15 minutes to find max Power Clean

50 Overhead Squats for time (95/65 lb.) with 5 pullups on the minute every minute.

Post power clean max and metcon time to comments.

*********************************************************************************************************

From CrossFit Lisbeth, Words of the Day: CrossFitisms

When life hands you lemons . . . get them off the mats, you’re going to slip on those things.

If you don’t have something nice to say . . . you must be in the middle of the warm-up. Holy sh**.

Life’s like a box of chocolates . . . but who eats that crap anymore? Sugar’s gonna kill ya.

The early bird . . . is in the 6am class.

Stupid is as stupid does . . . but that can be kinda fun.

Every cloud has a silver lining . . . but those Nike Romaleos have metal in them. Sweet.

Easy come, easy . . . must be at the globo-gym because it sure as hell is not here.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Because CrossFitters weren’t around then.

A quitter never wins and a winner never . . . drops an unloaded bar. Ever.

We’ll cross that bridge when . . . it’s on the 400m sprint. Otherwise, f*** that.

The bigger they come, the harder they . . . drop that deadlift.

The tough get going when . . . they get to Regionals.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. (Oh wait, we don’t have to change that one.)

Thursday WOD, May 26, 2011

10 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, May 26, 2011

• May 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I am GIDDY over this WOD! WOO HOO! Way to go Ryan!

For those of you who haven’t ever experienced a WOD of “for time, but every minute on the minute do___”, a word of advice: Do as many OHS as you can before the first minute is up. Once pullups enter the equation, things can slow down really quickly. 50 reps is very manageable, just do as many as possible in the first 60 seconds.

• May 26, 2011 at 8:00 am

At breakfast this morning there were a couple of guys that had never seen my favorite youtube video of all time. I guess we just don’t understand all the passion and hard work it takes to organize a major online video game assault.

Here it is. Leeeeroy Jeeenkins!

• May 26, 2011 at 8:20 am

i love leeeroy!

175# on power clean; 195# on hang clean

• May 26, 2011 at 8:21 am

5:53 on metcon; i suggest you take amie’s advice. doing an extra round of pull ups sucks.

• May 26, 2011 at 9:14 am

Leeroy is genius. When I first saw that about 5 years ago, I’ll never forget – this girl walks into my office and is wondering why I’d fallen out of the chair and was laying on the ground fetal, unable to breathe, tears. I know a lot of gamers, which made it so damn funny.

“We got ’em we got ’em . . . “

• May 26, 2011 at 5:41 pm

power clean 245# PR

OHS metcon: 1:56

• May 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm

pc 215

metcon 4:41

• May 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm

225 power clean
    I wonder why Cody wasn’t around for this WOD

• May 27, 2011 at 6:08 am

I’m new to this blogging idea. PC #235 which is a PR for me, but I still need to shake the bad habits I developed in high school. 2:47 metcon