Mobility WOD

Three rounds for time of:
50 Wallballs
20 Pullups
400m Run

*************************************************************************************************************

CF7 Christmas Party!

Please let us know if you are planning on attending and how many people you will bring!
We HAVE to get 40 people there! RSVP to comments today!!

“Paleo January” is on the way! Are you in?

In January, we’ll talk Paleo, provide recipes and tips to help you get started and keep you on the right track. 30 days of eating clean…what does it mean for you? My friend Paul describes Paleo this way: “You have the ability to eat as much as you want of meat, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables. It’s not too hard.. just eat until you are full of good high quality nutrient sources… keep away from all the other junk.” Paul’s advice for a new Paleo-er is, “Don’t focus on the things you can’t have. Think of what you can have!”

Paleo may sound complicated, but it’s really simple. Eat meat and vegetables, and you are eating Paleo. I promise if you commit to January Paleo, you will feel better than you ever have. Your workout times will improve, and you will see improvements in your recovery. You will also see just how food affects your body and your moods, and you will be amazed at how in tune you become with food and your body.

A tip to get you started…if you are in, go all in. Start cutting out things slowly now, and in January, it will be much easier for you! And, if it all is overwhelming, not to worry – you have lots of Paleo-ers around CF7 to help you out and answer questions. We’ll break it all down for you over the next two months….for now, all you have to do is commit. Who’s in?

Here’s a recipe to get you started for breakfast – Nutty Cereal
1 c. almonds
1 apple
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 c. water

Puree all ingredients in a blender. Put in pan, bring to boil, and reduce temperature. Simmer five minutes. Serve. Makes 2 -3 servings.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my CrossFit gave to me….

FIVE FIGHT GONE BADS!
Four Clean and Jerks,
Three Deadlifts,
Two Muscle Ups, and
A HERO AND A GIRL’S WEEK!

Tuesday WOD, December 7, 2010

9 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, December 7, 2010

• December 6, 2010 at 8:30 pm

count me in for the skate party

• December 7, 2010 at 9:37 am

I’ll be at the Xmas party

• December 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I’m coming to the Christmas party!! I am an excellent roller skater! 🙂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Terri!!!!!

• December 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Party’s on the calendar!!

• December 7, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I can’t make the party due to work.

• December 7, 2010 at 6:51 pm

A word of caution to the January paleo-ers. Though it is nice to be “able” to eat as much as you want because you are eating quality food, you are still consuming calories. I did paleo for at least 1 1/2 months and did the consume as much as you want route. By the end I was 8 pounds heavier than when I started the diet. It’s very true that you will experience more energy than any other diet. Mainly because you are not having any big insulin spikes and subsequent crashes. I would highly encourage a diet that is HEAVY on vegetables. This is what you want to fill you, not the nuts, seeds, and meats. I have found that bulk cooking is the best way and easiest way to follow paleo and I think Kristen would agree.

I plan on doing this with all who do it so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hopefully we can have a couple of group dinners that are exclusively paleo so that newcomers can see what it’s like.

My two cents.

• December 7, 2010 at 7:44 pm

17:48 rx
    Fun workout

• December 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Nick-
    I think you are on to something with your Paleo post. My experience is that I can eat about as much as I want, but I am also strict on the paleo and not trying to lose weight. What I have noticed with me is my appetite is appropriate to my needs. I think this is due to the benefit of paleo eating.

However, if you are doing it to lose weight, then no “diet” is going to work if you are eating a ton, no matter how healthy the food. So, I think common sense says, define your goals and adjust as necessary. With anyone thinking of trying paleo, I cannot stress enough the importance of reading Robb Wolf’s book. You will find it to be a very easy read (except one chapter) and he is funny too, so thats a bonus.

Good luck future paleo’ers.

• December 8, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Yay for skating! Great invite Amie!

Thanks for the Paleo help guys, I’m kinda looking forward to it. 🙂