Strength:
Work to heavy overhead squat

“Tabata Somthing Else”

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Compare to March 1. Post Tabata score and overhead squat loads to comments.

What do you think about during your workout?, CrossFit Verve

Surviving in an airplane seat, MWOD:

*******************************************************************************************

Angie and Curtis completed the Final Individual WOD from the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games yesterday. It was AMAZING to watch them both!!!

The WOD consists of:
20 calorie Row
30 Wallball Shots, 20 pound ball
20 Toes to bar
30 Box jumps, 24″ box
20 Sumo-deadlit high-pull, 108 pound kettlebell
30 Burpees
20 Shoulder to overhead, 135 pounds
120 foot Sled pull, sled plus 165 pounds

Round 1 – you go as far as you can through that set in three minutes.
Rest one minute.
Round 2 – you go as far as you can through the same set in six minutes.
Rest two minutes.
Round 3- you do the entire thing for time.

It’s a tough, tough WOD, and they both battled through it -completely awesome!! I hijacked Angie’s phone to take pictures (thank you Angie!).

Friday WOD, August 5, 2011

12 thoughts on “Friday WOD, August 5, 2011

• August 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Sounds like a little girl WOD!!

• August 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm

OHS: this strength movement is a bit different than the others this week. Before you OHS, you’ve got to behind the neck jerk the weight up. So, bar on back, step away from the rack, move your hands wide on the bar where you are confident and comfortable. Then, big breath and jerk. Next, I advise a couple short quick breaths to get your feet set while maintaining tight core. When you’re set (arms locked out with armpits showing forward, rock solid shoulders, feet in a good place) slowly start your way down. Key is to lead with your ass heading back and keeping that lumbar curve all the way below parallel. The bar should travel down a perfectly vertical path as you descend and ascend.

If you tend to struggle with shoulder and hip flexibility keep it light. This is a complex movement, so don’t go crazy unless you are confident and comfortable.

TSE: No secrets here – breathing and taking care of business. There are two ways to score: (1) total reps or (2) lowest number of reps for each set of movements then tally ’em up. For example if your lowest pull up number for the 8 sets is 6, then that’s your pull up total number. If you’ve never tried method 2 before it’s kinda fun to strategize and shoot for a number on every set.

• August 4, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I watched them do that WOD last weekend- and it looked sick. Those horses at the games were struggling… That’s bad ass you all did it. Cheers to that.

• August 5, 2011 at 8:23 am

Kuney – i know you are watching from Africa. i hurt myself for the first time on OHS but pushed on thru tabata. The 20 month streak is over.

145# OHS; missed the press at 155# and dropped the weight on my shoulder

320 tabata

• August 5, 2011 at 9:16 am

Ryan wants everyone to come lift tomorrow, regardless of skill level or age! I have heard several 7 members say, “nobody wants to see me lift, I will just waste peoples time…I’ll just watch.” First that is NOT true, we DO want to see you. Second, if everyone has that attitude, then we are going to have lots of spectators and no lifters. Gay.

So get your butt there in the morning and lift whatever you can.

• August 5, 2011 at 10:52 am

PRd OHS today at 145# (20# more than last max OHS in Feb 09, during the injury streak). Fun day today!

Didn’t do tabata – didn’t want to show everyone my breakfast 🙂

CF7 Social tonight: Cowtown diner at 6 pm, followed by four day weekend at 7:30. Tickets to four day weekend at $20. If you plan to go, post to comments or text Kristin so we will know who to keep an eye out for!

• August 5, 2011 at 10:58 am

Happy Birthday to Kyle H.!!!

• August 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm

PR on my OHS as well… 150. The best part was it felt GREAT!! Shooting for body weight next time.
    354 on Tabata. Do NOT short your self. My previous max was 360, so if I would have just done ONE more rep on a couple sets of pushups, or a couple more squats I could have PR’d on this too. Crap!
    Gonna miss the fun tomorrow, but best of luck to ALL lifters! Go get em!

• August 5, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Thanks Amie! Got a great workout this A.M. and had an opportunity to break in my new lifting shoes that my wife got me for my BDay.

• August 5, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Ok I suck… Way to go Angie.

292 tabata… OHS… this point practicing on form.

• August 5, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Hit 85# on the OHS (PR yay) and I don’t want to talk about my attempt at 95#. Let’s just say, we’re not there yet.