Strength:
Every minute on the minute for 15 minutes perform 1 power snatch and 2 overhead squats

6x 200m sprints with 1:00 minute rest between runs

Post strength loads and WOD splits to comments.

************************************************************************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our CrossFit kids….Ella and Faye!

*************************************************************************

Thursday WOD, September 1, 2011

8 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, September 1, 2011

• August 31, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I saw this WOD on Sunday when I was scheduling posts for the week and have been waiting all week for it! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! Overhead squats are my favorite!!!!

• September 1, 2011 at 6:37 am

Snatch / OHS 105#
    The sprints start off ok but the last 200 m is tough
    I tried to hang w the lead pack – even pulled a “Leroy Jenkins” but got dusted every time – oh well – Rooster have a good day!

• September 1, 2011 at 7:31 am

SC: snatch & OHS 75#

WC: could have timed my sprints with a calendar

• September 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm

135#(1-10rds) 145#(11-15rds)
    33,33,32,32,31,32
    It definitely helps to run with a group on the sprints. Be sure to do a few strides before starting the 200’s. You don’t want to miss Friday’s WOD due to pulling a hammy today.

• September 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm

85# on power snatch/OHS…still can’t run, but I am getting my custom insoles made tomorrow, so HOPEFULLY, I can run/jump within a couple of weeks!!

The PM classes were AWESOME today! Many thanks to Curtis for helping me on the coaching, especially on the sprints!! THANK YOU!!

I called Ryan on my way home to brag about the PM crews – I was REALLY impressed because I heard over and over, “snatch is not my favorite lift and I’m not really good at it, so I made sure to come today to learn and practice” – that is an OUTSTANDING perspective!! It’s never fun to practice something you feel like you aren’t good at, and everyone this afternoon worked really hard to put the coaching cues into practice. It totally fires me up!!! Today was super fun! Great work everyone!!!

• September 1, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Amie – Great job with the coaching today!

• September 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm

135# (1-5rds), 145# (6-10rds), 155# (11-15rds)

Runs: 38, 37, 39, 39, 39, 34

Always wanna skip running days, but always glad when I don’t!
    Great job today Curtis!

• September 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm

95#
    I’m normally a Rooster but I crashed the 5p class today. I had a blast! Thanks Amie and Curtis. Great coaching.