Mobility WOD
Gymnastics WOD

“ANGIE’S BIRTHDAY FIGHT GONE BAD!!”

Three rounds of:

Kettlebell swing (53 lb./35 lb.)
Box jump, 20″ box
Burpees
Rest two minutes
Deadlifts (115 lb./75 lb.)
Squat cleans (115 lb./75 lb.)
Sit-ups
Rest one minute

In this workout you do max reps for one minute in that station, then move to the next station to do max reps for the next minute, and so on. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a nine-minute round, with one two minute break in the middle, and a one minute break at the end of each round before you move on to the next round. On call of “rotate”, the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep.

Add your points and post them to comments.

*****************************************************************************************************************

My sister introduced me to this site, A Year of Slow-Cooking, where the lady made every meal in a crock pot for an entire year. GENIUS! I love my crock pot mostly because you can dump everything in it in the morning, and when dinner time rolls around, viola!, you have a meal ready to go. I browsed through some of the recipes and found this one – loved it!

A-1 and Dijon Steak

INGREDIENTS:
4-6 steak (or a hunk of tri-tip you cut into 4-6 steaks)
2 T A-1 sauce
2 T dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine

METHOD:
1. Combine the A-1 steak sauce and the dijon mustard in a little bowl
2. Paint the sauce mixture on all sides of each piece of meat
3. Place the meat into your crockpot
4. Pour in the 1/4 cup of white wine
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

**I discovered if I eat it with worcestershire sauce, it’s beyond yummy!!

I served the steak with roasted cauliflower:

INGREDIENTS
1 head of cauliflower
2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely minced
Lemon juice from half a lemon
Olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese (I omitted this!)

METHOD
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish. Toss in the garlic. Sprinkle lemon juice over cauliflower and drizzle each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If the oven hasn’t reached 400°F yet, set aside until it has.
2 Place casserole in the hot oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown. Test with a fork for desired doneness. Fork tines should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower. Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Friday WOD, May 6, 2011

13 thoughts on “Friday WOD, May 6, 2011

• May 6, 2011 at 6:56 am

Left my jump rope at the box(black handles+metal rope). If anyone feels compelled to use it I ask that you use it indoors.

• May 6, 2011 at 7:11 am

Props to Karli for her first Muscle Up’s yesterday, and with no kipp.

Also a PR on Power Clean 145#

Great coaching from Andrew as well.

• May 6, 2011 at 7:13 am

Happy Birthday Angie, this is the youngest you’ll be for the rest of your life.

• May 6, 2011 at 7:53 am

409 Rx

I have to clear something up. So I dropped in for the 6am class this morning. We all know they are proud of their name “Roosters.” Here is my due diligence report.

Eric was there but didn’t do the WOD. Claims he was injured or something lame like that. Whatever. Dike started throwing out excuses right when he walked in about being hung over. Right. Pau-Kune wasn’t even there!

On top of that, there wasn’t ANY music playing until I finally went over and put on some proper metal.

We are constantly bombarded on the blog about all that goes on with the Roosters (from a very vocal few), but after this morning, I think they should rename their class to the Peacocks.

• May 6, 2011 at 8:02 am

382 Rx

Happy Birthday Angie!

Bo – the Roosters don’t share their rituals with outsiders. When we choose to accept you then you will understand. You know it’s kind of the way we think of aggies, we can’t understand them from the outside.

• May 6, 2011 at 8:07 am

That’s big talk from a guy who got beat by a guy who was giving excuses.

• May 6, 2011 at 10:20 am

364 I think

Hahahahaha good one Bo 🙂

Happy Birthday Angie!! My birthday is tomorrow! Yay for May!!

• May 6, 2011 at 10:39 am

Thanks Angie – that hurt! Happy Bithday!

425

Bo – The new name for the Roosters is Tiger Blood!

• May 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Anything over 426 for this wod is great. Under that is slightly embarrassing if you have been doing CF for a long time.

And Bo, don’t rip on the Peacocks, their rituals like incessant no counts and quarter range of motion movements are sacred to them.

Happy BDAY Angie!!! Love you all, see u Sat morning maybe.

• May 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Funny that some mock what they don’t understand –

• May 6, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Anyone who has ever spent time on a farm knows that Roosters (peacocks) wake up early, make a lot of noise and then spent the rest of the day not being about shit. I’m just sayin.

Bo, wins trophies for his gameface alone
    Kyle once killed a man in reno because it was in accordance with the uniform code of military justice.
    And Cody, hell, he’s your huckleberry…….

• May 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm

400 rx. Heal quickly Fitness Lokey For tomorrows WOD. Good effort Angie. Happy birthday.

• May 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

You know…even though I’ve been a 9 o’clocker recently and joined in on some 4 p.m.’rs lately, I’ll always be an “OR” !! Btw, Paukune, I’ve missed your strategy about what part of the workout really wins it. However, these comments raise my curiousity…. is Bo an Aggie??…would have never thought it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE!! WHEN I GROW UP I WANT YOUR BODY!! ENJOY YOUR DAY, BLESSINGS FOR ALL THE YEARS TO COME. YOU’RE MY HERO.