Skill:
L-sit walks…This is the advanced version – not to worry, there is a modification everyone can do, I just couldn’t find the right video!

2 snatches every minute on the minute for 15 minutes, goal is to reach max weight

Post snatch weight to comments.

This video is great for snatch technique. It’s in super slow motion, and you can see Liao hit all of the positions. Watch his shoulders — he keeps them in front of the bar until he gets to that all important second pull and initiates an explosive finish! Also, watch his feet. They move from the jumping position to the landing position super fast. He doesn’t jump vertically, but instead pulls his body down and around the barbell.

Now watch Liao snatch in real time:

****************************************************************************************

Thursday WOD, August 4, 2011

7 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, August 4, 2011

• August 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm

L-SIT WALKS: good goly ole’ mighty these look wicked. Never done them before, except for maybe when I was 7 in gymnastics or tae-kwon-do. I have no idea what to suggest other than have fun with it.

SNATCH: the slo-mo video says it all. That dude has things down pretty well I’d say. I will only add what I said the other day about the clean – keep the bar close to your body. And don’t over think it. A wise man once said, “paralysis by analysis.” Maybe think of one thing that typically gives you trouble that you need to remember to do and then go.

As far as strategy, 30 snatches = a lot. Pick a weight you are confident and comfortable with. If you get to 10 minutes and still feel strong, throw more weight on. I advise shooting for adding weight as you progress, rather than taking it off.

• August 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Thank you Lucas!

I need to add a disclaimer to the L-sit walk….when I first saw it, I too had the reaction most of you will have, that Ryan is crazy! 🙂 I assure you, he is not! I asked him about it earlier this week, and he and Curtis both had a very different idea of L-sit walk that is really cool. I meant to get a video of it but I forgot. Just know that if you come tomorrow, they won’t be as advanced as the video I posted (but how cool is that kid?)

Also on the snatches, they look scary if you haven’t done them very much. Don’t let that stop you from coming tomorrow either! Snatches are really scalable, and if you haven’t messed around with them too much, go light and focus on technique. Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!

• August 4, 2011 at 8:12 am

arm length and strength are the bigger Lsit issues

2 rds 85#/ 2 rds 95#/11 rds 105#

• August 4, 2011 at 8:42 am

Showed up right when the workout started and got after it.
    All I can say about the workout is Fitness Lokey wins again.haha.

• August 4, 2011 at 9:04 am

I’m kind of curious about whether the dude making those kinetic Imperial Land Walkers can build one which can snatch as much weight as Liao Hui.

• August 4, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Rest day today + 15 min. ice bath–hoping my legs will thank me for that later!

Angie and Curtis completed the final individual games WOD today – it was AH-MAZ-ING!!! I am so impressed with you both!! Pictures will be posted tomorrow!!!

• August 4, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Got to teach afternoon classes and today was such a FUN FUN day!! I’m REALLY impressed with everyone this afternoon: Bill, Robin, Greg, Tim, Teresa, David, John, Curtis, Leah and Beto — everyone picked a weight that may have been “light” in order to focus and dial in on technique. That is OUTSTANDING!!! It’s hard to not get caught up in moving heavy weight around and take time to learn the positions and really focus on technique. You all did a beautiful job!!! YAHOO!!!!