Skill:
How to “miss”/bail when a lift goes bad.

Strength:
2 Power cleans (body weight) every minute on the minute for 10 minutes

WC:
Three rounds for time of:

15 Burpees
50 Double-unders

MWOD:

MWOD 280

Post WC time to comments.
*********************************************************************

Summertime in Texas means it’s going to be HOT (too hot to cook in the house!) and there will be plenty of time to fire up the grill!
My all-time favorite steak marinade recipe, Carols Completely Fabulous Steak Marinade and Grilled Tri-Tip Recipe

100 Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Food Network

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Taste of Home

Thursday WOD, July 14, 2011

12 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, July 14, 2011

• July 14, 2011 at 7:20 am

The European weightlifting championships were a couple of months ago (all in prep for the Olympics in London next summer)…..here is a link for the 85kg snatch (187lbs+): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X582BVJeGBU (If you watch just one lift, watch the one at 20:07 – this kid took the silver medal–he’s ridiculously fast under the bar – he’s moving 365 lbs! If you watch the lifter at 17:02, that kid took the gold medal)

Clean and jerk for the same weight class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VNk0nLuIJ8&feature=related

Both videos are pretty long, but they are cool because they show the lift, then in slow-mo and break it down. The 85kg class are dudes that weigh 187 lbs – 205 lbs., and they are lifting 155kg. = 341 lbs. +.

• July 14, 2011 at 8:22 am

115# power cleans, 13:18 (single unders x4)

The ranks were thin this morning at the rooster class. As I was concerned about everyone I did some research and discovered today is National Nude Day, which of course brings a whole new meaning to the minimus movement.

No doubt this is the reason for the light turnout as I am sure everyone who was absent is celebrating in their own unique way. Fitness Lokey has assured me that he will post some interesting planking photos in honor of this special day.

And Paukune — don’t forget the sunblock.

• July 14, 2011 at 8:46 am

I want to see a vid of someone volunteering to bail at the bottom of a heavy back squat.

Anybody, anybody…?

• July 14, 2011 at 8:51 am

135# power cleans, 5:47rx.

And in honor of National Nude Day. Cody took a great picture of me in the crossfit office. Hopefully she will be posting it soon.

• July 14, 2011 at 10:03 am

Ryan, I was not witness to above referenced picture, but you may want to wipe down your desk and chair when you get back.

• July 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Ronin. You could have seen me bail with 265 yesterday, had you been there.

• July 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I have been taking video at the am class…I have a video of Tony ditching on a heavy back squat…check back tomorrow when I hope to have it posted. It is on our Facebook page for those who use it.

• July 14, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Strength
    175

WC
    8:28 with 200 single skips

• July 14, 2011 at 7:28 pm

strength- 225#
    wc- 5:14 (subbed singles)

• July 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

85# power cleans. No that is not my body weight.