Three rounds for time of:

800m Run
20 Back extensions
30 Sit-ups
100 Double unders

The USDA announced the new food guidelines last week, moving away from the food pyramid and changing to a dinner plate theme:

Of course, everyone has their own version of what should go on the plate:

What do you think?

****************************************************************************************************

Saturday Night Live spoofed the PSAs from the corn syrup industry:

Thursday WOD, June 9, 2011

15 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, June 9, 2011

• June 9, 2011 at 7:39 am

23:25 with 200 singles each round

• June 9, 2011 at 7:51 am

Good workout this morning. 21.25rx.

Mr. Pearson was missed this morning, and so were his cheating pushes ups. Sorry buddy but your 12 rounds of RX yesterday didn’t count! No one likes a cheater and when your cheating, your just cheating yourself. hahahahahahaha. SUCK IT!!!!

• June 9, 2011 at 8:10 am

Ok Arnold first thing I know you didn’t learn this at Tech but it’s “you’re cheating, you’re just” not “your cheating, your just”! So I didn’t want you thinking that you RX’d that trash talking you just did. Secondly, I’ll be glad to redo the work out and you can count my reps! Lastly that’s about 12 rounds more than you did!!!! HAHA SUCK IT!!!!!

• June 9, 2011 at 8:18 am

Wow you finally beat me in something, grammar! And if you are really going to start talking trash about Texas Tech. Didn’t they beat you when you played football for TCU??? And what I mean by you playing football, is the guy that never scored a touchdown and only had a total of 3 catch for 4 years and a total of 4 yards… That’s what I thought! Fitness Lokey wins again. Hahaha.

• June 9, 2011 at 8:56 am

Ryan P’s WOD for Friday:

“Lokey Dies”

6 rounds of beat the crap out of Fitness Lokey with 1 minute of rest between rounds

Shupe’s thoughts on the WOD: each round should inflict greater amounts of pain than the previous round. Also control your breathing.

• June 9, 2011 at 9:12 am

I’m liking where David is going with this, this shouldn’t be a tough one to RX lol!!!

To answer Fitness Lokey’s question yes Tech did beat the only TCU team with a losing record in the last decade, but Im not even going to acknowledge your trash talking about playing any sports until you can produce a high school letter jacket or better yet a pee wee trophy that show’s proof you’ve ever played a sport. RX Ryan out!!!!!! hahaha

• June 9, 2011 at 9:36 am

I love how the two no count guys team up together. David the only difference between you and Pearson is that he doesn’t throw his gloves and stomp off when he gets called out on it. Hopefully you will bring your new no count partner a matching pair tomorrow.

RX Pearson (hahahahahahaha) – You know if you started Crossfit about 6 months ago you might have been in better shape and made it on the Bachelorette TV show. Too bad you went through all the trouble of making a video of yourself and sending it in and then getting rejected by the producers. Just another loss for RX PEARSON!!!! Hahahahahahaha.

• June 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

Folks, I felt like it was important to share this information with you guys, because a lot of us are just not doing things right, especially with the way we rep scheme our dumbbell curls and trap raises.

If we could get Ryan S to quit being so cheap and install some mirrors, we could all really improve our exercise form too.

P.S. I love the fact that part of that web address is “experts”

• June 9, 2011 at 9:55 am

Haha ok ill give you a win on that one it was good, only no video was ever made let’s get that straight right now before you start libeling my name on the internet!

Before you start ripping on david’s gloves don’t you wear some girl weight lifting shoes hahahah? Don’t be acting all manly if you can’t even wear a pair of “MAN’S” shoes. Get it right it’s RX Ryan and Im out!

• June 9, 2011 at 10:15 am

Weight lifting shoes????? Dont own a pair. So if thats all you got then I guess I win again. Nice try rx Pearson. hahaha.

• June 9, 2011 at 11:15 am

You two should trade email addresses so you can flirt with each other in private…

• June 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

Whisky –

You obviosly enjoy it. Do you troll here every day without posting?

• June 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Yeah Whisky, thats creepy. It kinda turns me on though.

Just like every Thursday at 5, I am coaching. Anyone that wants oly lifting help come early or stay late, I will be there.

Todays unofficial strength wod – Jerk Technique work, then front squat doubles to max.

• June 9, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I liked Andrews idea of cutting the WOD down to a to a beat down METCOM as opposed to a long cardio.

Hey John L, does the sperminator pic in avatar look seem a bit dated given current events? Maybe this would be better:

• June 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I had to double check it wasn’t little Eric and Faith going back and forth.