Skill:
Pose Running

WC:
For time:

800m Run
30 Clean and Jerks (135 lb./95 lb.)
800m Run

MWOD:

Do any of the shoulder MWODs we’ve been working on, in addition to MWOD 249 for the running!

Post WC time to comments.

**************************

CrossFit.com put together this video that describes the history of the CrossFit Games, as well as where the Games are headed….good stuff!

From CrossFit.com —this is Reebok’s World Headquarters!

**************************

I heard about this video last week from the Southern California Regionals…Heather Scaglione dislocated her shoulder during the “Amanda” WOD (muscle-ups and snatches), then used the pull-up bar to pop her shoulder back in place. Heather was competing for a top spot in the Games (she finished her Regionals in 5th place), and despite her injury, she chose to continue to compete.

This video shows her next WOD, where she completed the movements with essentially one arm…..

“Heart” withΒ Heather Scaglione – video [wmv] [mov]

Heather showed great determination for wanting to compete and finish what she started. I think it’s easy to say, “I’d never do that”, but if you were competing for a spot to go to California, would you be able to walk away?

Wednesday WOD, June 29, 2011

20 thoughts on “Wednesday WOD, June 29, 2011

• June 29, 2011 at 7:58 am

13:36 w/ 115# Great WOD. I’ll use more weight next time

• June 29, 2011 at 8:06 am

13:05 Rx – still sweating

• June 29, 2011 at 9:47 am

12:58 the 2nd 800 run sucks.

• June 29, 2011 at 11:56 am

Hi guys – so I know you are all worried about me and wondering where I have been. At least, it’s nice to THINK I’ve been missed. πŸ˜‰ I’m not a slacker, just so you know.. in fact, I’ve been walking around on a badly fractured foot for six weeks now. Darn those vibrams.

My first x ray (six weeks ago) didn’t show the break, but the doctor confirmed the fracture today and gave me a boot and crutches – I have to wear the boot to bed etc for the next 2-3 weeks. Then hopefully just the boot for a few weeks, then hopefully I can start putting weight on it again. Bad thing is it’s my right foot so I can’t drive (yikes, is it possible to learn to drive with my left foot??).

Any advice/encouragement from anyone who’s worn a boot/crutches etc. would be greatly appreciated. πŸ˜‰

So, that’s the Faith update. Miss you guys – keep killing it.

• June 29, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Faith – that really sucks! Get well and come see the Roosters!

WC – 10:46

• June 29, 2011 at 2:05 pm

14:40. Glad to be back in the gym. Working out at home is LONELY.
    Faith, man that is a bummer! You need to talk to Amie. I bet she has a list of things to do!

• June 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm

13:10 Rx — 800m continues to defeat me, the 2nd run was ugly

• June 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm

For time:
    800m Run
    30 ground to overhead 135 lb
    800m Run

• June 29, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Great group there this morning! I love the encouragement, competition, and sense of “family” we have at CF7…you guys rock!

14:14 rx
    Thanks for letting me handicap you with 10 extra pounds Angie, it’s the only way I can beat you πŸ˜‰

• June 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm

16:29 with 85#

so close to RX πŸ™‚

• June 29, 2011 at 4:30 pm

11:18 rx
    I spared form for faster time and my back is killing me. BUT AMIE, my pride is still intact. On a side note I think I shit blood, damn you clean and jerks

• June 29, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Faith, try adding heels to the boot, the steeper the better.
    Everyone else, thank you for babysitting for Karli while I was out at my job-interivew/mother’s day out. Came back to find Paukune’s boy asleep, facedown in front of a fan. Ryan was face up on the couch, also asleep, all doors wide open.
    Both sitters were highly recommended.

• June 29, 2011 at 6:24 pm

15:38 rx or something like that, disappointing because I spent a good minute to two minutes pacing the alley after the lifts trying not to vomit, then having to run on that. Apparently the heat was a factor, surprisingly enough.

Huge fan of the run technique. Came in at 3:15 on the first 800 without breathing heavy. A big day for Mr 8-minute mile here.

• June 29, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I tweaked my back a bit on Monday, so I modified today’s WOD to more 800m runs and wallballs – it was a good call because my back, though it doesn’t hurt, definitely isn’t feeling the weights yet.

Cody-
    Pride comes before the fall…..be careful, because you might fall and can’t get up…

Faith-
    Take it easy girl! The weights, 800m runs, HSPU, etc. will all be here when you get back!

• June 29, 2011 at 7:50 pm

15:22 rx; second 800 was a killer

• June 29, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Great work to everyone who did todays WOD.

-Faith, I know its tough being injured but in the big picture its a small amount of time. This to shall pass.

• June 29, 2011 at 8:38 pm

3rd day in a row for me for the first time in a year and a half. Really sore from Monday and am still having trouble moving my arms. Great, today’s WOD is heavy (for me anyway) C&J. Awesome! I didn’t actually look at the clock but knowing about what my runs were, Grace took over 9 minutes. 16:27 Rx. At least I am confronting my weakness. at least it wasn’t hot. Oh, wait……

• June 30, 2011 at 9:05 am

THanks so much for the encouragement guys, it helps. πŸ™‚ Great advice Andrea, my heel feels much more stable!

• June 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Faith, I’ve had a stress fracture since late May and was in a boot until Tuesday. It sucks, there’s no way around that. Try padding the inside of the boot and always wear a sock…that helps the smell! Where is your fracture and how big is it? I don’t know why you would have to sleep in the boot? I know a good PT if you need one when you get better :). Hang in there! Oh…and mine was the right too…I drove with my left foot πŸ˜‰

• July 1, 2011 at 10:59 am

Harper, thank you so much for the tips! Yikes, how did you get a stress fracture and where was it? I least they got you in a boot right away – I’ve already been out six weeks and now at least another month :-/

My fracture is on top of my foot, in the middle – my second toe bone I guess. Sleeping in a boot is a beating, you don’t think I need to!? πŸ˜€

Good to know it’s ok to drive left footed – I’m good at it now. πŸ˜‰

Thanks again!