Mobility WOD

21-15-9
Sumo deadlift high pull (95 lb./65 lb.)
Wall ball
Overhead squat

Etiquette 101

If you are not familiar with gym etiquette, check out this flowchart.….haha, I’m only kidding. Gym etiquette in a CrossFit box is pretty different from etiquette in a globo gym, and there are a couple of things I wanted to discuss today.

Rule #1: Re-rack your weights.

When you finish with WOD, please put your weights away. Pretty please do not leave the gym without putting everything you used away. When multiple people leave the gym without putting their weights up, your coaches end up putting it all away (which is no fun).

Rule #2: Post on the blog.
This rule is unique to CrossFit gyms and their blogs! I have heard several of you say how much time you spend online each day reading the blog and comments. However, there are only a handful of people who post consistently. If you read the blog, POST on it! The conversations in the comments are part of the fun and spirit of our gym!!

I know posting at first is a little scary…I’ve been there. But, if you are shacking up with the blog and just reading and not posting, it’s time to commit. POST TO COMMENTS. Your posts give you a voice, and it also helps me to know that not only are people reading our blog, I also discover new topics for future posts. Start posting.

What are your gym etiquette do’s and don’ts?

*****************************************************************************************************************
Cody and I were talking about bacon on Saturday. Bacon may be the world’s most perfect food because you can add it to anything, and it makes it better. Bacon is so great, Food Network did a whole show on the “Best Thing I Ever Ate” all about bacon. Cody told me about a place in Dallas that serves bacon in EVERYTHING. I tried to find out where this slice of heaven is, with no luck, but I did find bacon is in the news almost as much as Charlie Sheen….

Bacon is a gateway meat for vegetarians, NPR

Bacon Backlash, Wall Street Journal

Everything is better with bacon

Monday WOD, March 7, 2011

23 thoughts on “Monday WOD, March 7, 2011

• March 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Rule #1: Beat Cody and make him re-rack your weights!

• March 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm

We don’t advocate violence round here Nick.

• March 7, 2011 at 8:38 am

Down goes the WODfatha, Down goes the WODfatha!!!

who cut his achilles and sent him in to stop, drop and roll mode? then he COBRAs up when offered help. I know it was a professional hit. Sank was conspicuously absent today?

11:10 at 85# – tough time keeping the shoulders activated.

• March 7, 2011 at 9:42 am

12:26 RX
    Nice to be back

• March 7, 2011 at 10:00 am

Sankary is slowly transitioning to the 9 am class so that he can spend more time with Hodnett.

• March 7, 2011 at 10:42 am

8:37. I have been missing Sank lately too. Found him at his new hangout. Firebase Apache. Great place!

• March 7, 2011 at 11:14 am

85# w 16# med ball – 9:05 – fell twice –

“COBRA up” like the term (kinda reminds me of the movie 8 Seconds – “Cowboy Up” ..the dumbest line or the movie “Dodge Ball”) David should your new name be White Goldman????

Felton, Rudy, House….a few new Roosters this morning

• March 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm

David,
    There is a rumor you showed up at Firebase Apache in running tights ONLY! You might need a legal consultation with Luke. I think you might be violating numerous criminal laws by doing so. Please tell me you just “forgot” to put on shorts.

• March 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

my attire was suitable for a cold weather workout. Had FB Apache had space heaters like CF7 or any normal box then i might have shown up in my pastel Lulu Lemons.

• March 7, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Hey folks,

As the resident CF7 Cajun, I’d like to invite you guys over to the house tomorrow night (Mardi Gras) for eats and beer. I just returned from Louisiana this past weekend, brought back a real king cake (most definitely NOT paleo), brought back plenty of beads if you feel the urge to try some on, and I can boil up some shrimp and provide some Louisiana brew. Just real casual, come in your workout clothes, whatever. I have a grill if you want to bring something over, and just hang out on the deck. Supposed to rain but clear up by night.

I live in the Ridglea Hills area, about 15 mins from CF7, about 10 from TCU (I’m actually close to the GSX facility, and a block away from Ridglea Hills CC). 4001 Tamworth 76116, white two-story house at the corner of Tamworth and Floyd streets that’s only half full of furniture, because, well, divorces have a way of making furniture vanish. Let’s meet post workout, say 7-7:30.

I believe Kristin will send out a text blast on it too. My cell is 214-235-2457 if you’re interested text Kristin our Social Coordinator or me. Kids welcome.

• March 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm

15:04. Posted to help class participation grade. Rx

• March 7, 2011 at 6:40 pm

7:21.

Quad burner.

• March 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm

More difficult than I thought it would be.

• March 7, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Karli did the WOD today here at Crossfit Mobile Strike-force Paranoia:

9:46 Rx+ (20 lb wall ball). She thought about using the lighter ball, but realized that is what Angie would do.

Then after a rest she did set a PR in her Back Squat of 185lb.

• March 7, 2011 at 8:00 pm

9:54 NOT rx (85#). Overhead squats kick(ed) my ass. I’ll be at the 6am class on Wed and probably tomorrow as well if anyone wants to join (I like the WOD). Nice to be missed…

PS I’m pissed that I wasn’t there for PAU-KUNE’s spill

• March 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm

11:53 not Rx
    I have a love hate relationship with OHS.

• March 7, 2011 at 8:22 pm

10:04 Rx
    ouch OHS suck still.

Can’t wait for the party tomorrow night…everybody come enjoy the night!

If I don’t have your number yet for the txt’s and you want me to have it…catch up with me and get on my list’o cf7 crew

• March 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm

oh yeah, Ryan asked for the new paleo pancake recipe…

3 bananas
    2 eggs (I actually used three today)
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/4 cup coconut flakes
    1/4 cup almond butter

I mix the “wet” ingredients in the blender then hand mix the “flour” into it…yummy!

• March 7, 2011 at 9:10 pm

9:09 RX good times
    Doc Nick, why the no show? If you’re scared, just say you’re scared. I’ll take you to church!

• March 7, 2011 at 10:16 pm

9:40 with 85lbs. It was nice to lift again. Not sure shoulder is still right. I too am glad Sank is back at 6 since I will have a ride again. Walters, please don’t show up in tights. That image is burned into my brain and I am afraid I might not recover.

• March 8, 2011 at 5:36 am

8:57 with 55 lbs. Then an additional 90 overhead squats as penance for not going all the way down. Ryan, could you give feedback while mistakes are being made rather than after? Would be much appreciated.