Strength:
Work to heavy hang snatch

4 rounds for time of:

10 Hang snatches (95 lb./65 lb.)
15 Box jumps

Post snatch weight and WOD time to comments.

Rich Froning won this year’s CrossFit Games. Rich is from CrossFit Cookeville (Tennessee), and they have a daily devotional site, CrossFit Faith. I’ve been reading it this summer, and it’s really pretty cool. Check it out!

**********************************************************************************************************

NAME THAT CROSSFITTER!!!

Think you know all of the CrossFit all-stars? See if you can name these athletes:

A.

B.

C.

D.

E. Hint: She has a benchmark WOD named after her!!

F.

G.

H.

I.

J. Hint: He’s from Texas…After competing as an individual the past two years, he competed on a team this year…

K. You get bonus points if you can name BOTH athletes in this photo!

L. Our local favorite!

Post your answers to comments!

Tuesday WOD, August 9, 2011

7 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, August 9, 2011

• August 9, 2011 at 7:34 am

125 / 8:26 RX. Be weary- my hands are pretty torn up from Monday and today’s workout- especially if you try to not set the bar down during the WOD.

• August 9, 2011 at 7:56 am

lower back and hammys very sore from yesterday.

115# and 75# 7:10 on WOD

• August 9, 2011 at 8:50 am

SC: 100# hang snatch

WC: 8:56 (65#)

• August 9, 2011 at 11:27 am

Visited with my wife today, Linz. Thanks for having me out! Normally I hail from Grapevine CF, but I’ve heard a lot about CF7 and been wanting to drop in. Good to meet the Ryans, Amy, and Curtis.

Quite the challenge not dropping the bar at all during the WOD, only managed to hold it till rep 7 of the 3rd round. Loved the challenge, thanks Ryan.

125# / 7:35 Rx

Till next time!

• August 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Kindof beat up after yesterday and today. Tomorrow is going to be a REST day!!! Big thank you to Curtis for reminding me today that rest days are good and badly necessary….

• August 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

PS No one has named all of the athletes from the Games!! I’ll give you the first one…Rich Froning. Now, name the rest! 🙂

• August 9, 2011 at 7:05 pm

135# hang snatch. New PR!
    6:53 WOD with 75#. I did not do yesterdays WOD so I was pretty fresh but God Almighty it is hot for a rooster at the 6pm class.