For time:

50 Push ups
50 Sit ups
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Back extensions
50 Dips

****************************

Behdad Salimi of Iran set a new world record in snatch on Sunday at the 2011 World Weightlifting Championship…. 214kg Snatch. That’s 470 pounds, and he makes it look light. He is speed strong and moves fast under the bar….amazing.

****************************
The CrossFit Journal posted a five part series of videos called, “A Language to Diagnose” by Kelly Starrett of the Mobility WODs.

“Intensity is a harsh mistress,” he says.

According to Starrett, on our road to achieve general preparedness through CrossFit, our bodies take a beating. Through a survey of participants at his seminar, he shows how many CrossFitters have experienced problems in their necks, shoulders, backs, hips, knees, ankles and feet.

“CrossFit is turning out to be the most effective way to find flaws and inefficiencies in human movement I’ve ever seen,” he says. “If we’re missing a range, we’re missing a piece. We’re going to find it.”

“We found a programming that’s really found out all the inefficiencies,” Starrett says.

Tuesday WOD, November 15, 2011

21 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, November 15, 2011

• November 14, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I found that snatch video Sunday and posted in on the Oly cert FB page….I bet I’ve watched it a dozen times and am still floored that guy lifted 470 lbs. overhead easily. He didn’t have super great technique either, which is even more crazy (watch his feet)….so impressive!!!

• November 15, 2011 at 5:12 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK F.!!!! 🙂

• November 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

Can’t remember but i think it was 18:22 with a band on the dips. Jumping PUs were surprisingly tiring.

• November 15, 2011 at 9:19 am

Also everyone please keep PAU-KUNE in your thoughts and prayers cause i know he keeps you there.

He got hurt and couldn’t get up at FB Apache and was left for dead since he forgot to wear his Lifeline necklace. Luckily his son found him still alive. His body may have broken down for the last time as he is now using a walker to get around. He was a great warrior and we will miss him.

• November 15, 2011 at 10:00 am

Dips were a killer. Did 15 with a band, then the rest on a tire.

• November 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I thought 2pood was Pau-Kune…. Either way, dont post your “leanfit” Bulljive here in the men’s department.
    I only want to read;
    1. PRs
    2. Anything sarcastic
    3. Sandusky jokes
    That is all.

• November 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Cody, first off you cant dance, second you quit crossfit and third dont mess with rooster class or we will f you up!!

15:20RX ( suck it cody)

• November 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Lokey – you have been “crossfitting” for over a year and have yet to complete ONE full range of motion rep. Your range of motion is shorter than your…….
    HOWEVER, I appreciate your sarcasm. I pardon you.
    Also be advised,I dont need to dance; I drink LIKE A BOSS.

• November 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm

cody- your weak, you quit coming bc you sucked. Its ok. Crossfit just isnt for you. C7 is just a little more than you can haddle.

• November 15, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Doesn’t anyone care that PAU-KUNE is hurt

again??? He could have soiled himself on the floor of FB Apache if his son hadn’t shown up. i hope you get well soon.

• November 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Keep it clean guys…..locker room talk gets the ax on the blog.

• November 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

15:56 band for ring dips.

Congrats to Angie!! that is awesome.

• November 15, 2011 at 6:47 pm

21:13 rx

Fun workout, though going by 2’s and singles near the end sucked…I need to work on dips!

• November 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm

19:21 (cant exactly remember) RX..ring dips were devastating

Lockey- FYI, we jacked a couple more roosters to add to the 4:15 powerhouse! Enjoy runfit

• November 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm

1557. I second KP on the dips. After doing okay on the first 15 dips… I somehow managed to pull off 35 sets of manly onesies to close out the WOD.

• November 15, 2011 at 10:06 pm

21:00 – with cheater bands and the bar, not the rings. but i finished everything! lol

• November 16, 2011 at 6:40 am

16:00 Rx
    I finished everything but the ring dips in 9 minutes. Then, it took me 7 minutes to complete those. Wow.

• November 16, 2011 at 6:41 pm