Skill:
Connecting toes to bar

15 Front Squats (135lb./95lb.)
8 Chest to bar pull-ups
30 Toes to bar
8 Chest to bar pull-ups
30 Wallballs
8 Chest to bar pull-ups
30 Release push-ups
8 Chest to bar pull-ups

********************************************************************

Europa was this past weekend, and CF7 was well represented in all of the WODs!! Angie, Kristin, Karli, Amie, Lauren, Ryan, Curtis, Mackey and JV all competed in several tough WODs and did an OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

WOD 1
AMRAP 6min
21-15-9
KB Swings(2pood/1.5pood)
BB Thruster (95/65)

WOD 2
AMRAP 5min
30 Double Unders
20 Box Jump (30/24)

WOD 3
TEST
Snatch 1RM
5 minutes to find max

Top 30 men, top 20 women and top 10 teams move to WOD 4.

WOD 4
AMRAP 12 min
15 Front Squats (135/95)
2 Bar Muscle-ups
30 Toes to Bar
2 Bar Muscle-ups
30 Wallballs
2 Bar Muscle-ups
30 TRX Push-ups
2 Bar Muscle-ups
15 Pistols
2 Bar Muscle-ups

Ryan and Curtis finished in the top 30 men and moved on to the final WOD 4, finishing 2nd and 3rd in the first heat! Angie helped CrossFit BlackBox by competing as the girl for their team and advanced to the team finals! And, every CF7 athlete on WOD 2 matched their current 1RM for snatch or set a new PR!! It was a great day for our crew!

After the WODs were all completed, I was so impressed with all of our athletes and their dedication to focusing on technique and skill. In the second WOD, we had five minutes to get a 1 rep max snatch – that’s far different than how we lift in our gym. But, most everyone set a new PR! That doesn’t happen by accident…..

“Perfect practice makes perfect.” How in the world can you explain all of the PRs? Easy – it’s a deliberate focus on technique and skill. It’s about being precise when we have a skill or strength prior to a WOD, focusing on detail and not just rushing through to hurry and get to the WOD. You see, every thing you practice in the skill or strength will manifest itself in a WOD. And our athletes dialed it in and used all they had when it matters most.

“Champions are not made in the ring….they are merely recognized there.”

Monday WOD, August 15, 2011

8 thoughts on “Monday WOD, August 15, 2011

• August 14, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Very cool watching our guys and girls do so well. Love our gym.

• August 15, 2011 at 10:26 am

One full round + 10 front squats (95#) in 15 minutes.

Toes to bar. What can I say? Ugh.

• August 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I rd plus 5 toes to bar. Rx

Way to go to all the CF who competed this past weekend! You all are rock stars!!!!

• August 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm

1 rd plus 11 front squats

Also pr’d my deadlift today, a pr I’ve been stuck on since ’03. I only mention this to tip my cap to Amie, R-squared, and Coach B. I focused on one tip from each of them, hit the lift with some to spare, and feel real good. Great to have some sharp eyes in the gym, plus access to the fine mind of a former member of the Fighting Irish football team.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Europa was a blast!! CF competitions are so much fun, and I would really encourage everyone to try it next time!!! The WODs are hard, but you find out how much more you will push yourself when a bazillion people are cheering you on!! It’s such a neat atmosphere and fun to be a part of it!!

Started back to school today –people asked me what I did all summer, and they weren’t nearly as excited about my new snatch PR as I was…. 🙂

Scaled the WOD today (no pullups) – 1 round + 5 toes 2 bar. Big props to Ryan and Curtis for doing this WOD after three brutal WODs and absolutely killed it.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:37 pm

1 round plus 13 front squats Rx.

Not a lover of the toes to bar move.

• August 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm

1 round + 15 front squats (#115) + 2 MU
    First day back after taking about 2 1/2 weeks off for vacation…pretty tough workout.