3 rounds for time of:

50 Air squats
400m Run
20 Pull ups
200m Farmers carry with 2-45lb. bars (2 35-lb. bars for women)

(Note – DO NOT DROP AN EMPTY BAR on the ground.)

********************

Is Ice Cream addicting?, ABC News

Ten changes to living Paleo, Everyday Paleo

Sweet potato brownies Paleomg.com
(I was unsure when I first saw these, but they are REALLY good.)

Thank you to everyone who brought very tasty treats to the pot luck on Saturday!!! Post your recipes to comments!

PALEO PULLED PORK
Ingredients:
– 1 pork shoulder roast (or pork butt roast)
– 2-3 sweet potatoes, chopped
– 1 6oz can tomato paste
– 1 to 1.5 cups of beef stock
– 3 cloves garlic
– .5 of an onion
– 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– BBQ sauce

1. Cut up the pork roast into 3-4 big chunks and place in bottom of crock pot. (I rub meat seasoning on the pork before putting it in the the crock pot.)
2. Dump in tomato paste, beef stock, garlic, onion, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and chili powder. Stir ingredients and cook on low for about 8 hours.
3. About 30 minutes prior to serving pork, chop sweet potatoes and boil them until soft. Place the boiled potatoes in the bottom of a serving dish.
4. Once pork is done, remove from crock pot and place on top of the sweet potatoes. Use a fork to shred the meat. Serve with BBQ sauce, if desired.

Tuesday WOD, March 6, 2012

14 thoughts on “Tuesday WOD, March 6, 2012

• March 5, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Get some- farmers carry!!

• March 6, 2012 at 7:19 am

Angie bender- post your casserole recipe. It was good! Quoting Summer “it tastes like Christmas!”.

• March 6, 2012 at 7:26 am

Turning 32 today and even though my life has been flipped upside down this last month the people of cf7 has really given me something to look forward to thanks to all and I look forward to carrying some farmers today.

• March 6, 2012 at 7:34 am

Ditto on the recipe.

• March 6, 2012 at 7:51 am

OK- here it is…..

IPaleo Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Bake

Ingredients
    10 to 12 eggs, whisked
    1 large or two medium sweet potatoes, shredded
    1 cup schredded cabbage
    1 lb sausage (grain feed if possible)
    1 sweet onion, finely diced (I ran mine through the shredded with my sweet potato)
    1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
    1 tablespoon tarragon
    1 tablespoon thyme
    1 tablespoon parsley
    1 tablespoon garlic in the jar or powder
    Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
    Preheat your oven to 425.
    Cut your spaghetti squash in half. Spoon out the seeds and discard. Don’t be afraid to put some back into it.
    Place spaghetti squash cut-side down on a cookie sheet. Bake for around 20-25 minutes of until spaghetti squash is soft to the touch. It should give a little.
    While your spaghetti squash bakes, crack all your eggs into a bowl and whisk together.
    Then shred your sweet potato & cabbge. I used my always wonderful shredding attachment on my food processor. YOU STILL HAVEN’T BOUGHT A FOOD PROCESSOR?? Jesus. Buy one.
    Now you can either send your onion through the food processor or chop it yourself. Think about how easy your life could be if you sent it through a food process. There ya go.
    Cook sausauge in large skillet. If lean, should not have very much fat, so leave it in the pan when done. After you’re are done shredding away, add to your skillet over medium-high heat. Plop in your sweet potato and onions and cover to let cook down.
    Randomly flip the sausauge, sweet potatoes and onions and stir them up a bit to be sure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan or been. Keep covered until the sweet potatoes are soft and delicious.
    Remove from heat.
    Your spaghetti squash should be done at this point, so take it out of the oven and use a fork to remove the threads. Add them directly to your egg mixture.
    Turn your oven down to 400 degrees.
    Then throw your sweet potato and onion mixture in the bowl with your eggs and spaghetti squash and add all your seasonings.
    Mix together. Add some salt and pepper as need.
    Now grease an 8×13 glass baking dish. Pour your egg mixture in the dish. (spray botton with virgin olive oil Pam)
    Bake your egg casserole for around 25-30 minutes. This b*tch is dense so make sure it is cooked all the way through before you pull it out to rest. I checked it out by pulling it out of the oven and poking at the middle part of the egg dish. If my finger sunk in, it wasn’t done. Obv. It should bounce back at you. Like fluffy eggs do. Rhymer, that I am.
    Let sit for 5+ minutes to cool and meld all together. I even ate this cold the next day.

I like the idea of Paleo potluck on Saturdays! May we should make it a tradition????
    Enjoy!!!

Angie B

• March 6, 2012 at 7:55 am

17:50 RX A little harder than it looks. The farmers were heavy. Good WOD.

• March 6, 2012 at 9:08 am

Great work out everybody, but R4’s new name is “no count”. According to the wow father.

• March 6, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Id like to meet this wow father. I guess no counts don’t include the “Lockey shortcut”…. Farmers Carrys through the grass, cutting every corner possible.

• March 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm

OK- here it is…..
    IPaleo Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Bake

Ingredients
    10 to 12 eggs, whisked
    1 large or two medium sweet potatoes, shredded
    1 cup schredded cabbage
    1 lb sausage (grain feed if possible)
    1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
    1 tablespoon tarragon
    1 tablespoon thyme
    1 tablespoon parsley
    1 tablespoon garlic in the jar or powder
    Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
    Preheat your oven to 425.
    Then shred your sweet potato & cabbage. I used my always wonderful shredding attachment on my food processor. YOU STILL HAVEN’T BOUGHT A FOOD PROCESSOR?? Jesus. Buy one.
    Cook sausage in large skillet. If lean, should not have very much fat, so leave it in the pan when done. After you’re are done shredding away, add to your skillet over medium-high heat. Plop in your sweet potato and onions and cover to let cook down.
    Randomly flip the sausage, sweet potatoes and onions and stir them up a bit to be sure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan or been. Keep covered until the sweet potatoes are soft and delicious.
    Remove from heat.
    Turn your oven down to 400 degrees.
    Mix together. Add some salt and pepper as need.
    Now grease an 8×13 glass baking dish. Pour your egg mixture in the dish. (spray bottom with virgin olive oil Pam)

Enjoy!!!

Angie B

• March 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm

hahahahaha. I had to walk thru the grass, I kept on dropping the bars. Sorry about that “No Count”

• March 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm

21:55, but used 35 pound KBs and blue band.

• March 6, 2012 at 7:36 pm