Strength:
Work to a heavy power clean

Four rounds for time of:

3 Power cleans (165 lb./115 lb.)
3 Muscle ups
3 40-inch box jumps
30 Double-unders

Post power clean loads and WOD time to comments. (Substitutions and modifications will be given for some movements, so don’t let the prescribed WOD keep you from coming!)

*****************************************

One arm, kipping pullup into a handstand push-up….

Thursday WOD, November 3, 2011

10 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, November 3, 2011

• November 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm

That’s pretty amazing but what I want to know is is there someone juggling behind that guy?

• November 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm

wow, my vagina is still sore from Tuesday.

the only authorized sub for muscle ups will be 3 sitting down while peeing’s (sdwp’s) – for time

• November 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Cowtown Registration is now open.
    Last year we had a good CF7 representaion at the Cowtown half marathon. This year’s race will be on Febuary 26 and we would like to see a bunch of PR’s. If your interested in competing or simply testing your limits then register with the Crossfit7 team.
    There are discounts for registering early so don’t wait till the last minute.

• November 3, 2011 at 7:54 am

13:30 not Rx; reduced some weight mid WOD; with subs for MUs and 31″ box jump.

We had a quitter this morning. I won’t say who (FL). he wasn’t hung over either like the time i quit mid WOD.

• November 3, 2011 at 7:57 am

175# PC
    14:28 on the WOD. Lots of subs, but great workout.

• November 3, 2011 at 8:29 am

WoW what a rooster class. He had some ropes being thrown across the gym, we had a quitter, we had some bad language being used, we had a miss counter and only one person who could do the muscle ups with a hangover. All in all, great morning.

• November 3, 2011 at 9:16 am

225# PR; 8:45 with subs. BUT… after the WOD I did do my first ever muscle ups (yes that’s plural) so I feel much more a part of the cool kids. Next thing you know… I’ll actually get double unders down. Kyle was much more of a man this morning by actually attempting and doing the double-unders while I courageously grinded through my single-unders.

Lockey- the beard needs to return.

• November 3, 2011 at 6:06 pm

235# pc, then hit 245#, but questionable if it was a sc or a pc, THEN…hit a 255# squat clean PR!!!

WOD – rx’ed 6:21

• November 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm

135# PC, 9:48 WOD (subbed pullups/dips and single skips – jumping still scares me!)

Worked for Coach B last weekend at the Oly lifting course, and I learned a new technique for teaching snatch/clean and jerk – the “take -off” position. I was SO FIRED up about it because it just flat makes sense to people….and I got REALLY excited when I showed everyone this afternoon because you could see it on their face that the lifts made sense. It was AWESOME!!! I will work on writing a post next week to explain it 🙂

• November 3, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Enjoyed the class this afternoon Amy and the new technique was great. Still need a lot of work on Power Cleans. Good class and fun WOD.