Strength:
Max weight pull-ups 2-2-2-2-2-2-2

8 rounds (NOT TIMED) of:

15 Plyo-metric push ups
200m Sprint walk back from turn around

Post pull-up loads to comments.

*********************************************************************************************

Metro Dash will be in Dallas February 18! This looks like a great event! Registration is now open!

Click here to register and get more information!

Last week, I posted a video of a lady balancing on her stick in the kitchen….which led me to this video..

Friday WOD, January 6, 2012

7 thoughts on “Friday WOD, January 6, 2012

• January 6, 2012 at 9:00 am

Dead Hang (no kip allowed by R2) Pullup 2X – 20; 35; 44; 53; 60; 70; 80X1

Then 8 or 9 rounds of the WOD

Everyone left and R2 was called in by the Wodfather for a lecture on kip vs. no kip.

• January 6, 2012 at 9:29 am

Finished with 88 lbs but only did one rep with it.

Sprints were all under 35 seconds, best was 32 seconds.

Good Friday WOD.

• January 6, 2012 at 9:49 am

Tim and Scott did great last night, cleaned heavy weight then blew through the WOD.

Max weight pullups are one of my favorites. Wish I could get me some today.

Shawn, a fairly new rooster was in at the 5 last night, and I was taking him through the basics of a clean. Because of the way I teach, I usually end up using too many words and being too technical, especially with beginners. But, it is important to remember that although there are dozens of complex components going on throughout a successful lift, sometimes you just need to jump. Shawn heard my technical coaching yada yada, and then I told him to just jump the weight, and he looked like a pro.

• January 6, 2012 at 11:03 am

Weighted pull ups, 5 lbs, 10, 18, 26, 30, and 1 rep of 35 lbs.
    Good Wod this am, big rooster class.

• January 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm

90 x 2 pullups

did 4 rounds of pushups and 5 sprints, didn’t like the way my back was reacting to the runs after yesterday’s lifts, so i shut it down

• January 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

After a super long day at school, I was pretty zapped this afternoon…I went to CF7 with a cup of coffee and intention of hanging out with my favorite people. Turns out I only needed about 15 minutes to get my mind right and jump into the WOD at 4:15. I am so blessed to be with you guys – totally filled my bucket today – thank you!

Skipped the pullups – hands are still healing from the pullup/t2b WOD from the other day. Fastest sprint was 40 seconds (the last one).

• January 6, 2012 at 9:53 pm