Strength:
Work to a heavy power snatch

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

7 Push presses (115 lb./85 lb.)
10 Overhead squats (115 lb./85 lb.)
20 Sit ups

WOD Demo with Laurie Galassi and Jussi Mutikainen – video [wmv] [mov]

Post snatch loads and completed rounds to comments.

************************

Thursday WOD, February 9, 2012

9 thoughts on “Thursday WOD, February 9, 2012

• February 8, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Happy Birthday to Ben!! 30 Birthday burpees for you!!

Also, Happy Birthday to Andrew (it was earlier this week, and I forgot to post – my apologies!!!)

• February 9, 2012 at 9:00 am

Happy Birthday Guys!

• February 9, 2012 at 9:01 am

3 Rounds + 1 (Main Site Rx – 135 lb and 15 GHD)

Very painful and humbling. I want a do over.

• February 9, 2012 at 10:24 am

I learned the value of keeping your shoulders active and engaged in OHS – the hard way. I dropped the bar on my head. Don’t make my mistake.

• February 9, 2012 at 10:37 am

I did this WOD earlier this week, and my abs are still sore from GHDs — 4rds + 3 PP.

Rusty – I’ve dropped an OHS on my head before – it does hurt. 🙂

• February 9, 2012 at 11:13 am

Is CWG Brent?

Did this with the 6am kids

165# power snatch
    175# squattish snatch

Wod: main site rx’ed (135# and 15 ghd Situps)
    3 rounds + 7PP + 2OHS

everything failed me on round 2 of the OHS, I somehow rallied (sort of) and got a little further. Everyone don’t snatch the weight, do a jerk from the back instead will save your shoulders!

• February 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

Awesome day today.

Snatching is the most explosive, practically versatile lift in the business. If you want to be the best possible crossfitter, you HAVE to learn how to snatch. No way around it. You are using every major muscle group, legs, back, core, shoulders, and they all have to fire on all cylinders while maintaining balance and focus. There is a limit to how powerful you can get doing pushups and situps. You need those things too, BUT you will never hit new PR’s or be able to do wods Rx’d if you don’t lift…and the Snatch is the King of all lifts.

So, please come today and engage in the uncomfortable, the “outside your comfort zone”, and the intimidating…

And Snatch.

• February 9, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Awesome work out 5rds +7 push press of course I only hard the bar for the ohs’ and 55bls for the push press. It still put it to me! I also forgot the bar was over my head at tr end of the ohs’ and managed to wack my self on the top of the head with it. Proud day