(GET RID OF YOUR LOVE HANDLES) VALENTINES WORKOUT!!

Strength:
Work to a heavy front squat

5x100m Row test with 3-5 minutes rest between rounds

Post front squat loads and row splits to comments.

*************************

Quick Fixes to Improve Rowing” with Brian MacKenzie by Again Faster EquipmentCrossFit Journal preview video [wmv] [mov]

**************************

David Goggins sleeps three hours a night. He has a resting heart rate of 32 beats per minute. He wakes up at 3.a.m. and runs 15 to 20 miles. He commutes 25 miles to work by bicycle. He is the only person to complete Navy SEALS “Hell Week” three times. He is the only person to complete Tactical Air Control, SEAL and Army Ranger training. With no special training, David Goggins ran 100 miles in 18 hours. In finishing that race, in 2006, he suffered stress fractures in his feet and shins, urinated blood and lost control of his bowels. David Goggins completed 10 100-mile races in 2007. He finished third at the 2007 Badwater, a 135-mile trek through Death Valley known as “The World’s Toughest Footrace.” He once ran 203.5 miles in 48 hours.

“With the Special Ops Warrior Foundation’s help, we put 266 kids through college last year. And that’s what keeps me going. I’ll be honest, I don’t like running. I don’t like biking. I don’t like swimming. I do it to raise money. But, now that I’m in this sport, I want to see how far I can push myself. What makes me tick is that pain you feel when you do these ultramarathons. I love knowing that everyone’s suffering because I know I can suffer just a little bit more. I can take a lot of pain.”
http://enduranceclub.com/david_goggins.php )

– David Goggins

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

6 thoughts on “Tuesday, February 14, 2012

• February 14, 2012 at 6:49 am

Front Squat: 315# PR!

Rows: 17.0/16.8/16.8/16.6/16.3

Fun morning with 6am cheering each other on!

• February 14, 2012 at 8:32 am

Front Squat: 265/ then PR fail. Need work on technique.
    Josh crushed it on Front Squat- dude is as efficient as anyone on those- there’s a reason he can rack so much weight. Nice work.
    Rows: 16.4, 16, 16, 15.9, 16.2 It helps not to fall off the seat if you want to break 16 seconds.

Fun change up the pace WOD.

• February 14, 2012 at 9:05 am

did yesterday WOD – 9 rounds plus 10 hang cleans Rx

• February 14, 2012 at 9:58 am

Hey thanks Ryan, it’s good coaching from R1 & R2, hold your breath, get off the rack and go, dont stand there and breath out or your back will cave.

That and I used a weight belt for the first time which helped too!

• February 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Did a CF conference on Sat that involved multiple wods, so I am suffering, still, on Tuesday. Filled my quota for the year. Back to lifting.

Front Squat 319lbs (or 145kg)
    Clean @ 85% 232lbs (or 105kg)

• February 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Found this cool site to keep track of calories, workouts and sets your ideal calorie count daily. It’s FREE. Also has a free Mobile app.

I keep track of WODs & calorie intake.
    Try it! It will help u get to your desired weight goal whether to gain or lose…