“Helen-Grace”

For time:

“Helen”
Three rounds for time of:
400m Run
21 Kettlebell swings (53 lb./35 lb.)
12 Pull-ups

30 Clean and jerks for time (135 lb./95 lb.)

*****************************************************************************************************

Just when you thought double unders were tough….. (fast forward to about 1:36)

Competition Season is HERE!!

The CrossFit Games start Friday!
The most elite CrossFitters are gathering to compete to find out who is the best! Watch it live online starting Friday!

Saturday, August 6, CrossFit Seven Olympic Lifting Contest
We will host our inaugural CrossFit Seven Olympic Lifting Competition. It’s an in-house contest, and everyone is encouraged to participate! Be there at 9 am to warm-up, and lifting will begin at approximately 9:30 am. You will have 30 minutes to complete your max snatch, followed by a brief intermission, and then find your max clean and jerk. Come lift and have fun!

Saturday, August 13, Europa
Europa is coming to Dallas! It’s a free competition, open to all “general CrossFitters”. If you want more information or are interested in registering, click here. (Registration will close soon –if you are interested in registering, do it ASAP!)

Saturday, August 20, CrossFit Sports Series, Austin
The CrossFit Sports Series WOD SUP Event presented by Hobie Stand Up Paddleboards is a chance to check out the latest craze called Stand Up Paddleboarding. It won’t take long for first time paddlers to get hooked with the sport as our experts will offer pointers and guidance on the water. After that, you’ll be put to the test with a wet and wild WODwith a little bit of SUP thrown in-a day not to be missed. Entry fee ($40) includes equipment provided by Hobie, competition CrossFit style, lunch & beverages and commemorative Sports Series gear.

Saturday, August 27, CrossFit 817 WOD Cup Challenge
Details are coming soon for this event! It will be a team WOD challenge at CrossFit 817, located in Keller.

Saturday, August 27, Barbells for Boobs (Mammograms in Action), Oklahoma City
This is a free event that raises money through donations for Mammograms in Action. The WOD is a partner WOD: Helen Meets Grace. Each team gets one pull up bar, 1 kettle bell and one barbell. Team completes Helen, then completes Grace afterwards. They can tag in and out but both athletes must complete the 400 meter runs in Helen. Score is total time it takes the team to complete both workouts. Register here.

Monday WOD, July 25, 2011

21 thoughts on “Monday WOD, July 25, 2011

• July 24, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Amie asked me to give my take on the wods this week…so here it goes:
    ouch, two great “girls” back to back…this should be fun.
    I know, I know it is a sick kind of fun to look forward to pain, but if you’ve never done Helen or Grace you will see what I mean tomorrow. Kettlebell swings followed by pull ups will rip your hands to shreds if you don’t plan well. I would recommend taping and/or using chalk and a towel to dry between each round or as often as you can. There is no way around the slippage on the bar, but tape around the webbing of your hands and maybe the base of your thumbs for the clean and jerks in Grace to prevent the rips or keep them to a minimum. If you’ve never done a full Helen or a full Grace, scale, scale, scale! The rep count alone is enough to make this workout a smoker, so don’t get wrapped around the RX on this one. Make a steady effort and chip away at it. On their own, each wod is supposed to be a fast effort, training the short energy systems, but when you do them in a row, you are training more endurance so prepare your mind for a longer workout. As always, drink plenty of water thru the day, cause with this 100+ weather, you won’t make it if you start this wod dehydrated. That’s all from me. I look forward to seeing your times tomorrow!

• July 24, 2011 at 9:13 pm

THANK YOU KRISTIN!!! Look for Kristin’s posts this week to find out strategies behind the WODs and any details you might want to know from a veteran CrossFitter (I figured this was better than a list of terms, right??)

I just finished all of the posts for the week and have them scheduled. I’m giddy about the WODs this week – going to be such a fun week, CANNOT WAIT!

Grace is one of my favorites (big surprise). I’m looking forward to this duo in the am!

• July 25, 2011 at 7:34 am

18:35 rx – tried to leave myself enough energy for Grace but I was still gassed

• July 25, 2011 at 8:30 am

been in colorado so i dreaded the return; not mentally prepared for 2 chicks today either

finished helen Rx and then picked up the 135# for Grace and it wouldnt move. shed to 95# should have done 115#.
    17:29 but subtracted a minute 16:29 due to my wussyfication.

• July 25, 2011 at 8:39 am

20:57 RX

My body still hurts 3 hours later.

• July 25, 2011 at 9:00 am

15:50 – Great way to start the week. Can’t wait to see what all Amie is excited about! Do I need to go 5 days this week?

• July 25, 2011 at 9:15 am

Two girls usually seems better then it turns out to be. With this hot combo we’re gonna exhaust our posterior chain THEN do 30 CJ’s for time? Sounds like a great invitation to a Crossfit back wreck.

• July 25, 2011 at 10:37 am

I hope everyday this week the WOD is two benchmarks combo-ed. I have some suggestions:

Tuesday = “Kelly” + “Murph”

Wednesday = “Fran” + “Heavy Fran”

Thursday = “Any two HERO wods combined” – your choice

Friday = “filthy 50” + “Barbara”

• July 25, 2011 at 11:08 am

I bruised my foot pretty bad a couple of days ago, and it’s really sore, so I opted for “rowing Helen + Grace”, which was not a great idea. Ryan warned me it would be rough on my back, and by mid-Grace, I discovered he was right. I almost quit….29:29 (95# on Grace). I got through Helen ok, but I had a really hard time finding a good rhythm on any of it. I was pretty sure I was going to throw up afterwards, and I laid on the mat long enough that I almost fell asleep :). This was a lot tougher than I anticipated it would be…

Dike-yes, you need to come everyday this week!

The WODs coming are REALLY great! Some will be more challenging than others, and I encourage everyone to try them – don’t cherry pick to leanfit or runfit just because the main WOD looks like it might break you 🙂

• July 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

Two chicks at the same time. How can LeanFit possibly compete with that?

• July 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm

My first two on one. Tough stuff but definitely memorable.
    Helen + Grace: did 43lb kettlebell and 115# CJ: 20:39
    I think my wife might get jealous.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Ahh. The allure of two girls. Then reality sets in and you realize you just got prison raped.
    19:26 (Rx on Helen, 115 on Grace)

I wonder what it is like to do these wods in the comfort of 80 degree weather?!?!

• July 25, 2011 at 5:14 pm

injured 🙁 … two girls is hard to pass up. but must listen to body…. body says “no” …. my crossfit penis says “yes”

• July 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm

1632… Rx Helen… 115# on Grace.

• July 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm

12:40 rx on Helen, not great

Enough of a beat down for me, I passed on Grace

• July 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm

23:52 rx
    pretty solid beating!!

• July 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Skipped Helen and did Grace for the first time. First 12 reps at 135# and the remainder at 125# in 9:40.

• July 25, 2011 at 7:57 pm

1735 rx’d, very brutal. Wanted to say thanks to cf7 for good wods and good people to wod with. Till next time!

• July 26, 2011 at 10:30 am

18:56 rx

This work out was brutal, I had nothing in the tank after helen despite my efforts to save some