just so hard to stay away.

What is the best piece of advice you’d give a new CrossFitter? stick with it and you will learn more about your limits and push yourself farther and harder than you ever thought possible and you will gain a whole new family that will support you and challenge you every time you step foot in the gym:)

What CrossFit certs have you been to or hope to go to? I’ve done the level 1 cert (and recently the written test too!) and the Olympic lifting cert…which was awesome, by the way. I’d like to go to the Mobility cert…Kelly’s work has helped me a lot and I’d like to know more about how to realign what I tighten up every day!

If you could have dinner with three CrossFit all-stars, who would it be? all the CF7 members…or anyone that will tolerate my talking incessantly about crossfit.

What do you like best about CrossFit Seven? The people are just awesome…I’ve crossfitt’ed around the world and have visited many boxes, and we have a great “family” here at CF7….y’all rock!

Any other information you would like the world to know??? I can usually be talked into any WOD if it involves rounds with beer!

Friday WOD, December 10, 2010

14 thoughts on “Friday WOD, December 10, 2010

• December 10, 2010 at 7:55 am

Ended up doing 155# back squats instead of squat cleans. David, you disappointed me today. What the hell man, what the hell.

Air or aur squats later on today.

• December 10, 2010 at 9:31 am

WOD – 24:23

It was a long burner! I think I did two extra squat cleans for good measure.

I think the rollerskating failed due to lack of alcohol. There should be a huge turnout at the TAVERN!

• December 10, 2010 at 10:06 am

oh my gosh I HATE that video MAx Effort, yikes, it made my stomach sick just watching it!! man I hope I don’t have a nightmare about that..

22:45 65#, band

Always enjoy WODs with the Roosters..

I had weird trouble gripping those pull ups.

Eric you’re so funny. Yeah, so 100 air squats for time if anyone else wants to.

• December 10, 2010 at 10:19 am

E – sorry to disappoint.

• December 10, 2010 at 11:07 am

And great profile Kris! You’re a cool girl. 🙂

• December 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm

100 air squats 1:36. Not sure how it’s going to affect the afternoon WOD.

• December 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm

28:56 a slooooow rx – i hate this type of wod

David – I agree w Eric you just shouldn’t quit in the middle of a wod because you didn’t feel like doing the whole thing – maybe you should try Larry North – Eddie V’s isnt a reason either – the saying goes 3-2-1 go not 3-2-1 quit!!

TY congrats on your first RX wod –

• December 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Hey Ronin, beans poisonous…serious??I took the advice of a friend of mine diagnosed with cancer – prompted her research of anything and everything we can possibly do to avoid the dreaded disease. Attributes the slow digestion, lingering in intestines, etc., plus the dreaded hormones. She avoids eggs too, (use to eat the Omega additive ones), but I have my eggs w/avocado….I guess I’ve been thinking eggs and beans as my protein supplement. I do the veggies – all about paleo, just no beef or chicken. I’ll use this opp to push the coconut milk, water and also there’s coconut cream for coffee!!…takes a little getting use to, but it feels so good ditching the dairy. (O yeah, and once a week I consume one basket of Tres Jose’s chips.)

Course the lead that’s now in my body due to the Christmas ornament they fished out of my foot this morning probably did more damage than poisonous beans?*#**!!

I missed the WOD….David what happened??

• December 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Christmas Party sounds great!

Gasser this am.. 25:35 60lb band

• December 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm

1:33 100 air squats.. Killer after today’s WOD, ouch

• December 11, 2010 at 8:26 am

Lori,

Don’t want to be rude to your friend of course, but one must wonder what is passing for “research.”

Ketogenic diets have been and are being studied for, among other things, aid in the treatment of cancer:

Get yourself some yummy organic beans at Whole Foods. Soak them to your hears content then eat them raw. Experience the love.

Oh, don’t plan anything for the next few days.

• December 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm

lori – i could have slept in and nursed my vino hangover from a big client dinner or get up and take some grief and sweat a little. after thefirst round I did sets with 10 reps instead of 20 while tasting thebananas foster from the night before. that isnt a paleo dessert by the way. i hope nothing happens really tragic in eric’s life cause he wont be able to hold it together and PauKune is just a pot stirrer. just another morning in the chickenshit coop. all good.

• December 12, 2010 at 2:23 pm